Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:09:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia and HITBTC  (Read 178 times)
JTPhotography (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:45:09 PM

Dear God, people say crypto is the Wild West and while I understand that is one of the reasons we all profit, I am getting my first taste of the bad.

Cryptopia decides to close down close ltc and doge markets, locking up my money and offering absolutely no time frame for when I may be able to access it.

HITBTC, my 2fa randomly quits working. Support is non existent. I have hundreds of dollars sitting in there, and possibly losing hundreds more by missing trades.

Learning lessons I guess.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:52:51 PM

cryptopia have had the decency to come out and say they basically can't cope with the amount of new customers they're getting. hitbtc is a real weird operation. it's been going for long time now but i've rarely heard positive things about it.
JTPhotography (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:08:01 PM

Yeah. Nothing I can do to help myself really except warn others.
Davidbugs2

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:22:25 PM

I heard cryptopia is actually closing down, I dont know if its true or not but I heard this sad news.
JTPhotography (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:48:58 PM

I heard cryptopia is actually closing down, I dont know if its true or not but I heard this sad news.

Closing, I doubt it. Exit scam maybe.
ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:51:06 PM

That's why you should be very much careful while selecting exchanges to deposit our crypto coins as its our hard earned money and we could not just allow any one to loot our money.Nowadays,lots of new exchanges are being opened and i don't know how people start using such exchanges without checking whether they are legit or not.

Orange Mango

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:36:37 AM

That's why you should be very much careful while selecting exchanges to deposit our crypto coins as its our hard earned money and we could not just allow any one to loot our money.Nowadays,lots of new exchanges are being opened and i don't know how people start using such exchanges without checking whether they are legit or not.

It is so easy to make mistakes and it take seconds. You shouldn't have to worry about these things because they shouldn't happen but they do and the only thing we can do is prepare for them. I always send a test deposit first and I try to stick to exchanges known to work. I think hitbtc is not a good exchange because they do things that seem very odd and I just get a bad feeling using them. Cryptopia I has used for a long time and they have been ok.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:24:24 AM

Dear God, people say crypto is the Wild West and while I understand that is one of the reasons we all profit, I am getting my first taste of the bad.

Cryptopia decides to close down close ltc and doge markets, locking up my money and offering absolutely no time frame for when I may be able to access it.

HITBTC, my 2fa randomly quits working. Support is non existent. I have hundreds of dollars sitting in there, and possibly losing hundreds more by missing trades.

How have they locked up your money? According to the following thread, this is what they have said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/7ouedv/all_ltc_and_dodge_parings_are_closing_on_cryptopia/

"Market Closing

Due to being unable to provide any kind of realistic or accurate ETA on both the DOGE/LTC markets being resumed, we have decided it best to close these base markets at this time. Please close any open orders, and we apologize for the inconvenience."

Close your open orders and withdraw your funds...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
cissrawk

Activity: 1218
Merit: 410

Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:26:33 AM

Cryptopia close LTC market but they will open another website just for ltc. Its already writed on cryptopia news, https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News

Some quotes from cryptopia news
Cryptopia will be standing up new sister sites such as ltc.cryptopia.co.nz to handle base markets dedicated to LTC on their own trade engine and database to allow them to continue to trade, and allowing cryptopia.co.nz to resume registrations.

And since this discusion about exchanger, it should be on service discussion or exchanges section maybe(?)

I'm doing steam artwork.Official thread (Indo, but please pm me even if you're english speaker) : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5323281
NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR MONEY. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR MONEY! More info click here or go to NotYourKeys.org
Trade Crypto and get 10% cashback BTC16CYsf1yonoVAN3jLAJguREmoJfCy5twi4
JTPhotography (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:05:57 PM

How have they locked up your money? According to the following thread, this is what they have said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Electroneum/comments/7ouedv/all_ltc_and_dodge_parings_are_closing_on_cryptopia/

"Market Closing

Due to being unable to provide any kind of realistic or accurate ETA on both the DOGE/LTC markets being resumed, we have decided it best to close these base markets at this time. Please close any open orders, and we apologize for the inconvenience."

No. I’ll explain since you are ignorant. There are certain coins that only trade in the doge/ltc market. Money put into those coins are frozen.
penig

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:57:10 PM

Cryptopia close LTC market but they will open another website just for ltc. Its already writed on cryptopia news, https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/News

Some quotes from cryptopia news
Cryptopia will be standing up new sister sites such as ltc.cryptopia.co.nz to handle base markets dedicated to LTC on their own trade engine and database to allow them to continue to trade, and allowing cryptopia.co.nz to resume registrations.

And since this discusion about exchanger, it should be on service discussion or exchanges section maybe(?)

Odd, why close two of the largest and oldest markets?  Making a dedicated platform might itself make sense, but transition should be in parallel for a few weeks at least. 
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:31:48 PM

Sorry for you loss, I hope you could somehow solve it and get your money back. Never store big amount of money that you can't afford to lose in any exchange. Almost all of these growing exchange have a non existent support, even Binance. I couldn't reach their support, send a lot of request ticket but no response at all. They always refer me to read the FAQ. These exchanges really need to scale up their support team. I understand when you got thousands of new registered users every day you might be swamped, but this issue has been months old.
CyberKuro

Activity: 798
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:27:06 PM

"Market Closing

No. I’ll explain since you are ignorant. There are certain coins that only trade in the doge/ltc market. Money put into those coins are frozen.

Which coins that you have in cryptopia which has frozen?
Have you contacted their support? Ahh yes, they have bad support as well, even maybe never reply to those new tickets which grow over time as too many problems occur these days on the trading platform, they simply can't deal with too many new customers. Cryptocurrency world attracts more adopters and exchanges is the first place to be involved in this market.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: