Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:44:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized Bitcoin News Network  (Read 123 times)
krishnapramod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:57:16 AM

I don't know whether this idea has been pitched before. I think with all the Bitcoin FUD and misinformation being circulated by media outlets, both global and local, there is a necessity for a decentralized Bitcoin news network. Even the existing so called "Bitcoin News Networks" apart from promoting scam ICOs, ponzi schemes, paid promotions, do once in a while tend to come up with fake news to just get some visitors. A news network centered only around Bitcoin events, global news, and developments. Bitcoin being a global network, apart from prominent personalities, users/miners/writers/bloggers/analysts, there is a worldwide network of people that can help to an extent verify whether a local news is legit or fake, I guess what they lack is a platform. Twitter is one, at the time of China FUD and now South Korea, Charlie Lee and Joseph Young made some tweets to clear fact from FUD, but again it's not necessary that all Bitcoin users would be following them, same with other resources, but if there is an official Bitcoin news network, I think things might be different. I don't have much of an idea how this could be implemented, but if this concept makes some sense, suggestions are welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6120

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:15:42 AM

A decentralized network should allow everyone to be able to join and write, right? If that's the case, how are you supposed to keep FUD away? It would make more sense to create a token and make people pay a fee for posting, that should somehow stop spam and nonsense but again, If it happen that someone have useful info but no money to buy the token, he won't be able to share it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
krishnapramod (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1078

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:24:40 AM

A decentralized network should allow everyone to be able to join and write, right? If that's the case, how are you supposed to keep FUD away? It would make more sense to create a token and make people pay a fee for posting, that should somehow stop spam and nonsense but again, If it happen that someone have useful info but no money to buy the token, he won't be able to share it.

Yeah, keeping FUD away and tokens, making people pay a fee for sharing information doesn't make sense. There is a Blockchain project on decentralized crowdsourced encyclopedia/Wikipedia, based on contributor/peer-reviewer economic model, something like Steem, but I don't think this model would be good for a project centered around sharing accurate/factual information regarding latest Bitcoin events. Content reviewers can decide what to publish to keep away spam/FUD, but it shouldn't lead to censorship, more of a consensus. Rather than being heavily incentive driven which could lead to spam or poor quality information being shared, it should be more of a community driven effort to keep the ecosystem intact from not getting manipulated/influenced by FUD through providing a factual reliable up-to-date source of information.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 909

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:49:58 PM

We should make a system that gathers all the news articles about the crypto industry and then,it separates the fake news from the real verified news.Unfortunately,such system can`t be automated,so we would need lots of people to research and analyze lots of information coming from all the crypto news blogs,forums and social media accounts.Those people will receive rewards for their work,but i don`t know how to make such system blockchain-based.

Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:18:42 PM

I don't know whether this idea has been pitched before. I think with all the Bitcoin FUD and misinformation being circulated by media outlets, both global and local, there is a necessity for a decentralized Bitcoin news network. Even the existing so called "Bitcoin News Networks" apart from promoting scam ICOs, ponzi schemes, paid promotions, do once in a while tend to come up with fake news to just get some visitors. A news network centered only around Bitcoin events, global news, and developments. Bitcoin being a global network, apart from prominent personalities, users/miners/writers/bloggers/analysts, there is a worldwide network of people that can help to an extent verify whether a local news is legit or fake, I guess what they lack is a platform. Twitter is one, at the time of China FUD and now South Korea, Charlie Lee and Joseph Young made some tweets to clear fact from FUD, but again it's not necessary that all Bitcoin users would be following them, same with other resources, but if there is an official Bitcoin news network, I think things might be different. I don't have much of an idea how this could be implemented, but if this concept makes some sense, suggestions are welcome.

I absolutely support such an idea. Also I want to put attention of the community to the vast influence of "fake" news or artifical news on the prices in crypto-market. Our sphere and our market is in a strong demand of independent and trustful sources of information.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: