Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:06:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICS - BASICS: Which ASIC gear and company is the best! "Vlad Rules"  (Read 1762 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 12:53:58 AM

All-right, the BFL reign of terror is over - that was the fastest monopoly death I've ever seen.   

Thank you, Josh!  And thank You, God!

We finally have some very serious and very real competitors (i.e. Cointerra, HashFast, AsicMiner, Avalon, KNC, of course, still the biggest of them all, BFL, and others) in the newly formed Bitcoin ASICS industry so there's gonna soon be millions of people (Once Bitcoin gets its ETF) looking for good info and personal experience as to which ASICS are the best (and why) and which company is the best to deal with and to trust with your hard earned money.  God knows we all could have used such insight a year ago.  I haven't seen any thread which puts them all together and with no threat of being censored.

As always, freedom of speech is of utmost importance to me, I don't side with any one person or any one company.  If you wanna express yourself and/or vent on any company or their employees then this would be the thread. 

People and especially newbies would pay for this kind of information to spare them from hefty expenses and grief.  A consumer report with a personal twist, if you will.

Vlad Rules means I don't censor anyone, I don't delete anyone's posts and I don't report anyone for speaking their mind, without exception.

Please, do try to keep it civil for civility's sake but otherwise please don't hold back.   

The truth is what I'm after, brothers!

So let's get the BASICS on ASICS!

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 01:07:21 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176262.0

I no longer update it but there are some resources available. I never had self-moderation on this, only updated the OP with new info.

The best one however is your brain: take a look at the company before diving right into a pre-order that is predicated by non-existent hardware and get scammed or roped into the next BFL.

Other than that, I am still not entirely what this is about?

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 01:18:11 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=176262.0

I no longer update it but there are some resources available. I never had self-moderation on this, only updated the OP with new info.

The best one however is your brain: take a look at the company before diving right into a pre-order that is predicated by non-existent hardware and get scammed or roped into the next BFL.

Other than that, I am still not entirely what this is about?

It's hard to use your brain when there is nothing to think about except a company's promises.  Cause they all sound good.  I want a thread which has the personal experiences and opinions regarding all the ASICS builders.

For example I had no idea Avalon was screwing its Buyers and doesn't even return phone calls. I thought Avalon was a good company.  I accidentally ran across that today while reading an article.  It's difficult and it takes a lot of research to find out the truth about these companies.

So I'm hoping one single thread which favors no company in particular will have all that info, in detail and from recent personal experience.  And no censorship means you get to see all the points of view and decide for yourself who to go with.

mnyonpa

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:39:50 AM

AsicMiner and BFL are dead.

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 06:38:21 AM

Well, ASICminer is still shipping a lot of USB sticks, right.

And BFL is in trouble cause of too many broken promises but they're still the biggest and I think a lot of people upgraded to their monarch 600GH rig.

If they deliver the Monarch as promised then they'll be saved.  If they fail once again and drag it out with lies in top of lies for months to come then they're done and I see a class action suit cause many people lost so much money waiting on their ever changing shipping timelines.

mnyonpa

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:21:23 AM

And BFL is in trouble cause of too many broken promises but they're still the biggest and I think a lot of people upgraded to their monarch 600GH rig.

If they deliver the Monarch as promised then they'll be saved.  If they fail once again and drag it out with lies in top of lies for months to come then they're done and I see a class action suit cause many people lost so much money waiting on their ever changing shipping timelines.

Those USB sticks and Japapeños are useless with current difficulty.

I think you should create another SHA-256 coin for those poor miners with USB sticks Wink

BFL won’t deliver anything as promised. Now they sell preorders for a 600GH/s device and even if they ship on time (which is highly doubtful), by Novermber the market will be flooded with 400GH/s devices from KnC and maybe HashFast and others as well, so by the time that 600GH/s gets out it probably will have the same mining rate as Jalapeños now, which means no ROI.

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 09:27:46 AM

If they deliver the Monarch as promised then they'll be saved.  If they fail once again and drag it out with lies in top of lies for months to come then they're done and I see a class action suit cause many people lost so much money waiting on their ever changing shipping timelines.

Those USB sticks and Japapeños are useless with current difficulty.

I think you should create another SHA-256 coin for those poor miners with USB sticks Wink

BFL won’t deliver anything as promised. Now they sell preorders for a 600GH/s device and even if they ship on time (which is highly doubtful), by Novermber the market will be flooded with 400GH/s devices from KnC and maybe HashFast and others as well, so by the time that 600GH/s gets out it probably will have the same mining rate as Jalapeños now, which means no ROI.

I agree my jalapeños will be worthless by the time I get them.  I should probably cancel the orders.

I also don't think BFL won't make the deadline since they've never made a single deadline but if they do they'll be saved as a company but if they don't then they're done for.

I just hope they ship the backlog before they file BK.

I'm pretty certain Bitcoin will get its ETF AND then the price will easily go to $1,000 so I'm hoping by then I'll be able to get my investment back.  At this rate I'll be lucky to get my jalapeños by November which will see 200 million difficulty.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: