Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:59:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to get involved with bitcoin  (Read 140 times)
drinkwater (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:06:19 PM

Hi everyone

Reading and hearing the recent news about bitcoin I decided that I should get involved into it. I simply have no clue where to start. After searching in google I ended up here and hope to get my answer from someone.

Regards
Nathan

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
djmano

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:18:11 PM

It can be a bit overwhelming at first. I assume that you are interested in investing/purchasing bitcoin? Or were you just wanting to learn more about the underlying technology?

Here is a good link to the basics of bitcoin that isn't too technical: https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-bitcoin/
bitcoin_green

Activity: 58
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:39:15 PM

Start by learning about Bitcoin and the underlying blockchain technology. You can buy your first Bitcoin from Coinbase.com - buy in small at first. Having some will make you more aware of the market. Good luck, and remember it's all about learning!
Aireen2015

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:47:03 PM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 11:57:58 PM by Aireen2015

Hi everyone

Reading and hearing the recent news about bitcoin I decided that I should get involved into it. I simply have no clue where to start. After searching in google I ended up here and hope to get my answer from someone.

Regards
Nathan

I think you should follow a lot of discussion forums that discuss cryptocurrency. In the discussion forums can ask about something that is not yet known. And then, don't forget to read recent news that discuss bitcoin issues
Rafa2010

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:55:58 PM

It can be a bit overwhelming at first. I assume that you are interested in investing/purchasing bitcoin? Or were you just wanting to learn more about the underlying technology?

Here is a good link to the basics of bitcoin that isn't too technical: https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-bitcoin/

Probably the same as I experienced. I am trying to understand what bitcoin is, how it looks, how it works, and how it can be a virtual currency in commerce and finance. I started by asking friends who have been involved with cryptocurrency for a long time.
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 12:02:27 AM

Like another poster has stated, you should learn the underlying technology behind BTC which is Blockchain. You can download and read the White Paper that Satoshi Nakamoto wrote which explains it.

If your in the USA, the easiest way to purchase is with Coinbase. You can link your bank account and then transfer funds. They offer credit card payments, but the fees are much higher.  You can go to their exchange which is GDAX and execute a limit order for free.
zzHQzz

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:03:54 AM

I HIGHLY recommend you to start with ethereum instead.

That being said in general you want to:
0. Decide for yourself, WHY exactly you're going into this. Read about blockchain, about current state of crypto currencies. Read abour erc20 tokens, about projects with ICO's
1. Get a wallet (hardware or good software like myeitherwallet or Exodus (multicurrency). Get your wallet adress from here.
2. find a way to buy btc or eth or ltc or anything else with your fiat currency, deposit to your wallet adress. There are many ways, popular options are for example coinbase.com or localbitcoins.com, localethereum.com
3. register on exchanges (if you want), deposit funds from your wallet to the exchange. Withdrawal back when want to
Echo72

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:14:54 AM

To get involved with bitcoin or cryptocurrency, I think you should be confident with what you will face. you have to be familiar with bitcoin and crypto currency. Bitcoin is same as conventional currency.
Fajri1984

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:46:18 AM

To be able to engage and fully engage in bitcoin business requires sufficient and complete knowledge of the crypto currency. Not only know how to use it, but also must know how the work of the crypto currency.
LisaOrange

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:56:06 AM

Join Paxful school! They're a big community who helps out everyone regarding crypto!
ChotyDonat

Activity: 154
Merit: 34

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:25:14 AM

The first step is to be convinced in yourself that bitcoin is a future business. First the existence of bitcoin, many people are not convinced that bitcoin and other crypto currencies can be used as a means of payment and can be traded like dollars and other currencies.
testyourinvest

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 01:29:11 AM

Get answers on the basic questions and then move on to asking your own.

For beginner the most common questions are

This should get you started ; )
After that use the search bar or just browse the beginner forum for some questions that might appeal to you
MirandaGreen12

Activity: 131
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:22:33 AM

Get answers on the basic questions and then move on to asking your own.

For beginner the most common questions are

This should get you started ; )
After that use the search bar or just browse the beginner forum for some questions that might appeal to you

This is a very good quick guide. I can also recommend to check "Digital Gold" by Nathaniel Popper and "Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor's Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond" by Chris Burniske and Jack Tatar.

Also Bitcoinwiki is quite good to start
copypaper5

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:04:22 PM

just looking and listening for me is enough to know about this bitcoin, I think to be directly involved with this bitcoin should be directly handed themselves ..
the way we have to learn to those people who first know about this bitcoin. so we will be gradually step by step until we are fluent in this bitcoin adventure.
drinkwater (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:03:58 PM

Thank you all for your ideas but I find it overwhelming for me to do all that you have said. Isn't there a new less painful way to learn bitcoin like pdf books or video tutorials which will give me the basics before I venture even further ?
coasterridex

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:41:37 PM

as a fellow newbie on this community. i could suggest reading some articles about the origin of this Bitcoin/Crytocurrency then try to understand how the blockchain technology works and then after that you'll suddenly stumble on some other stuff like how to earn it for free/mine/trade etc. just do some research, try to roam around the forum. there's a lot of good stuff here which also an answer to every question you might have in the future. Good luck mate !
jctree

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:53:52 AM

Hi! I'm also having the same question and I wanted to learn also how to join several campaign.
AishaIvy

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:55:02 AM

There are three popular ways to acquire bitcoins. You can do it by accepting bitcoin payments, mining for bitcoins, or purchasing them on a bitcoin exchange. A.) Accepting bitcoin payments: The easiest way to get into bitcoin as an entrepreneur is to start accepting bitcoin payments through a merchant solution.
MariamSargsan0101

Activity: 96
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:08:16 AM

I wouldn't recommend you to think of Bitcoin as an investment unless you have the time and resources to treat it like the stock market. There is no guarantee you will ever make a profit from it and it’s important to be cautious with your money.
With that being said, many people do get rich from Bitcoin — it’s just not as easy as you think.

Most people who deal with Bitcoin do so because it’s an excellent digital payment option. But with so many merchants now accepting Bitcoin, it may seem “safe” to spend money with anyone who accepts it. There are no laws on how merchants accept Bitcoin and you should only buy from a store that is using a trusted payment gateway.

Check bitcoinwiki.org, there're plenty of useful info for beginners
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: