Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:37:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does investing make any since?  (Read 572 times)
tagged (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:35:51 PM

So I have been buying Bitcoin for a few months, when they are up I sell, and I pick up more when price drops. I have been mining Digicoin and BBQCoin for several months, and have traded in and out of them as well with their fluctuations.

Recently both of those coins have seen significant drops in price, they seemed like good bargains so I have been buying them up, as with MEC.

Are there too many alt coins out there now for any of these 3 to have a chance to get values similar to feather coin? I'm very smart if I keep buying and they break thru and make it. I'm an idiot if they continue to drop and I'm the only one buying them up.

Last, all three of these coins have been as high and double or triple their current values, and seem to be hot or avoided based on nothing. Where can I read news on some alt coins to get a feel or what temporarily moves the prices up or down? This sub thread for alt coins is way too noisy to meaningfully follow much news.

Thanks all! And for now let me keep buying your coins cheap! I have about 15BTC worth of these three, and have budgeted about  another 15 BTC to buy.

Tagged
bitcoin44me

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 04:58:56 PM

Investing is really risky and you should not invest more than you can lose....
(obvious)

lonesoul

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:15:25 PM

Before i start, you have more BTC already tied up then i currently have all together (I only have 2.25btc atm so im a small fish by everyones standards) but i have played with shares and speculated on them with out a whole lot of info, some paid off, others really didnt ;-)

So if i was in your shoes, I would be splitting the remaining 15 between some other coins.

I wouldnt want to give any names up because I dont know enough about any particular one to say its good or not, But if you stick 1 BTC in 15 different coins you might find yourself sitting on a small fortune before you know it, For instances over the last 2 days I have turned 0.79 BTC into 2.25 trading the LTC alt coin market on Cryptsy, there seems to be a group of people which publicly announce a coin which is about to be pumped and then suddenly everyone starts buying up the coin and before you know it its risen 50-200% in a blink of an eye.

Its a fun game to play if you enjoy a bit of a gamble (I find the best way to play is to get in and out very quickly, don't chase the super profit margins or listen to the expected "target price" that get mentioned in the chat because normally its not met (at least not in the very short term) but it is very easy to turn a quick 10-20% profit in no time at all (I tend to sell enough to cover my buy-in and then chase the higher margin with the freebie coins left over, its fun trying to get right at the tipping point before every sells)

the coins i have been playing with and seem to have interest at the moment are IFC/GME/GDC/GLD  all of which can be found in the LTC market on Cryptsy.com

I hope you do really well and turn a good profit :-)  (sorry i couldnt be more help, but was waiting for the mrs to get home so really im just filling some time lol )

All the best

Stuart

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
bob131313

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:34:12 PM

Just repeat the following:

Past performance does not predict future performance

naphto

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:57:56 PM

Just repeat the following:

But still better than nothing :
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:01:26 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2013, 07:12:35 PM by Singlebyte

First off, just about all the alt coins are pure garbage.  A few make money, but most get taken to the cleaners on these pump-N-dump pyramids.

If you had invested in btc over the last month you would be up over 25% so far.  And it is only going to keep increasing over time.

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg30ztgCzm1g10zm2g25zi4gPerformancezvzp

My advice....stay away from all the script kiddies creating worthless garbage at this time.  Allthough one or two might break out (like litecoin) you are risking a lot by gambling on them.  I expect BTC to be back to $150 or more in the very near future.

Investing makes sense when you do it wisely.

Thats my 2 cents.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: