Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:30:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NET NEUTRALITY - Cryptocurrencies in trouble??  (Read 130 times)
kris the ish (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:55:13 PM

I haven't seen much media coverage on this topic, but is anyone worried about net neutrality going away putting cryptocurrencies at the direct mercy of the FCC & Internet providers? Is this even possible? Who's to say that their main hidden objective is to snuff out the entire world of cryptocurrencies? Decentralized platforms are a threat to centralized powers. Let's say they like crypto's, well I'm sure we can agree Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and RIPPLE made the first cut. But coins like, Zcash, ZenCash, or Dash, no, those coins gotta go, we can't have private transactions here. Decentralized exchanges, that's a negative! Steem, decentralized freedom of speech, nope, that goes on the chopping block too! Am I crazy or missing something?
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:48:51 PM

I haven't seen much media coverage on this topic, but is anyone worried about net neutrality going away putting cryptocurrencies at the direct mercy of the FCC & Internet providers? Is this even possible? Who's to say that their main hidden objective is to snuff out the entire world of cryptocurrencies? Decentralized platforms are a threat to centralized powers. Let's say they like crypto's, well I'm sure we can agree Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and RIPPLE made the first cut. But coins like, Zcash, ZenCash, or Dash, no, those coins gotta go, we can't have private transactions here. Decentralized exchanges, that's a negative! Steem, decentralized freedom of speech, nope, that goes on the chopping block too! Am I crazy or missing something?

https://www.skycoin.net/blog/statement/the-net-neutrality-rollback-and-how-skycoin-can-defeat-it/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: