Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:34:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on WiFi  (Read 902 times)
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 02:00:51 PM

Why would one "HAVE" to use Wifi? Cables can be hidden, its more reliable and cheaper. I cannot see why one would have to use wifi. The only thing would be cable abstruction, but that can be solved with small holes in walls. Or that CAT6 cables should not go above 90m in length, but WIFI is not better at that either.
yhhy

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:02:33 PM

I have a whole farm running from a USB wifi adapter

I'm also running USB wifi adapters and they work great no problems, easy when you don´t have to put cables =).
Amstellodamois (OP)

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:06:49 PM

Why would one "HAVE" to use Wifi?
Because your internet modem is in the middle of your living room (plugged into a coaxial connection, your former "cable") and you don't want to see a cable running from there to your basement.
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:28:53 PM

Because your internet modem is in the middle of your living room (plugged into a coaxial connection, your former "cable") and you don't want to see a cable running from there to your basement.

How are you going to see it?  Go right through the floor near the modem into the basement.  If you're worried about seeing the cable in the basement, buy some sort of cable management solution that can be mounted to the wall and painted the same color as the wall.  Any hardware store sells them.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
gotminer

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:30:56 PM

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
lakisc

Activity: 174
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:36:27 PM

wifi mining for a week and no problem so far
Amstellodamois (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:37:27 PM

How are you going to see it?  Go right through the floor near the modem into the basement.
I'm not drilling through my hard floor :-D
gotminer

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:49:39 PM

How are you going to see it?  Go right through the floor near the modem into the basement.
I'm not drilling through my hard floor :-D

Let me guess.  Your cable company ran their wires through your window? Lol.

Amstellodamois (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:00:59 PM

From upstairs in a pillar.

I feel I've given enough details, keeping in mind the question was "How to get a rig to work on WiFi", not "How to reorganize my house"
gotminer

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:08:41 PM

From upstairs in a pillar.

I feel I've given enough details, keeping in mind the question was "How to get a rig to work on WiFi", not "How to reorganize my house"

Just like you would any other computer.  Why in the fuck would think it would be any different?

elramsy

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:14:21 PM

please i need more light on how to mine
gotminer

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:16:27 PM

please i need more light on how to mine

Yours isn't LED?  They are a lot brighter than the old style ones, you fucktard.

badferret

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:29:54 PM

I use a wifi and haven't had issues.   Main thing if you have multiple computers to to make sure you have a high quality switch, not a network hub...a real switch.  Don't put hubs, they will have more collisions.
Dimedroll

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:18:08 PM

I have been mining on Wi-fi two weeks and have zero issues.  If you connection is stable with a good provider there is no reason you HAVE to do a wired connection.  A USB adapter works just fine.

TP-LINK Kiss

Good stable provider is a given.  You certainly need that.  That's going to go down even if you are hardwired.  If the internet connection isn't there, it makes no difference.  Please use good hardware (wifi router, extender, adapters) if you are going to use wifi.  And take into consideration the distance between the router and the wifi adapter. 

I have good internet provider with 100 Mb/s speed.
Only one problem - invisible adapter. I solved reinstall driver on this device.
And rig 24/7 working:)
waiki

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:01:12 PM

mining using wifi it's a good idea because of its stable connection speed, rarely experiencing interference, free access and its price is cheaper than a data sim card Pack.
Amstellodamois (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:23:15 PM

How much data do you consume?
Say for an average six card rig.
zoufou

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:23:54 PM

All my rigs are running on wifi with a dedicated router and network for them, this is cheaper and cleaner than managing cables and switches.
gotminer

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:24:48 PM

mining using wifi it's a good idea because of its stable connection speed, rarely experiencing interference, free access and its price is cheaper than a data sim card Pack.

Free access?  You're still paying for your internet connection whether you use wifi or not.  What are you doing? Loading up your mining rigs up in the back of your truck and parking it at McDonalds for the free wifi? Lol.  I'm surprised they let you run an extension cord in the back door to power them.

gotminer

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:26:12 PM

All my rigs are running on wifi with a dedicated router and network for them, this is cheaper and cleaner than managing cables and switches.

Can't get much cleaner than this ... And nope, I'm not running them on wifi.

kissmarx

Activity: 1106
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2018, 02:41:45 AM

I think WIFI is not good for mining. Somehow when I turn on the mining, it seems to cause some problem with the WIFI signal. It's very unstable and internet is on and off and all the shares found is gone to waste. Maybe it depends upon the brand of wifi adapter but I don't recommend it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: