Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:21:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XMR Stak miner 2.2.0 with colorscheme, inline shares + total hasrate, 0% dev fee  (Read 2278 times)
onionpealer

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:08:40 AM

Does anyone have a configuration for a R9-270x 4GB card (I've disabled the CPU mining).

I've been testing xmr-stak on this card (tests with no overclocking, for now) but I've not been able to get more than 398 h/s out of it, but with Claymore's Cryptonight miner I can get 437 h/s.
I've changed the all the parameters I can find, "use_slow_memory", "intensity", "strided_index" and "worksize", increased them, decreased them enabled them disabled them, but I still can't get anywhere near Claymore's speed.

Set Ready Go

Activity: 273
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:42:31 PM

Does anyone have a configuration for a R9-270x 4GB card (I've disabled the CPU mining).

I've been testing xmr-stak on this card (tests with no overclocking, for now) but I've not been able to get more than 398 h/s out of it, but with Claymore's Cryptonight miner I can get 437 h/s.
I've changed the all the parameters I can find, "use_slow_memory", "intensity", "strided_index" and "worksize", increased them, decreased them enabled them disabled them, but I still can't get anywhere near Claymore's speed.

Yea so if you could try again but set 2 threads for the 1 gpu.

example:

"gpu_threads_conf" : [
    { "index" : 0, "intensity" : 1932, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : 1, "strided_index" : true },
    { "index" : 0, "intensity" : 1932, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : 1, "strided_index" : true },

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Set intensity @ 396 for both cards.

you can also try these settings:

INTENSITY: 804, WORKSIZE: 7, STRIDED_INDEX: FALSE
onionpealer

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:47:51 PM

Yea so if you could try again but set 2 threads for the 1 gpu.

example:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Set intensity @ 396 for both cards.

you can also try these settings:

INTENSITY: 804, WORKSIZE: 7, STRIDED_INDEX: FALSE

Thanks for the tips, I've tried yet more combinations of settings without any luck.
The R9-270x does not like 2 threads (at least the R9-270's I've tested, and with other miners) and crashes the video drivers. The best I've managed to get on xmr-stak (without overclocking) is 400 h/s, guess I'll have to live with this.

I'm trying to get xmr-stak to work as the small 3 card rig I have (two R9-270x's and one RX470) will not work with sgminer and Claymore is a bit unstable, other bigger rigs I've built (with RX480/RX580 cards) have had no such problems.. I'm still working on it.

I'm testing xmr-stak on my 'main' PC with only a single R9-270x, running Windows 7 x64, the 3 card rig runs Windows 10 pro x64.
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:05:26 AM

I have a mixed rig with 3rx 550 2GB, 3rx570 and 2GTX 1050

Can I use XMR STAK to mine only with the Rx 550 and not using the RX 570 ?
Duykhang

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:56:12 PM

Hey, just wanted to say that I really appreciate your work. Your commits are very nice!
Did you plan to merge them with the current dev branch of xmr stak? They added very good features such as opencl cache which reduced load time of my 8xVega from 2:30 to 15s and +20h/s overall with memchunk
onionpealer

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:22:08 PM

I have a mixed rig with 3rx 550 2GB, 3rx570 and 2GTX 1050

Can I use XMR STAK to mine only with the Rx 550 and not using the RX 570 ?

Yes you can. Like other mining programs there is an option to specify which cards you want to use with the miner. In the "amd.txt" file use following.

Code:
    { "index" : 0, "intensity" : 512, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : 0, "strided_index" : true },
],

As you have 3 cards you may need to do a bit of testing to find out which index the RX550 belongs to, so if it is index 1 or 2 then change the index of 0 above to a 1 or a 2, the other 2 card will then not mine.
(set other parameters to your preference).

To mine with all 3 use.

Code:
    { "index" : 0, "intensity" : 512, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : 0, "strided_index" : true },
    { "index" : 1, "intensity" : 512, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : 0, "strided_index" : true },
    { "index" : 2, "intensity" : 512, "worksize" : 8, "affine_to_cpu" : 0, "strided_index" : true },
],

Note: I have run multiple instances of different versions of Claymore, at the same time, and found that each version identifies the index number of the card differently, i.e. version 9.7 says card 1 is "index 0" but version 10.0 says card 1 is "index 1". So bear this in mind if you decide to use Claymore with the other cards as there may be a conflict of index numbers.

skablast

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:20:26 PM

yes, you were right. Its working.

I can confirm that Claymore,Xmrstak,Overdrive use different way of indexing..

Now I have just to find the right timing straps for cryptonight for the Rx550 and I will not it

onionpealer

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:40:58 AM

yes, you were right. Its working.

I can confirm that Claymore,Xmrstak,Overdrive use different way of indexing..

Now I have just to find the right timing straps for cryptonight for the Rx550 and I will not it

I don't know if this will help but it may be worth giving it a go, at least the guys on the forum are more than eager to help with BIOS mods, if they can.
https://anorak.tech/t/sapphire-rx-550-4g-pulse-bios-requst/64740
whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:51:02 AM

• The original XMR Stak miner 2.2.0 but now with 0.0% dev fee
  • Colored output
  • After a share is submitted you see the total amount of shares + percent of good shares
  • After a share is submitted you see the total hashrate

So, I've been using the normal xmr-stak 2.2.0 for a long time now. I tried this out. I get about 40-50 more H/s on my Ryzen than before. If you didn't change any of that, why do I get a better hash rate?
skablast

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:51:50 PM

Its simply recompiled and removed the fees, Hidden and not
dmcx

Activity: 348
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:55:19 AM

@whoismoses: you are not paying fees anymore Wink

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
Crate Mayne

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:32:09 AM

Any chance you'll be pushing an "update" out once the new XMR coding is released and Stak gets updated? Grown to really like your customizations + I'm not smart enough to successfully compile it myself without some errors being spit out haha Smiley
MaxMidnite

Activity: 137

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 10:19:59 AM

Any updates planned for this miner?

EDIT: I spoke to soon:

±New Release: https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases
andnet

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 06:46:45 PM

+++ need update
McMCrypto

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 06:51:01 PM

Hi guys  what its the config / parameter in command line  for apply  the "intensity" ?  in SMOS

xmr-stak-v2.4.1-cuda8   

Code:
--currency monero7 -o stratum+tcp://[POOL:PORT] -u [WALLET] -p [WORKER]
   Huh

I dont figure out how apply Intensity  for getting 800 - 900 H/s with RX570
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 07:06:32 PM

Hi guys  what its the config / parameter in command line  for apply  the "intensity" ?  in SMOS

xmr-stak-v2.4.1-cuda8   

Wrong thread - this is for a fork of xmr-stak that was compiled without the devfee and with colored text output and it has not been updated for the new Monero algo.

Zenitur

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:21:34 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2018, 04:56:39 AM by Zenitur

Hello guys. It that official thread? I want to make an official binaries for Linux. Or provide my VM image for maintainers.

This is my build of the Master GIT made few days ago. No source modifications. Minimal system requirements: Linux x86_64, Glibc 2.11+ (Ubuntu 10.04+, Debian 6+, CentOS 6+, openSUSE 11.3+), optional: NVIDIA 375.xx driver or newer, Catalyst or AMDGPU driver (it was linked with FreeOCL library that's supporting OpenCL 1.2).

There is a "deps" directory with libstdc++ from GCC5, libnuma and libhwloc. I need to write a Readme file with the instructions how to bind them if needed. I don't enable HTTP daemon and OpenSSL support for this build.

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=deps ./xmr-stak --help

My test results:

Intel CPU: Good (like wolf9466 & LucasJones miner and xmrig)
AMD CPU: bad (wolf9466 miner and xmrig shows 415 h/s on my AMD FX 8350, xmr-stak shows 223 h/s)
NVIDIA GPU: Perfect (ccminer shows 30 h/s on my notebook's GPU, however xmr-stak sowhws 122 h/s)
AMD GPU: Medium (sgminer-gm 5.5.6 pre-release started with -monero option shows 690-712 h/s on my non-overclocked Radeon R9 R290, however xmr-stak shows 640 h/s)
CryptCrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 10:25:37 PM

Hello guys. It that official thread? I want to make an official binaries for Linux. Or provide my VM image for maintainers.

This is my build of the Master GIT made few days ago. No source modifications. Minimal system requirements: Linux x86_64, Glibc 2.11+ (Ubuntu 10.04+, Debian 6+, CentOS 6+, openSUSE 11.3+), optional: NVIDIA 375.xx driver or newer, Catalyst or AMDGPU driver (it was linked with FreeOCL library that's supporting OpenCL 1.2).

There is a "deps" directory with libstdc++ from GCC5, libnuma and libhwloc. I need to write a Readme file with the instructions how to bind them if needed. I don't enable HTTP daemon and OpenSSL support for this build.

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=deps ./xmr-stak --help

My test results:

Intel CPU: Good (like wolf9466 & LucasJones miner and xmrig)
AMD CPU: bad (wolf9466 miner and xmrig shows 415 h/s on my AMD FX 8350, xmr-stak shows 223 h/s)
NVIDIA GPU: Perfect (ccminer shows 30 h/s on my notebook's GPU, however xmr-stak sowhws 122 h/s)
AMD GPU: Medium (sgminer-gm 5.5.6 pre-release started with -monero option shows 690-712 h/s on my non-overclocked Radeon R9 R290, however xmr-stak shows 640 h/s)

Fair findings.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: