Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:50:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Exchanges becoming too unstable ?  (Read 433 times)
minersday

Activity: 1484
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:30:56 PM

Coinsmarkets has not been available for over 2 weeks ~~ who knows if it ever coming back..
In Yobit you take a gamble that the coins wallet is not in maintenance when purchasing..
And Now... CoinExchange has just gone offline, reading "server not found"

And what does it mean? Just think about it for a while.

Those 3 exchanges are the biggest shit that has ever been created, look at their volume, they are shit and no one is using them. Why do you think that all the scammy coins are getting listed on YoShit?

Because it is VERY easy to get your coin listed in there.

And CoinExchange is back right now, just go to their twitter profile and you will see that.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:30:45 AM

Anyone else experiencing these issues with these, or any other exchanges ??

Kraken used to be absolutely horrible, you kept getting a 520 error and you kept having to enter trades over and over and hope you didn't get the dreaded red line showing an error.

But they upgraded their engine last week and it now works smoothly even at times of high volume.

I expect most exchanges are experiencing growing pains, none would have planned for users to have increased so much.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:15:49 AM

Please, tell me, how the fuck is using Kraken? This exchange is quite old, no one is using this one any more, and it has scammed a lot of people during the last two months.
Kraken used to be absolutely horrible, you kept getting a 520 error and you kept having to enter trades over and over and hope you didn't get the dreaded red line showing an error.
No offense, but it is full of good exchanges right now, like Kucoin, IDEX, and a few more others who are newbie exchanges, but they are trying to gain a lot of trust in order to be a giant ones.

And binance is working fine too.
MariamSargsan0101

Activity: 96
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:20:09 AM

Too many users, that's the real problem. they can't cope with so many people at a time wanting to trade their assets.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:48:10 AM

Don't know if it's just me, but i've noticed that most exchanges have been suffering stability issues
over the past few days/weeks.

Coinsmarkets has not been available for over 2 weeks ~~ who knows if it ever coming back..

In Yobit you take a gamble that the coins wallet is not in maintenance when purchasing..

Quite a few exchanges have also had to restrict new registrations due to over-loading ?

And Now... CoinExchange has just gone offline, reading "server not found" .. Updating transactions
has been extremely slow for a while now on CoinExchange...

I think there may need expansion and more work need to be done as there are find it very difficult to meet up with the demand of crypto currencies expansion and demand from there customers. Etherdelta which I do use for token trading has been shown one kind pump up that I don't understand and I think hitbtc has not been helping matter with slowness of the coin to show balance. I think the work load is mush for most of the exchange platforms and this creates the instability op is complaining of.
terrific

Activity: 2156
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:15:12 AM

Too many users, that's the real problem. they can't cope with so many people at a time wanting to trade their assets.
They never expected that crypto's will boom this way and they are starting to experience that problem. And there's no one that can name an exchange here that has been reliable at this moment.

Please, tell me, how the fuck is using Kraken? This exchange is quite old, no one is using this one any more, and it has scammed a lot of people during the last two months.
No offense, but it is full of good exchanges right now, like Kucoin, IDEX, and a few more others who are newbie exchanges, but they are trying to gain a lot of trust in order to be a giant ones.

And binance is working fine too.

But that's a fact that there are traders who are still using kraken.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

cipher-x_09

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:23:51 PM

The increasing number of users and investors of bitcoin is causing is quite a stir in our market today no wonder many transactions are taking time before they arrived at their certain destinations, practically the number of users increasing is not the same as the number of our miners and other developers which is why the blockchain is like being a populated country with only few people assisting or helping them.

____________yahoo62278 CAMPAIGN MANAGER________  ◥◥  The Best & Most Popular Manager  ◤◤  ____________
ICO Manager          Bounty Manager          Signature Campaign Manager          Twitter Campaign Manager
█████████████████████████   ADD "yahoo62278" on Telegram & Skype   █████████████████████████
BigBadBitBaron (OP)

Activity: 463
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:29:17 PM

Since when was exchanges stable? Ever since Mt Gox there hasn't been much improvement. There was cryptsy, which was the premier choice for altcoin exchanges back in the days, which in the end blew itself up. There was the bitfinex hack. There was poloniex, which is unstable as hell even now.

The exchanges that you listed aren't even as trusted as these exchanges, first you need to move to bigger and more regulated exchanges to ensure that even in the event of something going wrong, you have the peace of mind of knowing that it's regulated by a government. These small exchanges, cryptopia, coinexchange, novaexchange, etc. can run away any time they want.

Exchanges hold your money for you. Any service which requires you to send them money is risky, and often unstable.

As my particular interest is in staking coins, these exchanges are (in a lot of cases) the only ones available to me.
the option of moving to bigger exchanges is not always applicable.

Luckily, I have only been caught for a few hundred bucks as I withdraw to staking wallet or pool as soon as I exchange.

Perhaps someone with an entrepenuerial attitude can develop an exchange using all the others as a guide
as to what not to do ??

CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:15:11 PM

This problem is the reason why we should check where the exchanges located (the address) and who is the owner? But, most exchanges do not provide this information, so how could we trust them? Just based on others experience, right? In this case, the problem regarding exchanges service going bad or even just gone offline such as CoinExchange will always occur and repeated. I prefer to use local exchange in my country as it's easier to access the site or even visit the headquarter and meet the owner.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:33:40 AM

This problem is the reason why we should check where the exchanges located (the address) and who is the owner? But, most exchanges do not provide this information, so how could we trust them? Just based on others experience, right? In this case, the problem regarding exchanges service going bad or even just gone offline such as CoinExchange will always occur and repeated. I prefer to use local exchange in my country as it's easier to access the site or even visit the headquarter and meet the owner.
An address doesn't say anything, and the owners names neither. MtGox has been the perfect example of how a (at that time) well established exchange still screwed people and the entire market over, years ago.

It's a sensitive piece of Bitcoin history, but one that remains functioning as a red flag trigger of how every exchange potentially may end up in the far future. As long as people use centralized exchanges, it remains a danger.

Local exchanges are more easy to approach in most cases, but when greed strikes, and the operator sees a quick and easy money making opportunity, it will be done, that's pretty much a guarantee.

In other words, don't trust too much on location and who's behind what exchange.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:47:58 AM

The increasing number of users and investors of bitcoin is causing is quite a stir in our market today no wonder many transactions are taking time before they arrived at their certain destinations, practically the number of users increasing is not the same as the number of our miners and other developers which is why the blockchain is like being a populated country with only few people assisting or helping them.
This is becoming a problem in most exchanges, and this creates a question, for a long time I have thought that decentralized exchanges are going to be the answer to the growing regulation in the markets, however, I wonder if those exchanges are going to be able to deal with the huge amount of traffic, if centralized options are having problems then, what can we expect from decentralized solutions?
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 03:55:17 AM

Exchanges have not been able to handle properly the volume of new users that's why there are instability issues. Big exchanges suspending their acceptance of new users because of the volume. It may be good for their business but it is bad if their server cannot handle it. Binance has been opening and closing new registrations from time to time and Bittrex I think do not accept new users anymore. There are other choices of exchanges like Kucoin and there are many exchanges that are still in ICO and I hope they would be able to handle this overwhelming volume and be able to address issues as soon as possible.

shi07

Activity: 122
Merit: 15

Long Live BTC

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:24:17 PM

I think it's due to the hype of crypto market, people are getting more involved and wanted to be engaged with cryptocurrency. Well, due to its potential that it can make you rich. Exchanges are getting stucked and traffic due to volume of transactions, users are waiting for a long line to get their transaction push thru. This would he the dilemma that needed to he solved.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:27:06 AM

An address doesn't say anything, and the owners names neither. MtGox has been the perfect example of how a (at that time) well established exchange still screwed people and the entire market over, years ago.

It's a sensitive piece of Bitcoin history, but one that remains functioning as a red flag trigger of how every exchange potentially may end up in the far future. As long as people use centralized exchanges, it remains a danger.

Local exchanges are more easy to approach in most cases, but when greed strikes, and the operator sees a quick and easy money making opportunity, it will be done, that's pretty much a guarantee.

In other words, don't trust too much on location and who's behind what exchange.
When it comes to exchanges there are no guarantees, just a few days ago there was another hack, and hundreds of millions were lost as a result, leaving your money in an exchange is a risk, this is another advantage for the long term holders, traders have no option but to have their money in exchanges since they want to make profits with their trades but a holder can have all his coins in cold storage where no hacker can access them.
pawanjain

Activity: 2716
Merit: 717

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 05:22:18 AM

Its all because of the traffic mate. There are thousands of people daily entering into the crypto world. Cryptocurrencies are taking the market by storm from the last few months. Right now it might have got stabled since there is no huge gain in the market cap. Exchanges might be feeling difficult handling these much users at the same time since there are millions of people accessing exchanges on a regular basis. At these circumstances they might be upgrading their systems because everyone knows that many other people will be joining the exchanges soon. I would recommend you using only the reputed exchanges as of now such as binance, bittrex etc... and stay away from coinsmarket,yobit and other crappy exchanges.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cryptotricks

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 06:55:05 AM

Its the cryptomarket which is exploding in rapidly which makes demand too high than supply. In addition to that kyc, regulations also takes up time. Security also should not be compromised so their staffs needs to be on a check always. These are somethings which makes the exchanges unstable at times.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:44:24 AM

Since when was exchanges stable? Ever since Mt Gox there hasn't been much improvement. There was cryptsy, which was the premier choice for altcoin exchanges back in the days, which in the end blew itself up. There was the bitfinex hack. There was poloniex, which is unstable as hell even now.

The exchanges that you listed aren't even as trusted as these exchanges, first you need to move to bigger and more regulated exchanges to ensure that even in the event of something going wrong, you have the peace of mind of knowing that it's regulated by a government. These small exchanges, cryptopia, coinexchange, novaexchange, etc. can run away any time they want.

Exchanges hold your money for you. Any service which requires you to send them money is risky, and often unstable.

As my particular interest is in staking coins, these exchanges are (in a lot of cases) the only ones available to me.
the option of moving to bigger exchanges is not always applicable.

Luckily, I have only been caught for a few hundred bucks as I withdraw to staking wallet or pool as soon as I exchange.

Perhaps someone with an entrepenuerial attitude can develop an exchange using all the others as a guide
as to what not to do ??

Well, obviously exchanges have to be used. I'm not saying that don't use them at all, that's just unrealistic and dumb. There is still a need for exchanges but these exchanges right now are really very very risky to use.

What I can say is that if you just deposit your coins, exchange, and withdraw straightaway you'll find that the chance of having a problem is much lower than if you stored funds on it full time and used it like a wallet. Exchanges are not wallets. Hacks happen all the time, just like coincheck's NEM hack recently.

Launching an exchange and making it mainstream takes a lot of advertising. Binance has done a great job but they probably paid a hefty price. The new, small exchanges never get the publicity they want.
nikjain422

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:35:10 AM

Don't know if it's just me, but i've noticed that most exchanges have been suffering stability issues
over the past few days/weeks.

Quite a few exchanges have also had to restrict new registrations due to over-loading ?

And Now... CoinExchange has just gone offline, reading "server not found" .. Updating transactions
has been extremely slow for a while now on CoinExchange...

It is true but the situation is also not stable.The prices were constantly going down and the people were panic and were selling all there stakes which increases the traffic in the transaction and that increases the unstability in exchanges.Even problems of government seizing the accounts of exchanges is also growing and Exchanges are finding it difficult to tackle and make smooth transaction.
cryptotricks

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:58:49 PM

Its really tough to operate a exchange, there are a lot of practical difficulties. Still, few reliable exchanges manage to do it good so far. I would always want government to legalize the cryptocurrencies and if the exchanges are regulated properly, the exchanges also will be able to invest more on staffing, security and other such things to handle the traffic/hype. Until the uncertainty prevails, the instability also prevails..
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 773

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:00:24 PM

When it comes to exchanges there are no guarantees, just a few days ago there was another hack, and hundreds of millions were lost as a result, leaving your money in an exchange is a risk, this is another advantage for the long term holders, traders have no option but to have their money in exchanges since they want to make profits with their trades but a holder can have all his coins in cold storage where no hacker can access them.
Using exchange wallet on keeping your tokens either for long term or short term isn't really a wise move and comparing on storing tokens on cold storages to exchange wallets would be entirely different when it comes to possible risk that might happen ahead.This is why we should really be alert and be smart on handling our coins so that we would somehow avoid the risk on losing them.Even storing them on cold storages wont really make you sure that you wont able to lose it.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███