Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:01:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: is Mining worth?  (Read 185 times)
crypto-chathu (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:12:24 AM

is altcoin or bitcoin mining worth than the trading in these days?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6120

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:49:34 AM

If you have low cost (or free) electricity, a lot of money to invest then going with mining bitcoin could be a wise decision otherwise, you should stick with trading.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
KungFuShako

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:05:59 AM

If you have low cost (or free) electricity, a lot of money to invest then going with mining bitcoin could be a wise decision otherwise, you should stick with trading.
Hello, here electricity costs 0.06$ is that worth to start mining with 10K$?
themaxx

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:10:27 AM

Plug your numbers into a bitcoin mining calculator

Binance Account - Get 10% discount on fees!
Don't you have a Binance account yet?
Register using this referral link and get a 10% discount on fees for all your trades!
r00tmachine

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 10:01:00 AM

altcoins can be- especially ASIC resistant coins, like Ethereum which has been the biggest driver in the GPU shortage as of late. But as others have said- it's about the cost vs value equation, and that boils down to cost of your power, hashrate and the value of the coin.
cry4crypto

Activity: 140
Merit: 35

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:03:24 AM

$0.06 electircity is cheap. However, with a $10K budget you might want to look into GPU mining instead & just mine whatever altcoin is most profitable, then sell for BTC.
lucario21

Activity: 146
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:54:02 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2018, 02:32:38 PM by lucario21

No it's not I'd rather go onto trading over mining, it takes alot of time while you only get a low profit on it. Even using different faucet and referrals your earnings are lesser compare in trading.

(((   BIDIUM.io   )))    ICO ACTIVE
█████████  JOIN NOW!  █████████
AstaYuno

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:53:15 PM

Yes. Mining profit has been increasing from end of 2017 to 2018.
skymia

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 08:01:54 PM

Depending on the types of coin... Some algorithm are better slated for different equipments... Asics, GPU...

Discordapp.com/invite/fQcYvkh ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤ Folding@Home ❤ MEDIC coin
bitzzz

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 12:07:18 AM

When I enter this blockchain, I tried to lean about mining. However, I looked at others' post which told me the story that their investment is much more profitable than the mining they did. Thus, I gave up. For one reason, it take more time and efforts to take care of mining. For another, it is not very secure since as I know in china these days is policy news that the mining is restricted and some big mining owner is forced to move to other countries. At last, it is not very profitable now because the profit is very sensitive to the price of electricity. If the elect price is a little higher you are going to lose. And, the advantage is belong to the big miner which has cooperation or good deal with local government.
N0One

Activity: 48
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:17:07 AM

I have been mining BTX (bitecore) with a single 1080 GPU with a average of $2.50-3/day of payout and about $0.80/ day of power usage. I already had the card for gamaing and simply have it mine when I'm not using the computer. I won't retire on that, but for nearly 0 effort, I net about $500/yr in straight return, and then since I am holding, there is the growth factor should it happen as I expect.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1617862)
breadginger56

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:44:53 AM

What kind of mining by the way? Through cloud or GPU/CPU mining? I prefer GPU/CPU mining most of the time because Cloud Mining is not so profitable, but in this current situation the GPUs are going short on stocks because of rapid increase in demand in buying GPUs which also causes to increase its price. So maybe your ROI will be much longer to take due to your expenses like electricity and maintenance. Unless you have free energy like a wind farm or solar panel station which can help you mine in true value without expending much resources.
2gether

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

http://2gether.global

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:19:10 AM

I think it entirely depends on what you are mining, your hardware capability, hashrate and energy cost.

2gether, Finance Powered By The People!
jelbert1351

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:23:15 PM

In my honest
Opinion about mining bitcoins is that,
Mining cryptocurrency seems like a no-brainer. Set up a computer to help solve complex math puzzles and you are rewarded with a coin (or a fraction of a coin). Back in the day, the first bitcoin miners were able to earn coins relatively quickly just using what computing power they had in their homes.

Today, cryptocurrency mining is a little more complicated and involved. With bitcoin, the reward is halved every four years. On top of that, serious miners have built huge arrays to mine, making it harder for smaller miners to compete. You can join a bitcoin mining pool to be more effective, but that comes with a fee, reducing your profits.

Some crypto miners instead opt for other currencies. It’s possible to mine ether, litecoin, monero, z-cash, and a number of other cryptocurrencies.
Mining ethereum maybe a go.

bitcoin_green

Activity: 58
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

It really depends. Nowadays, there's so many forms of mining. With mining you must consider the payback period and longevity of the project you are working on. If you can recoup your cost in coins quickly enough, then it is pure profit. There are better ways to do it than proof-of-work mining, too!  Wink
cococryptobtc

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:28:17 PM

I have been looking into mining but it seems that getting the graphics cards is becoming a real issue. I hope some of these supply problems get fixed so i can buy some.
AstaYuno

Activity: 98

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 03:41:54 PM

It depends on how good you are at trading.
If you are moderate to low then probably mining is better.
Since you get low risk for a fix rate of coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: