Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:25:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Information about Marketcaps.  (Read 145 times)
Xtez (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 13

Arabic Translation. Pm me

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:55:39 PM

Hey guys,

This might be a stupid question but I need some information on Market-caps.
If a coin has a big market cap does it mean that it still has room to grow in price as well as Market-caps?

For example, if a market like Tron / Stellar which has a huge market-cap and supply and is still at a low price, how does it affect its overall net growth?
Some information on the topic would be nice as I am quite confused.
Thanks

---Looking for new Campaign---
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:01:40 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 04:51:21 PM by mjglqw

You cant determine a coin's potential through marketcap. It's really just dependent on how much hype it has and how much of that certain coin will people buy.

About supply: coins with lower supply simply has a lot of room to grow compared to coins with high supply, due to low supply coins being easier to rise in price if people are buying good amounts. That's why coins like XRP/TRX/XLM/etc's prices are very low because it's circulating supply is very high, compared to bitcoin's current circulating supply of only 16.8 million, compared to XRP's 38 billion, TRX's 65 billion, and XLM's 17 billion.

Hope you get my point.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
nitinkp47

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:26:47 PM

Hi,

Thats a good information. But but things like volume, supply, transactions amount and their effect on the price.
Does these things have impact on the coin evaluation? All these really confuse newbie like me.
As XRP as price very low but it is 3rd largest by supply whereas some other altcoins are trading at high price but their supply is very less.
That's really confusing.
Xtez (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 13

Arabic Translation. Pm me

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:33:02 PM

You cant determine a coin's potential through marketcap. It's really just dependent on how much hype it has and how much of that certain coin will buy.

About supply: coins with lower supply simply has a lot of room to grow compared to coins with high supply, due to low supply coins being easier to rise in price if people are buying good amounts. That's why coins like XRP/TRX/XLM/etc's prices are very low because it's circulating supply is very high, compared to bitcoin's current circulating supply of only 16.8 million, compared to XRP's 38 billion, TRX's 65 billion, and XLM's 17 billion.

Hope you get my point.

Thank you, I completely understand this.

---Looking for new Campaign---
milhaop

Activity: 78

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:13:29 PM

In my opinion, you the market cap is a good indicator, and only this.

Be careful with coins like Tron, Cardano, Doge, etc... If you are looking for long-term investment they are not good coins. They don't have nothing different or unique, than others already have.

Look for innovative coins, like Waves, Onion, etc... These kind of coins have a huge potencial for the future.

However if you want only sort profit/daily trading, every coin may be good. Smiley
mashutka

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:57:24 PM

Coins with low caps have more room to grow but quite often people think that cheap coins can cost as much as bitcoin even though their supply 100 times higher. That's why coins with high cap but low price still grow. Examples are XRP and TRX. Some people really think that it can hit $100 and higher.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:45:08 AM

Be careful with coins like Tron, Cardano, Doge, etc... If you are looking for long-term investment they are not good coins. They don't have nothing different or unique, than others already have.

Look for innovative coins, like Waves, Onion, etc... These kind of coins have a huge potencial for the future.

However if you want only sort profit/daily trading, every coin may be good. Smiley

It's funny how you called Cardano a coin that isn't good, but called DeepOnion innovative? lol. Cardano's whitepaper is actually good, the issue is only that it doesn't have a working product yet it's already top 5 on coinmarketcap. Whereas DeepOnion? I don't think "innovative" and "onion" should be used in the same sentence.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
topgun911

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:56:44 AM

Doesnt matter what coin it is even if its a legit project, or hype.  If i can convince you to purchase in creating less supply, and hype the heck out of it, I will turn a profit and move on.
MirandaGreen12

Activity: 131
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:11:35 AM

Market Cap is the amount of Fiat money (USD, GBP etc) currently invested into a Cryptocurrency.
Market cap gives us the real indication of the size of a currency. Let’s say that we expect Ethereum to become the same size as Bitcoin one day. What we’re actually saying here is that we believe the market cap of Ethereum will be the same as the Market Cap of Bitcoin.
Hopefully you guys can see now that the price of a currency gives NO indication whatsoever about the size of a currency or its potential to grow. Instead, the Market Cap represents both of these things so, when you are comparing currencies, you should ALWAYS USE THE MARKET CAP AS A GUIDE, NOT THE PRICE.
You can check more at bitcoinwiki, there's is very good article about crypto basics
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: