Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:42:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about Tether?  (Read 495 times)
Predator47 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:36:07 PM

Many people use  The Tether[USDT] as there Safe ´´Wallet´´ so they Purchase it and Tether always keeps up the Same Price as you can see it doesnt really went down since 6 Months
My Question about it Do you use Tether to?
sorrysteve1

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:32:47 PM

Many people use  The Tether[USDT] as there Safe ´´Wallet´´ so they Purchase it and Tether always keeps up the Same Price as you can see it doesnt really went down since 6 Months

I rarely use tether but would do in such a scenario as you described, only short term though. Long term tether is not backed by anything and if there is a run on it then it can easily drop below a 1:1 ratio with usd.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:36:24 PM

I've used tether as there is a case about such a manipulation by the developers about the tether's total supply. But tether is very good place to secure your amount for short term and i'm not giving any recommendation to keep it for long term in tether form. Rather than put all of them in trader and fiat looks better than it. 

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:40:37 PM

Its not like we have a choice since most of exhanges dont work with real money,imo tether was first created as a way for exchanges to buy pass money laundering laws and as a way to get on us crypto market but now usdt creators realised that they have the power to influence in wich direction will market move buy puttin out more usdt if needed for pump
thompshma

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:53:52 PM

It was a really great way to sell and get "out" without going into fiat subjecting your gains to taxes.

Now that is not so much the case anymore as us in the US are being taxed for exchanging within crypto.
senaslopre

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 06:22:58 AM

For me, the Tether currency has been in place for 6-9 months already, I do not see any reason to take it even though it is in the top 10. There are much better crypts. Take a closer look at others.
Dvd1989

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 01:32:32 PM

Stable coins are popular now but watch what happens during the next bull run. Who would chose to hold an asset that doesn't change when you can have something like BTC increasing value.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1667

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 02:53:54 PM

Obviously tether is peg to USD that's why you won't see it the price fall significantly, is 1:1 as far as I know.

Other's used it to hedge when bitcoin price started to go down or have some wild swing. But I personally don't leverage my bitcoins to tether, there's so many doubts like the currency reserve to back all it has in circulation. Also, the fee's are too high, which doesn't sit with most crypto traders.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:07:19 PM

I do use it, primarily when the markets are dropping, but I would only ever use it short-term.
It is easy to make the mistake of thinking that Tether is the same as US$. It isn't, and it has obviously had some trouble in maintaining the dollar peg - please do not consider it a safe haven; it is still crypto! There are always questions about how much actual $ they have in reserve to support the price, and it is still not really resolved.

wongdeso

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:47:03 PM

I haven't tried tether, it looks stable and paid. The path of USDT does have a movement that is not too sharp so the risk is not alarming. Market capitalization can bring it to position 7 and there are still many who are interested.
HODL2090

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:57:34 PM

Many people use  The Tether[USDT] as there Safe ´´Wallet´´

Fiat offers price security as the value barely fluctuates and does so around a very limited range.
Tether is useful for transferring funds to someone through the blockchain as it ensures the value as when sent is the same when received.
But for long term use I would rather hold some other cryptocurrencies.
Genkotsu

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:04:16 PM

i never used tether because the stablecoin, in trading i want make more profit not just store my fund in stable coin like tether thats why i never used stablecoin

CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:13:40 PM

I don't, i consider the fact that tether is centralized currency and the team has control over all of tether and tether blockchain. The team can freeze your money anytime.
It's a centralized token. And tether is lack of transparency about the how much-reserved funds backed each tether.

|
|

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:17:14 PM

Tether is there so you can trade BTC/USDT. Its a safe pair to trade when btc rise, you can dump it to tether and then buy back when the price dip again. Its what its use for and its pegged to USD. Why would you hold tether? Of course you can hold it but you should really be buying coins with it to profit.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:54:07 PM

Sometimes when I see the price going down I use Tether to save my money, you might to see the Tether price because have a stable movement even though the prices of bitcoin and altcoins have decreased. And maybe most investors have the same way to save money in Thether when the crypto currency prices decline.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 05:43:07 PM

In short, it's not perfect but for now it's the best we've got.

What we really need is some facility for quick cheap transfer back and forth between actual fiat and crypto.
sky_Gritzz

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 06:16:12 PM

In short, it's not perfect but for now it's the best we've got.

What we really need is some facility for quick cheap transfer back and forth between actual fiat and crypto.
yes of course, trade in Tether is profitable when any event in bitcoin ex : bitcoin dumping we can buy in tether like condition now i'm holding tether for buyback bitcoin when bitcoin price drop again, and i'm still waiting this moment

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 09:22:04 PM

I think best time to get in tether was when btc price was at the highest level and now was time to reenter in btc or eth with all that tether, for now only expert traders should use it to make profit, traders who are 24/7 active and know how to swap and profit between btc and tether.

masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 09:33:24 PM

I rarely use tether but would do in such a scenario as you described, only short term though. Long term tether is not backed by anything and if there is a run on it then it can easily drop below a 1:1 ratio with usd.

This is exactly why I'm NOT using Tether. It's far away from 1:1 with USD.
Even current ratio 1.02 to 1 and I've been watching it in past 3 month varying from 0.97 to 1.03. For somebody those 6% maybe sound like a stable coin, but not to me. It's affecting my trades badly.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 10:26:25 PM

Many people use  The Tether[USDT] as there Safe ´´Wallet´´ so they Purchase it
Tether isn't a wallet, you should use as a way to save the value of the crypto that will be exchanged to that stable coin.
and Tether always keeps up the Same Price as you can see it doesnt really went down since 6 Months
Because it is a stablecoin.
No.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: