Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:26:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: would you dump XRP for something else or hold it?  (Read 192 times)
Lifework (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:17:02 PM

Just curious. i know everyone says don't buy it. i bought it a long time ago and am far in the green for the little i put in. it doesn't really excite me and its not sounding like a good long term. would you dump it for something else like XLM or another or just hold onto it? even if it went belly up im not out alot however id like to make the most of my investments so would dumping it for xlm and buying 3 xlm for everyone 1 xrp be worth it in the long run or just ride it out and see? im simply asking what youd do i realize there is no guarantee or way of knowing 100%.
dzkazmi

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:46:48 PM

XRP is a great coin for the future, I suggest you should hold them for good long period of time for your future.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
ArkadiyDeliev
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 9

Anarchy

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 08:55:25 PM

Anything but XRP, the most centralized and shilled-out "crypto" out there. Banks are going to fail, making XRP useless. If you're a hodler and a long-term investor, consider what is projected for the future and invest in projects that promise to be a compliant resource for that future.

VIDY 👅
Video Layer for Ads ▶
https://www.vidy.com
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:57:02 PM

XRP is a great coin for the future, I suggest you should hold them for good long period of time for your future.

Some opposite speakers says that Ripple is a good token to manipulate it's market price.
Founders hold so many tokens and could make a "big sale" on the market than price will be falls down immidiately.

BarkingHawk

Activity: 197
Merit: 190

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:59:10 PM

XRP goes against the spirit of crypto, I would rather buy anything else.  There is plenty of profit to be made without supporting the big players that are trying to control all money.  Invest in solid projects.

TobiasJohanson

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:00:08 PM

Some opposite speakers says that Ripple is a good token to manipulate it's market price.
Founders hold so many tokens and could make a "big sale" on the market than price will be falls down immidiately.

Why would they do that? Usually founders of projects are not benefitting from pump and dump of their own coins so it's not likely that tihs will happen in such a big project. It's more likely that they slow sell to get their money and buy when it's low because they believe in it.

To the OP: I would suggest other projects for quick gains or bigger risk/reward-ratio. If you are not going to daytrade and want little risk but definitely reward in the long run - just don't look back on your investment in XRP for the next 6 to 12 months and keep it hodling.
cindygirl

Activity: 280
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:00:56 PM

Just curious. i know everyone says don't buy it. i bought it a long time ago and am far in the green for the little i put in. it doesn't really excite me and its not sounding like a good long term. would you dump it for something else like XLM or another or just hold onto it? even if it went belly up im not out alot however id like to make the most of my investments so would dumping it for xlm and buying 3 xlm for everyone 1 xrp be worth it in the long run or just ride it out and see? im simply asking what youd do i realize there is no guarantee or way of knowing 100%.

Personally I'd get rid of it after this big recovery it has had in the last day or so, it's one of the main gainers alongside coins like verge, I would be selling them and looking to buy in to another coin that is still close to its bottom, or even just holding bitcoin. You can always re-enter later if you actually believe in XRP.

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:06:33 PM

I would hold XRP for now. I think Ripple has a good future and it is a long term investment for me. But if you don’t want to keep it long term, I think you can sell it for over $2 next week.

blok

Activity: 93

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:06:40 PM

If you don't believe in the project, dump them (since you're in the green) and reinvest your gains in a project you believe in.

Personally I'm stable on XRP — I don't buy more, but I don't sell either.
muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:09:30 PM

Why would they do that? Usually founders of projects are not benefitting from pump and dump of their own coins so it's not likely that tihs will happen in such a big project. It's more likely that they slow sell to get their money and buy when it's low because they believe in it.

To the OP: I would suggest other projects for quick gains or bigger risk/reward-ratio. If you are not going to daytrade and want little risk but definitely reward in the long run - just don't look back on your investment in XRP for the next 6 to 12 months and keep it hodling.

Yes they can do it for they own reason and that's reason may be different with other investors. Smiley
But im think it may be  good invest idea for long time too. Yes - for at least 0,5  or 1 year

angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:28:18 PM

It has been quite clear to me that XRP is nothing more than an altcoin whose only objective is mere speculation, so I would not use it as a long-term investment, but as a means to obtain some profits that help me invest in other more valuable cryptos. If you have already obtained enough profits, it would not be a bad idea to dump them for other altcoins, although after this severe fall it may be convenient to hold them a little more.
herecomesjohnny

Activity: 156
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:38:31 PM

Right now the Ripple has the good standings on the market and it will for sure get back to the status before the correction and even double the price it had on its highest position. I would recommend for holding it a little bit more till it reaches 5$. After that, I would trade it for the Ethereum because it is closest to the stability that the coin can get. The future for the Ripple is unpredictable because high amounts that the developers are holding. That unlimited amounts can cause big fluctuations that can end badly in the end. Right now the investment can bring you the profit but the holding is not recommended on the long term.
faaty

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:45:19 AM

I would definitely not hold XRP at the moment. Just look at the chart, it made the same again in May 2017. Price increased huge , and XRP Ripple started altcoin bull season at that time. Most of the people were excited, and also me, invested in that coin and gained a lot. After some days, its price started decreasing and most people had to hold it for six months. Now it is a very good time to sell and take profit if you gained, believe me there a lot of coins out there which will be increased. It is so simple, buy low sell high. Ripple price is high now so you should sell.
mariayaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:49:05 AM

No, I am keeping XRP since i don't hold much of them. XRP may reach good market cap in coming months its still too early to predict about any coin in first month of a year.

✦✦✦✦✦  ☸ SECURE - FAST - FAIR ☸  ✦✦✦✦✦   (https://www.bitgame.com/?trackCode=BITCOINTALK)
Hy1085

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:49:50 AM

I am not holding it, but I might buy some in a lower dip.
frankly, I personally prefer stellar lumen, since stellar has a smaller and more stable supply. Due to ripple's escrow, in about 3-5 years its supply is going to increase, and almost triple the current supply
afni21041506

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 06:54:06 AM

in my country any issue that xrp make project with one of the greatest bank here. to building atm woth ripplr as a payment gateway. so
i refer to hold xlm  for future
anggriani

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:58:55 AM

Hold on to your assets, do not be affected by anyone and other bad news. You can buy stellar without having to sell ripple. Both are good and have potential in the future.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:01:51 AM

why'd some people still have a faith on a centralized bankers coins, I really have no idea. Actually, I have been making some pretty good profit with Ripple only for a short-term, I never touch it for the long term. cause I believe the real one who profiting so much is the bankers.
andor.gellenhidi

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:03:28 AM

Since I am not a supporter of this project, I would, of course, if I had a good opportunity, would have long ago drained these coins, because I do not understand the Ripple project and I also advise you to do this, because the project does not enjoy the necessary trust from the community, and its price is regulated banks, that's the whole story
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:14:24 AM

You should diversify for sure. Take a look at Cardano (ADA), definitely a good coin to hold in 2018. It's pretty good entry point atm.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: