Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:58:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting paid to post at Bitcointalk ?  (Read 726 times)
Nureni

Activity: 118
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:51:47 PM

It is legal to do so it is a medium of telling people about an upcoming ico or ongoing one, it is means of advertisement and their is no law against advertising a product.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Young Turk
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:06:50 PM

Yes, I saw a lot of shills for new ICO's. Most of them are scams, coincidence?
I think it's forbidden by forum rules but hard to enforce because it takes too much time to find all these shills and check one by one then ban. You can always report it and help moderators when you see that kind of users in the forum.

███████                   
                      ██████████                        ██       
                       ████████████                  ███       
                                ██████████           █████       
                                        ███████      ██████         
██████                  ███████     ████
████████                ██████     ██   
██████████        ████████           
███████████    █████████           
████████    ████████

███████    ████████       
              ██████    █████████████ 
          █████████      ███████████ 
      ███████████          █████████ 
██████████████                       
████████████████                       
███████      ████████████           
██████        ████████████           
████                ██████████           

.xx-coin.io.

Coco500 (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:25:39 PM

Signature campaign does make sense.

But Can I pay someone to keep posting on my thread so the thread shows up as a hot topic on the first page ?

RieraMusic

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:32:13 PM

I think it is legal, unless they are scam like bitconnect.

█ ▌        Vice Industry// The Revolutionary Adult Cryptocurrency        ▐ █ (https://vicetoken.com/)
The Young Turk
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:38:08 PM

He doesn't talk about signature campaigns. He talks about shill accounts promoting their ICO in every thread.

But Can I pay someone to keep posting on my thread so the thread shows up as a hot topic on the first page ?

It's not allowed by forum rules but you can offer privately (or from other platform) and hire people to shill your project. It's very hard to detect because there are thousands of posts made in this forum every day.

No, scam is not moderated.

███████                   
                      ██████████                        ██       
                       ████████████                  ███       
                                ██████████           █████       
                                        ███████      ██████         
██████                  ███████     ████
████████                ██████     ██   
██████████        ████████           
███████████    █████████           
████████    ████████

███████    ████████       
              ██████    █████████████ 
          █████████      ███████████ 
      ███████████          █████████ 
██████████████                       
████████████████                       
███████      ████████████           
██████        ████████████           
████                ██████████           

.xx-coin.io.

Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 649

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:42:33 PM

I was wondering this problem. Do you think some ICO are hiring people to comment positively on their ICO post ?

Is it legal under the forum rules
Having those bounty signature campaigns isn't really illegal on forum rules and this is one of the way on advertising and getting investors of such project by exposure of their signature which been worn by those signature participants.They are really hiring and paying up people on their own tokens. This is not compulsory or necessary since most of the time its still your own decision if you would tend to advertise them or not. You do have the freedom to choose.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
000JC88

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:45:06 PM

I was wondering this problem. Do you think some ICO are hiring people to comment positively on their ICO post ?

You talk about bounty campaigns, ICOs pay people with tokens in order to inform other people about the ICO. I'm a part now of DIW campaign and I will get tokens for this, but it doesn't mean I do this just for the tokens. People choose in which ICO will be apart, because if the ICO fail the tokens will have ZERO value. Therefor signature campaign is more than just a campaign than some people wear some ICO, is a vote of trust.  
Ros-In

Activity: 306
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:03:17 PM

If what you mean is signature campaign where you use their signature in your profile and posting or comment some thread yeah, its legal.
But if you mean "hiring people to comment positively on their ICO post" is like bumping service no its illegal. theres rule where you can not pay people to comment in your thread or something like that.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 10:06:22 PM

I guess there are few such posts, where not really related messages are written, as in telegram there are tonnes of such offers, like we will make your thread big. It's against the forum rules, correct. I wish they would not do it, and leave the threads organically growing.
sunnycoiner23

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:26:19 PM

hmm i wonder how much they get paid
mworld12

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:43:15 PM

hmm i wonder how much they pay and is it a full time job?
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:56:26 PM

It's called bounty signature campaings, but they don't force you to write only about their project. You can post whatever you want and thus you advertise a project by wearing their signature. And in most cases it's very profitable both for a project and for a bounty hunter.
Correct explanation but I have seen signature campaigns demanding participants to post on their ICO announcement thread, at least one timer per week. It didn't state that it has to be a positive post, that will probably make it legal on this forum.

There are a lot of signature campaign participants in this forum. It's perfectly fine to post in this forum with a signature and be paid for it, but you can't force or demand your signature campaign participants to post in the ICO ANN thread. Even if it only has to be once a week or it would be paid for, it is against the forum rules. It was thus stated that incentivizing to post on certain threads is not allowed in this forum, whether the contents of which may be positive or negative.

BCSHonda

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:07:39 PM

You can join the signature campaigns in the bounty section of the ICO projects that are open to selling tokens. Your earnings will be calculated based on your terms in the bitcointalk.org forum and the results of the specific tasks each campaign requires. Usually, you will be paid after the sale of ICO from 1 week to 1 month. You can then transfer your token to a commercial site that is listed for sale or kept at your disposal.
cryptoheroin

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:25:51 PM

Its called signature campaign ,you will require to have number of posts per week to receive some stakes in the ICO.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
Coco500 (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:28:03 AM

He doesn't talk about signature campaigns. He talks about shill accounts promoting their ICO in every thread.

It's not allowed by forum rules but you can offer privately (or from other platform) and hire people to shill your project. It's very hard to detect because there are thousands of posts made in this forum every day.

No, scam is not moderated.
You have pinpoint my concern . Shilling your project is the term I was looking for.

How does one find the people to shill the project I wonder.
Equity0924

Activity: 173

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 01:35:56 AM

Commenting for them is included on threads in bitcointalk called bounty, or in signature campaigns, organizers won't ever force you to write or post good things or anything about their project. You have the will to post whatever you want but they also have rights to disqualify you if you do not meet their minimum requirements. When you advertise their project, you should wear their signature in order to count.
RAOLUOXIANG

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:37:56 AM

i THINK IT IS DEFINITELY HAPPENING. But it is just marketing strategy, dont worry about it, market will prove its valve at the end of the day.
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:50:04 AM

You looks new to the business, Its called Signature bounty campaigns. Its perfectly legal as long as poster don't spam post.
As he said Its called signature bounty campaigns they will pay in project tokens or even some BTC you just have to follow the rules that the campaign manager made
nndep3m

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:15:42 AM

Well I think this thread itself is a perfect live answer to the OP's question. As can be seen, a lot of people are making replies here just so that they can be paid in their signature campaign and increase their post count. Good to see the most obvious shitposters have been negatively flagged by trusted community members.

It is honestly a fine line - It's good that people can be paid for wearing a signature to promote a project they have researched and believe in personally, rather than just spam-joining signature campaigns with hundreds of accounts promoting projects that they know nothing about. I'm a big fan of the new "Serious Discussion" and other sections where signature advertising is not encouraged. This can keep certain areas of the forum absolutely focused on important discussion, whereas other areas like the AltCoin sections can be less strict.

IgniHash

Activity: 224

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:20:36 AM

It's called bounty signature campaings, but they don't force you to write only about their project. You can post whatever you want and thus you advertise a project by wearing their signature. And in most cases it's very profitable both for a project and for a bounty hunter.

Yes, i agree with this. Many ICO projects didn't force the campaign member to shilling their project only. The main rule is, don't using other project in you signature. Signature campaign still worth it for both ICO and campaign members.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: