Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 04:27:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which is the best 1080ti to buy? Im seeing all kinds and prices changing before  (Read 240 times)
Digital Drug Lord (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:44:46 AM

my eyes....

after long and hard research and conversations with people I have come to the conclusion, based on the stats, that the1080ti is the card im going to get. Now I see that there are so many of them, which one is the correct one to buy? I know there are difference because there price changes for each model, I see some with 2 fans, 3 fans, rear blowers...
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:48:56 AM

my eyes....

after long and hard research and conversations with people I have come to the conclusion, based on the stats, that the1080ti is the card im going to get. Now I see that there are so many of them, which one is the correct one to buy? I know there are difference because there price changes for each model, I see some with 2 fans, 3 fans, rear blowers...

List the ones that you see in stock that you can buy right now.  Personally I would rule out any that are above $850usd. 

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
oddity2505

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:22:39 AM

Price and availability now are more important than the design of particular cards. I would just rule out reference design cards since they are much hotter than those with aftermarket cooling systems. Of course if you go with more expensive models, like Asus Strix, Gigabyte Aorus or watercooled cards you'll get lower temperatures and slightly higher clocks.
ica7000

Activity: 161

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:27:03 AM

The best place to buy a Nvidia 1080ti is from Nvidia themselves.  They post them for sale randomly and they sell out very very quickly.  Just be patient and check from time to time.  $699 with warranty.  Can't go wrong. 

I mean very very quickly.  1070ti's sell out in minutes. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store/

Just be patient - everybody is trying to get them. 
Digital Drug Lord (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:31:42 AM

Price and availability now are more important than the design of particular cards. I would just rule out reference design cards since they are much hotter than those with aftermarket cooling systems. Of course if you go with more expensive models, like Asus Strix, Gigabyte Aorus or watercooled cards you'll get lower temperatures and slightly higher clocks.

new egg just made me enter my credit card information and sign up only to tell me they dont have it anymore... they are playing games.
I dont like that kind of business.

I guess in this market your really cant pick and choose, its what ever is out there, still dont want to over pay, but if im going pay I rather pay and pay for the best while im at it

Digital Drug Lord (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:33:59 AM

The best place to buy a Nvidia 1080ti is from Nvidia themselves.  They post them for sale randomly and they sell out very very quickly.  Just be patient and check from time to time.  $699 with warranty.  Can't go wrong. 

I mean very very quickly.  1070ti's sell out in minutes. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store/

Just be patient - everybody is trying to get them. 

some of these prices are crazy for the price of just the card that people are selling them for  you could get pcs with 1080 tis in them.
gotminer

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:42:14 AM

You just picked a bad time to get into gpu mining.  Now you will pay the price for it.  Even if that price is much higher than what I was paying back in November for higher end gpu's.  Or you just wait.  Maybe btc will go to 3k tomorrow and stay there for a year.  GPU stock will be replenlished everywhere in time and prices will come down, because no one will want to buy 6 at a time anymore ... Well people like you won't want to.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Neo-Geo

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 03:44:49 AM

This is my favorite 1080 Ti. It's all I've been ordering lately. EVGA had some in stock within the past hour, but was limit 1 per customer:
https://www.evga.com/articles/01123/evga-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-ftw3-hybrid/

I doubt there's a 1080 Ti that yields higher hash rates and runs cooler and quieter at stock/default settings.

And the good deals on eBay have been PCs w/ GPU(s). Last one I bought brings the cost down to half of retail after parting out the rest of the build. Example, I bought this one for $1500 by best offer: https://www.ebay.com/itm/i7-4790K-32GB-GTX1080ti-Gaming-Editing-PC/183004832100?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Yet this GPU alone has been selling for $1.5k to $1k at bottom on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=1080+ti+ftw3+hybrid&_sop=16

So one could say that GPU came with a free computer!
Digital Drug Lord (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:10:29 AM

This is my favorite 1080 Ti. It's all I've been ordering lately. EVGA had some in stock within the past hour, but was limit 1 per customer:

I doubt there's a 1080 Ti that yields higher hash rates and runs cooler and quieter at stock/default settings.

And the good deals on eBay have been PCs w/ GPU(s). Last one I bought brings the cost down to half of retail after parting out the rest of the build. Example, I bought this one for $1500 by best offer: https://www.ebay.com/itm/i7-4790K-32GB-GTX1080ti-Gaming-Editing-PC/183004832100?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Yet this GPU alone has been selling for $1.5k to $1k at bottom on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=1080+ti+ftw3+hybrid&_sop=16

so if I want one I have to keep checking the websites, like 50 times a day to see if the pop up for sale come up?  Well, looks like I will keep on clicking
gotminer

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:15:30 AM

so if I want one I have to keep checking the websites, like 50 times a day to see if the pop up for sale come up?  Well, looks like I will keep on clicking

No dude ... Pick the retailers you want to buy from ... Go to their sites and sign up for email notifications on the products you want to buy.  You'll get an email when they are in stock.  If you are fast enough, you'll actually be able to buy some.  I've bought 6 1070ti's and 6 1080ti's over the past few weeks and that was the only way I was able to do it.  You have to be fast though.  You need to do it as soon as they email you.  On those two orders that I'm talking about, they were out of stock within 45 minutes of the email coming in.

Digital Drug Lord (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:25:38 AM

No dude ... Pick the retailers you want to buy from ... Go to their sites and sign up for email notifications on the products you want to buy.  You'll get an email when they are in stock.  If you are fast enough, you'll actually be able to buy some.  I've bought 6 1070ti's and 6 1080ti's over the past few weeks and that was the only way I was able to do it.  You have to be fast though.  You need to do it as soon as they email you.  On those two orders that I'm talking about, they were out of stock within 45 minutes of the email coming in.
with my luck they will email me while im alseep and ill miss the boat
gotminer

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:34:51 AM

Well you might, but that's just the way it is right now.  Keep trying.  Manufacturers are not keeping up with demand.  They really had no way of knowing that there would be this kind of demand though, so it isn't like they could have been preparing for it.

bubbagump

Activity: 104
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:38:15 AM

The only real difference between the various models is how effective the coolers on them are and how loud they get.  Sure, some have better VRMs and other components, but as long as you keep temps in check, any of them will work just fine.  Just get the cheapest one you can get.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:39:43 AM

I'm a proponent of cards that run cool without having to crank the fans up to 80%+, which wears out the fans quickly. I'm a big fan of the tri-fan cards with good heatsinks like the MSI Duke, TRIO, ASUS STRIK and Zotac AMP Extreme. Cards that run cool overclock better and typically last longer. Cheaper cards usually skimp on good heatsinks and cooling. You won't regret paying more for cards with better cooling.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:30:27 AM

I'm a proponent of cards that run cool without having to crank the fans up to 80%+, which wears out the fans quickly. I'm a big fan of the tri-fan cards with good heatsinks like the MSI Duke, TRIO, ASUS STRIK and Zotac AMP Extreme. Cards that run cool overclock better and typically last longer. Cheaper cards usually skimp on good heatsinks and cooling. You won't regret paying more for cards with better cooling.

So true. The bigger the heatsink, the better it is.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 5759

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:04:20 AM

Too bad for you, any Brand of 1080ti you can find now is 2.5x more expensive than their prices last year.
Who did this? us GPU Miners.

Just choose the one with a reputable brand or direct from NVidia.
Not the one with "Big Fans" but the one with High Quality Components (including the Fan).

Take note that if you want to upgrade in the future, make sure that order those that got a Year or more Warranty.
It will be easier to re-sell them in the future to gamers and standard users.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
gamatt

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:04:51 AM

yeah, you are not alone.  I find it really hard to buy any good mining card for a fair price now.  everything is up buy $100-300 compared to a month ago. All the retailers I contacted were sold out.
Sisig123

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:05:52 AM

the Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC Edition  Smiley
gamatt

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:51:24 PM

How do you know whether a card has high quality components or not?  I heard the memory manufacturers
differ, but I don’t know which card has the beter brand of memory...  any tips?
gotminer

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 04:52:04 PM

You won't know until you get it.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: