Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:14:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [OVER] Riddles - Second edition - Solve them and harvest the loot!  (Read 11633 times)
BookLover

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

^Bitcoin Library of Congress.

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:26:20 PM

Wow nice riddles, I managed to solve the first one and find first two keys but I'm stuck on the second riddle.  When you ask for Mary Read's mark you are generalizing here as a pirate right?  Also, does the second riddle lead to what could be considered mature content?  I hope I just found a false lead and this is not the case. 

More hints for the second riddle please. Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kouye (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 07:34:44 PM

I managed to solve the first one and find first two keys but I'm stuck on the second riddle.
Congrats about the first one, it was the most "messy" one, next ones are hopefully a bit more elegant!

Also, does the second riddle lead to what could be considered mature content?
At least PG-13, for sure.
About your other questions, maybe you can try and exchange hints with people who already solved the 2nd one, but not the first?  Wink

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Voodah

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:17:30 PM

Wow nice riddles, I managed to solve the first one and find first two keys but I'm stuck on the second riddle.  When you ask for Mary Read's mark you are generalizing here as a pirate right?  Also, does the second riddle lead to what could be considered mature content?  I hope I just found a false lead and this is not the case. 

More hints for the second riddle please. Cheesy

Looks like you're onto something on the second one  Wink keep at it !

I gotta say though, I only got #2 because I had seen the user in question before. The answer to the riddle is not the name correctly spelled.

I still haven't figured out the first one though... something's up with all those words..

Btw, I think I have all keys, except the last one.. does it have a key as well?
Kouye (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 08:47:34 PM

Btw, I think I have all keys, except the last one.. does it have a key as well?
Keys are used to crack the next riddle. So... ? Wink

I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
BookLover

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 09:37:04 PM

Voodah, here's what I have on riddle #3, maybe you could help me with #2?

The 's', ':', '/', and '/' at the beginning of each line combine to create "s://", if you'll notice these letters appear in your address bar at the top of your web browser along with the word "index".  What remains is "http" and "bitcointalk".  "http" satisfies the requirement of having 't' as the second letter and is a username on this forum.  However if you search members for "bitcointalk" you can find a user named "btctalk" which also satisfies the letter requirement. 

My bet is on the username for riddle #3 is http, but I'm not sure about the key from #3.

Kouye (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:39:57 PM

The 's', ':', '/', and '/' at the beginning of each line combine to create "s://", if you'll notice these letters appear in your address bar at the top of your web browser along with the word "index".  What remains is "http" and "bitcointalk".  "http" satisfies the requirement of having 't' as the second letter and is a username on this forum.  However if you search members for "bitcointalk" you can find a user named "btctalk" which also satisfies the letter requirement. 

Any search engine could help you getting started on the next one!
Then, just follow the guide.
strictly focus on the key.
Space does not matter. Ignore it.
Stuff all that remain in the shaker, then enjoy your meal.

Find the word before looking into s://.

BookLover

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:42:00 AM

Taking a break from the 3rd to work on the 2nd.  The key from the second and and Zarathustra seem to lead to the prequel to Zarathustra, but I can't get any where from there as there is no mention of unfortunately wrecked or china.  (I still have no idea why "tra" is italicized.)

You are leading to Emily Dickinson's poem on the 3rd riddle, correct?

Voodah

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:10:41 PM

Taking a break from the 3rd to work on the 2nd.  The key from the second and and Zarathustra seem to lead to the prequel to Zarathustra, but I can't get any where from there as there is no mention of unfortunately wrecked or china.  (I still have no idea why "tra" is italicized.)

You are leading to Emily Dickinson's poem on the 3rd riddle, correct?

Heya,

You were right on your previous assumption that Mary Read's mark led to something "dirty". He's not refering to Nietzsche's book, but to the "book of love" instead !  Wink

And regarding riddle #3, yes ! He is sending us to Emily's poem. Once there, if you "strictly focus on the key", you'll find something...
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:19:02 PM

I have to admit, I've made no progress.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Kouye (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:35:14 PM

And regarding riddle #3, yes ! He is sending us to Emily's poem. Once there, if you "strictly focus on the key", you'll find something...
Does that mean you cracked #3 too?

Voodah

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:48:21 PM

Does that mean you cracked #3 too?

I'm not really sure..

I have my candidate answers for sure, but there's no way to know yet.

I think have #4 too but both the fruit hangman and the dizzy confirmation are throwing me off, so I guess not... Are you sure the confirmation for #4 is in #2 as well (just like #3?)
Voodah

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:50:18 PM

Also, I do not get #1  Smiley

Something about all those words with x.. but I just can't get it.

And the ears? OMG that's driving me crazy...

EDIT: Having lots of fun tho.. feel like quite the PI
Kouye (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:02:20 AM

I'm not really sure..

Then you have not, you can't possibly have any doubt after you solved #3. Smiley
If you have the word that frigate, shaker and previous key are offering, then just follow the instructions.

He's hiding somewhere around... Think out of in the box. That /index/ isn't helping.

meta.p02

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:32:05 AM

Okay, screw this. Where can I get a list of all BitcoinTalk users?

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
halfawake

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:59:22 AM

Okay, screw this. Where can I get a list of all BitcoinTalk users?

Look up.  Above the Bitcoin Forum breadcrumb, there is a series of buttons starting with "Home".  One of them says "Members".  Be warned: there are 5,554 pages and no way to list them all at once, so unless you have some idea of who it might be, it'll take you a while to dig through the list.  (There is a search function, however, so thus the unless.)

BTC: 13kJEpqhkW5MnQhWLvum7N5v8LbTAhzeWj
Sammey

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:32:23 PM

http://otcdb.us.to/tbz/?address=1A24qsRmLW9hedcx9xonMdo2iVs6MxcUqo

You could just use that to dynamically show how many BTC the prize is. Smiley
Kouye (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:01:15 PM

You could just use that to dynamically show how many BTC the prize is. Smiley

Excellent, thanks for the hint, and even more thanks to the anonymous guy who added 0.05 more!
I'll edit the first post.

BookLover

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:40:16 PM

#2:  I believe the book being referenced is "Art of Love"*, but I would prefer not to look into this due to the possibly mature content, so if someone could post the keywords for this riddle's username I would really appreciate it.

*The Italicized portion of Zarathustra is "art" spelled backwards and after you manipulate the previous key you get the word "sexes" which combine to indicate "Art of Love"

#3:  @OP I have the word this gives me:
strictly focus on the key.
Space does not matter. Ignore it.
Stuff all that remain in the shaker, then enjoy your meal.
but I can't figure out how it fits into this
s
:
/
/ He's hiding somewhere around... Think out of in the box. That /index/ isn't helping.
Could you give me a hint?

Kouye (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:47:14 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 11:05:47 PM by Kouye

Could you give me a hint?
You will need your keyboard to finish this one.php?

EDIT : About the book that might be needed for second riddle, make sure the date fits.
You don't have to read it, just extract what you need from it (which is totally safe regarding your fears, and provided you have the right book). Wink

Aruut

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:05:56 AM

I think I've got #1 and 2, but 3 is really throwing me:

Do we need to worry about zero-indexing with the poem?
Is there some sort of targeted search needed for the user?

Fun puzzles so far!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: