Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:30:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why forums for the most advanced technological advancement in our lives?  (Read 81 times)
steemthat (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 05:14:29 AM

The number one forum for Bitcoin is bitcointalk.org without a doubt. I'm sure it serves it's purpose and I'll catch a ton of grief for writing this post but I'm seriously trying to understand how after earning all of that money a simple antique forum is still the hottest thing since sliced bread. The blockchain technology that is disrupting the world and the most popular site is an old timey forum. It kinda cracks me up.

What Makes It So Popular?

Is it nostalgia because this is kinda where it all happened?
Is it so popular because it is simple and clean?
What is the allure of forums in general?
There are businesses that will not even talk with you unless you are on bitcointalk.org. Why is being here so important? Huh

I can say one thing that I absolutely love about it. There are so far no crazy dings and dong noises like on discord. Those noises make me want to punch someone. "Why the hostility"? you might ask. Because everyone always wants me to chat with them there and the noises while waiting around annoys me as I'm trying to get work done. Ding every few seconds isn't the music I like to listen to.  Smiley

I'm hoping you all have kept it this way for the nostalgia. That would be awesome.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: