Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: problem moving bitcoin from mtgox to localbitcoins wallet  (Read 762 times)
cspeter8 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:27:06 PM

Hi,
Has anyone else experienced problems withdrawing bitcoin from mtgox to an address going into their wallet on localbitcoins.com?

It worked once for a smaller amount, after several failed attempts and opening a support ticket with them, but now it is failing again. 

Error msg is 'Invalid Bitcoin Address, Please confirm your input'.

An mtgox response:
Hello,

Thank you for the email. It appears for some reason this error is triggered from the platform for few BTC withdrawals specially, we are currently investigating on the cause and the solution. However please drop a line if you were able to withdraw after a while. We appreciate your patience and sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
https://www.mtgox.com

[Attention: Please protect your account using OTP to ensure that your funds are safe and secure. Failing to do so makes your information vulnerable to hackers.
Please visit https://mtgox.com/security]

August 20, 2013 02:14

Are addresses on localbitcoins.com just like addresses for any other wallet?  An address generated by bitaddress.org paper wallets worked fine the first try.  Not sure yet if this was a coincidence, but wanted to send some bitcoin to cold storage and a smaller amount to sell now as I build up a good repuation.

Am I the only one?  What's going on with others?
it-zone

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:33:02 PM

i have the same issue, no withdrawal address works.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: