Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: US New England looking for a place for small farm 40kW  (Read 87 times)
hozerdev (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:50:00 PM

I have been looking for an option to expand my micro farm (6kW) into something bigger but still small, I am thinking of a 200A service, up-to ~45kW. To do that I need someone with similar thoughts, mining power ~6-10kW, who as me , doesn't fit into the apartment not a garage anymore (heat, noise and summer is comming you know  Smiley ), or want to expand their mining farm and also move the farm into the location with cheaper electricity rates. I definitely don't need all 45kW but for 2-3 small farmers it can work very well.

So I have been thinking of this for a while already:

1. Shipping Container
a ) We will buy a shipping container, install a main panel 200A, intake/outtake fans, filters, A/C units, power/Lan cables, a switch, shelves, etc
It can be assembled manually or bought as a product if any exist on the market and depending on the budged.
b) Find an outside storage place.
I am thinking of the places like secured towing facilities, the regular outside storage places, etc
c) A place should be with cheaper electricity rates then we have right now, the closest to me is PA, where we would get 8-12cents per kWh residential rate. The residential rate in my area Southern CT is 0.17$/kWh.
+
Mobile (we can move it anywhere if needed)
Scalable (easy to clone a farm)
Effective cooling (any cooling design with wall modification is possible)
-
Security (need to host it in a secure place with surveillance, etc)
Internet (cable or LTE might be not available)

2. Storage / Small industrial property
Similarly as with the container. Except it is probably harder to find a place with appropriate rent however I haven't done much research in this.
I once spoke with CubeSmart to host the hardware there. There were fine with all the heat, noise and electricity sub-panel even in conditioned open floor storage space, if I sign a year contract. But I don't think they realize how much heat it produce.

Please let me know what you think guys.

technews123

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:22:46 AM

Interested in this too.
Not sure how easy it is to convert containers, which may take much time/expertise/money. 40kW doesn't seem a lot of rigs. It seems renting a cheap warehouse or single house is more common, since you can use existing utility facility (with upgrades).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: