Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:32:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: I just found out my mining programs have been extoring me  (Read 266 times)
Digital Drug Lord (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:37:54 AM

I notice dips and stuff in my hash rates, so I asked on reddit and they said the drips are from who ever made the miner program put some code inside that is stealing % of my hash rates! I thought he was lying but I asked around and its true!

Where are the mining programs that wont steal my hash power?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sundownz

Activity: 714
Merit: 512

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 01:51:16 AM

I notice dips and stuff in my hash rates, so I asked on reddit and they said the drips are from who ever made the miner program put some code inside that is stealing % of my hash rates! I thought he was lying but I asked around and its true!

Most miners are "free" software... the people who write them get paid via a percentage of your hash power. Usually a very small & fair amount... IMHO.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
rem26

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:56:36 AM

If you don't like it, then either write your own, or recompile one that has open source and send the original author some coin. 

'digital drug lord' lol.

gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:21:09 AM

Stealing?  It's called a fucking developer fee.  Most of them are upfront about what percentage it is.  If you don't like it, write your own software.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Digital Drug Lord (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:34:58 AM

Most miners are "free" software... the people who write them get paid via a percentage of your hash power. Usually a very small & fair amount... IMHO.

they should just set a price and make us buy instead of taking  a little here and a little there that ends up being a huge chuck when you factor everything in

I guess there are no none extortion programs out?
gotminer

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:43:56 AM

It isn't here and there.  It is a set percentage.  Just like wallets charge you to move from your wallet to an exchange ... Set percentage or flat fee ... Just like maker and taker fees on the exchanges ... Set percentages ... Moving from an exchange to a wallet ... You get charged for it ... Set percentage or flat fee.  It's the cost of doing business.

It isn't extortion.  Do you think a developer is going to write software and give it away for free just for fun?  Lol.  Do you the people who run exchanges are doing it as a hobby?  It's a fucking business and businesses do it for profit.  People expect to get paid for their work. 

When you go to your job at McDonalds, do you go there and flip burgers for several hours a day just for fun?

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:51:32 AM

README.txt

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
gotminer

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:55:29 AM

WA-WA-WA ... Someone get the baby his bottle.

ica7000

Activity: 161

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:14:26 AM

Also remember that mining is essentially code making or code breaking.  Your rig is solving huge mathematical problems and there is a big random probability that your particular set of GPU's (or whatever) may not solve anything - this lowers your hash rate.

Also, your rig may have a solution to part of a block but your latency is 15ms slower than another rig closer to the node.  They get credit for the work done and you don't. 

Look at your hash rate over 24 hours.  It's changing all the time.  Sometimes your rigs are really lucky at solving problems and other times not so lucky.  This stuff will average out over days, weeks or months. 

Read up on random number generating with computers.  It would be a great place to start. 

And, most importantly,  you are creating a blockchain structure that is so reliable that you are making money.  Even at 80% efficiency, it's far better than flipping burgers and being treated like shit from some fast food middle manager failed high school quarterback.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 03:20:11 AM

if you use someone else's software; you are stuck with the functions of that software.

One of the downsides to using a 3rd party app and not one you compile yourself.

You should look up the definition of "extortion".  you have an option;  of your own choice/doing....

There are many apps that don't have devfee's built in.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:41:05 AM

Yes, for me it's a natural thing that software developers take a percentage of our hashes (DevFee). That's also a very small percentage. Without Dev software, who will connect to the miner's equipment and the pool equipment or the coin algorithm to be mined? Think of it as a sign of gratitude to them.
gotminer

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:45:46 AM

He's just a cry baby all the way around.  I've been reading other threads that he has started.  WA-WA ... They are extorting me ... WA-WA ... I can't get gpu's at a decent price ... WA-WA ... New Egg made me enter my credit card and now they are out of stock.  Jezzus Fucking Christ dude ... You should have already had a credit card on file with whoever you are wanting to buy gpu's from so once you get that email that they are in stock, you can get in and out quick. 

Digital Drug Lord (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:19:39 AM

Yes, for me it's a natural thing that software developers take a percentage of our hashes (DevFee). That's also a very small percentage. Without Dev software, who will connect to the miner's equipment and the pool equipment or the coin algorithm to be mined? Think of it as a sign of gratitude to them.

what is it 1% every hour of 24 hours is  24%a  day  thats basically like getting taxed by the government...\

24% of myt hashes and electricty the righteous DEV has been STEALING from me

not to mention we have to pay taxes 35%  now on your gains, in America at least.

so now 50 cents out of every dollar is being taken from me, this is barbaric
malthrax

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:27:45 AM

what is it 1% every hour of 24 hours is  24%a  day  thats basically like getting taxed by the government...\

not to mention we have to pay taxes 35%  now on your gains, in America at least.

you're a f*cking idiot.
gotminer

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:41:58 AM

what is it 1% every hour of 24 hours is  24%a  day  thats basically like getting taxed by the government...\

you're a f*cking idiot.

He's right.  You're not thinking about this correctly.  It's 1%, not 1% every hour.  If you mine $100USD worth of coin, they take $1 dollar out of that.  If they take 2%, they are getting $2 and you are getting $98 out of every $100.  Those are not the only fees you will pay on your way to cash out into USD, but you certainly are not thinking correctly at the moment.

geekcryptogal

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:17:09 AM

Also, your rig may have a solution to part of a block but your latency is 15ms slower than another rig closer to the node.  They get credit for the work done and you don't.  

Should I not be mining over my WIFI? I currently am.  Would I get a lot less latency with wired ethernet?  My ethernet router is 1 gbps, and my WIFI is ~72mbps.
gotminer

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:25:36 AM

Also, your rig may have a solution to part of a block but your latency is 15ms slower than another rig closer to the node.  They get credit for the work done and you don't.  

Should I not be mining over my WIFI? I currently am.  Would I get a lot less latency with wired ethernet?  My ethernet router is 1 gbps, and my WIFI is ~72mbps.

You'll get a lot more stability.  WIFI is dogshit.

jwarren81

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:35:42 AM

You need to go back to high school and learn some math; you're not doing it right.

Also, if you are paying 35% taxes in the US, you are either a millionaire with no write offs, deductions or expenses or someone in desperate need of a tax professional.  I'm thinking the latter, since you can't be a millionaire and not understand basic math and tax law.

what is it 1% every hour of 24 hours is  24%a  day  thats basically like getting taxed by the government...\

jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:06:57 AM

hey Dude, if you don't want to "pay" for DevFee. You can build your own software. In the USA, when you buy a drink, the price is included in the drink tax. When the drink runs out you throw it in the trash. then the bottle or cup of the drink is no longer useful. have you protested? In addition, this is a useful software for the mining process and generates dollars for you. Nothing is free in this world. Dead must also pay.
ica7000

Activity: 161

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:30:04 AM

Wifi set up correctly can be as fast as a router but if it isn't and it sounds like is far from as fast as your router then buy a 30 foot ethernet cable.  Wifi isn't dogshit for surfing the internet et.al, but when you need to lower your latency to the bare minimum then use the router.  

Like the restaurant business; the first three rules of connecting your rig to the mining pool should be:

LATENCY
LATENCY
LATENCY

(And yeah, I've jumped the OP but in this case - really?)
KougarLOB

Activity: 136
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:46:10 AM

-nofee 1

Solved.  Close and lock this thing.

1ER7JwEjpjQfm4qaTxy6EaNdNy8MqzP1pt  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: