Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:57:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinchat is a dictatorship  (Read 1423 times)
cashnews (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:36:29 PM

I was really suprised I got banned today @ coinchat. Just because I am a member of another chatsite, I got banned. I didn't do anything wrong, never spammed or trolled. I was polite to everybody - but still I got banned.

Read yourself:

http://www.bitbin.it/bdqWWoJD  Sorry, for my bad grammar, but I was a little suprised and upset and I am not a native speaker.

I think nobody should tell somebody which site he is allowed to visit or how to use the internet. This only happens in a dictatorship...

Thomas
naphto

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:40:50 PM

I don't know anything about the story but if you don't like the website, just leave it.
If you got banned, chill out, and deal with it. Either wait or leave it.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2120

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:42:53 PM

cc is useless site. They also have a lot of scammers.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
weirdthall

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:43:34 PM

Sadly, you are not the only one, cashnews Sad
Northwave

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:45:48 PM

When will I probably banned Cheesy
naphto

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:48:50 PM

You might not be the only one, but who cares?!
TmottaDing

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:50:06 PM

I was really suprised I got banned today @ coinchat. Just because I am a member of another chatsite, I got banned. I didn't do anything wrong, never spammed or trolled. I was polite to everybody - but still I got banned.

Read yourself:

http://www.bitbin.it/bdqWWoJD  Sorry, for my bad grammar, but I was a little suprised and upset and I am not a native speaker.

I think nobody should tell somebody which site he is allowed to visit or how to use the internet. This only happens in a dictatorship...

Thomas

Well being that websites are usually owned by 1 individual they are a dictatorship, only limits the number of people willing to deal with their rules. Dont let one little click ruin the good experiences to be had in crypto-coin land ^^. Keep your head up there are better people to associate with.

cashnews (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 06:57:58 PM

Keep your head up there are better people to associate with.

True that!

Thomas
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:00:54 PM

A dictatorship is a form of government, and does not apply to private companies.  Imagine if someone is over at your house party.  If you want them to leave, you shouldn't need to give them a valid reason -- it's your property and your rules.

cashnews (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:05:21 PM

A dictatorship is a form of government, and does not apply to private companies.  Imagine if someone is over at your house party.  If you want them to leave, you shouldn't need to give them a valid reason -- it's your property and your rules.

I doubt that you can compare a house with a private companie. Just imagine some firm would only sale its products to one race...

And by the way, in my house you are welcome as long as you behave... As I said, I did behave. I did not violate any rule.

Thomas
HollowIP

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:07:02 PM

In all fairness, business is private property, but if you fire someone for being Muslim or, let's say Swedish (because thats the example used) then that is highly illegal, and obviously not right.

I see A LOT of drama come from CC, and I try to stay out of most of it, because its really just childish drama on both ends. There are plenty of great people on that site, as well as the rest of the bitcoin community, but there are also people you will dislike too.

At the end of the day however, it just a website. I can understand your frustration. If you spent a lot of time on facebook, and facebook decided to ban you for life- you would probably be upset for a while, however there are much better things to do out there in the world.

Count your losses and move on solider.

BTC-  3FofPhtcESndpyLTJTJEnpShdHgbN82pAz
Yna

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:13:43 PM

More and more people are finally waking up to the fact that CC is complete utter horseshit  Roll Eyes
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 07:14:48 PM

breaking news, this forum is a dictatorship too.  Cheesy

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:23:59 PM

Discrimination is not a worldwide law.  
On the internet, nobody is going to care if you discriminate, especially if your site is hosted by someone who doesn't give a fuck either.

siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:25:06 PM

PirateKitteh here ... the most ruthless and evil privateer from coinpr0n.

cashnews, I have very much enjoyed chatting with you on coinpr0n AND easybitco. I read your chatlog and am not surprised in the least. However, there are plenty of great sites in the bitcoin community besides coinchat as you already know. Don't let the frustrations of your experience there ruin your ideas of what community is REALLY about.

The forums here are full of plenty of examples/drama of what goes on anytime TradeFortress takes it upon himself to get involved. I personally am glad not to be a part of all of that nonsense any longer. It does make for good popcorn drama true, but spending my time actually helping new members grow in the world of bitcoin is much more important to me than playing the "sit up and beg" games coinchat plays to get a few mBTC. The monetary rewards are not what makes a great community.

Thanks for the informative post, and I would also like to thank you for your contributions to the German-language channel.  Grin

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 07:26:28 PM

On the internet, nobody is going to care if you discriminate, especially if your site is hosted by someone who doesn't give a fuck either.

Being indiscriminate is sometimes even worse.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:31:35 PM

Being indiscriminate is sometimes even worse.

moral values are besides the point anyway.. we're talking about what people are allowed to do, and not using the word "dictatorship" correctly.

Wildchild

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:08:41 PM

moral values are besides the point anyway.. we're talking about what people are allowed to do, and not using the word "dictatorship" correctly.

We get the point, unfortunately the point of this thread isn't to debate the grammatically correct use of the word "dictatorship". Cashnews already pointed out that he wasn't a native speaker, and he used to word to describe what he felt were unscrupulous and unfair business practices from that site.

We should move on from debating the grammatically correct usage of "dictatorship" and any more debate about it should be moved to a different thread, because it's not the main point of the thread. -_-
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:14:51 PM

We get the point, unfortunately the point of this thread isn't to debate the grammatically correct use of the word "dictatorship". Cashnews already pointed out that he wasn't a native speaker, and he used to word to describe what he felt were unscrupulous and unfair business practices from that site.

We should move on from debating the grammatically correct usage of "dictatorship" and any more debate about it should be moved to a different thread, because it's not the main point of the thread. -_-

I like how you picked out the second point and tried to imply that it's my main point. 

we're talking about what people are allowed to do AND..

cashnews (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:51:22 PM

If dictatorship is the wrong word, I appologize. I think everybody got what I meant to say...

The thing is: The idea of a chat or a forum is to have people discussing on various topics. If you ban everybody who has a different opinion, you will not have any discussion...

I met a lot of nice people @ coinchat so I dislike that I cannot talk to them anymore. But nobody can blackmail me.

At the end of the day however, it just a website. I can understand your frustration. If you spent a lot of time on facebook, and facebook decided to ban you for life- you would probably be upset for a while, however there are much better things to do out there in the world.

You are absoloutly right... Thanks for that post.

Thomas
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: