Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:04:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is going up? or is the dollar going down?  (Read 1262 times)
topminingcontracts (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 03:59:12 AM

I have this question

"Bitcoin is going up? or is the dollar going down?"

Did any will take a loan in Bitcoins? probably no because will require much more dollars to be payed in the future.

What if simply the real inflation is eating the dollar value?

Bye.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:21:24 AM

I have this question

Did any will take a loan in Bitcoins? probably no because will require much more dollars to be payed in the future.

What if simply the real inflation is eating the dollar value?

Bye.

You can't discuss the dollar value unless you define some sort of measuring stick.  Are you measuring USD in precious metals, oil, another currency, or something else?

Also, since you mention inflation, I am obligated to mention that rising interest rates suck dollars out of the economy, which is deflationary.  Keep an eye on interest rates after the FED notes are released tomorrow.

No mater how you measure it, Bitcoin has outperformed any other asset, so it's rise can't be solely due to USD inflation.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:19:46 AM

there are more currencies in the world than just $.

you would have to ask if all the currencies are going down against btc at the same time.
Itcher

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:35:47 AM

Huw, sure the dollar is going down, it does it all the time since the beginning, that's the reason bitcoin is a relatively safe deal.

And sure, the euro is going down too, in the euro-zone we have a inflation of officially 2 percent. But if you don't buy electronics or cars but food or energy or room it's much higher, I think 5-10 percent (potatoes did rise in the last year with 44 percent), and this is in germany, where we have the worlds hardest competition in the retail sale. When I go to western-europe these days I wonder if I lost my way and landend in the swiss or in norway.

This, what many people warned before, is going to happen respectivey happens since some time but grows actually to big to hide it behind burocracy and blending at the loss of retailers: the money-printing to pay escalating statedept creates inflation. Did anyone think this wouldn't happen cause some magical tricky-doopy gimmick cuts the connection between value and number of money?
xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:36:09 AM

What you can say, is that bitcoin has the same value everywhere due to the unique teleportation property.

A dollar on the other hand is all different: A bill in USA, a bill in Myanmar, a dollar in Argentina, a deposit in a bank in USA with a debit card in the Seychelles, a deposit in btc-e, a deposit in MtGox are all different.

Saint!

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 01:56:07 PM

I have this question

Relatively easy to answer, if the BTC:USD value changes but EUR or GBP:BTC doesn't then its the dollar.

If everything is going up then its BTC.
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 02:08:10 PM

I have this question

Relatively easy to answer, if the BTC:USD value changes but EUR or GBP:BTC doesn't then its the dollar.

If everything is going up then its BTC.

Good answer, and a quick check at bitcoincharts.com will show BTC up against many currencies.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: