Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:56:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow. This isn't real.  (Read 1881 times)
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 12:07:38 AM

http://tightwadtechnica.com/?p=5492

Check out this video of a avatar singing in concert in Japan.  This is not a dancer in a costume, nor is it an animatronic.  It's a 3D hologram in open space that looks more solid than the holograms in Star Wars.  Watch the avatar cross the stagelighting behind her, it passes through the image.

Creighton

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 03:42:52 AM

This is creepy.

The singer belong in an anime or manga, not in real life! At the very least use a more realistic art style.

chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 04:46:54 AM

we should petition Japan to take bitcoin for tickets to her concerts.
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 12:19:42 PM

wow, this is amazing  Shocked

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2011, 12:43:46 PM

Damn Holograms!  Dey Terk Eur Jeerbs!!!  (At least we won't have to deal with prima donna pop stars anymore...)

USA technology is mostly weapons.  Japanese people use their technology and money for entertainment, not war.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
Mahkul

Merit: 250

Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 01:43:24 PM

More human than human...
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 02:26:26 PM

I can't really see that it is a hologram (as in real 3D). Seems more like lasers shining on a flat semi-transparent surface. (I've seen these things already about 15 years ago, although much simpler). More 2D to me then 3D to me.
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 02:59:16 PM

USA technology is mostly weapons.  Japanese people use their technology and money for entertainment, not war.

That's because the Japanese have been dependent upon the USA for defense since WWII, by design.  Germany for much of that time as well.  When you are prohibited by treaty from a military-industrial complex, other motives will spring up.  Don't assume that the state of things today is as result of a change in the nature of mankind, nor of particular nations.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
fabianhjr

Activity: 322

Do The Evolution

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 05:06:56 PM

I can't really see that it is a hologram (as in real 3D). Seems more like lasers shining on a flat semi-transparent surface. (I've seen these things already about 15 years ago, although much simpler). More 2D to me then 3D to me.

Maybe it is because of the way it was recorded. The issue is that everyone sees it in 3D when they go over there. I remember this being post in Gizmodo.
* fabianhjr checks Gizmodo

bitcoinex

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

probiwon.com

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2011, 05:33:32 PM

Wow.  This isn't real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmQvxfo75K0

New bitcoin lottery: probiwon.com
- Moжeт, ты eщё и в Heвидимyю Pyкy Pынкa вepyeшь? - Зaчeм жe вepoвaть в тo, чтo мoжнo нaблюдaть нeпocpeдcтвeннo?
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 05:37:49 PM

What the shit, dude. What the shit.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
The Script

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 10:04:16 PM

What. The. Fuck.  I'm sending this to my uncle.  He's always liked Japanese music and culture.  Perhaps he can explain to me what just happened.
em3rgentOrdr

Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2011, 12:13:28 AM

That's because the Japanese have been dependent upon the USA for defense since WWII, by design.  Germany for much of that time as well.  When you are prohibited by treaty from a military-industrial complex, other motives will spring up.  Don't assume that the state of things today is as result of a change in the nature of mankind, nor of particular nations.

Righto.   Smiley  I wasn't implying any intents or reasons.  I was just making a factual statement.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 03:03:33 AM

miku chan!!!  check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6m2NzdN7o0

see http://www.youtube.com/user/17586063 's videos
just a man

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

Partner of UBER GRAB GOCAR

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 11:35:08 AM

Agreed, light needs something to reflect off, it doesn't just reflect off itself., There needs to be some sort of surface for it to reflect against, poerhaps it's a cylinder or cube and lasers driven by some very fancy algorithms or whatever. That's not to say it's not impressive though.

Personally, I despise manga and anime, the stupid big heads, the ridiculously large eyes, the whole grotesque cutesyness of it all, it's the low water mark of Japanese culture I blame the use of nuclear weapons. Sad

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 16, 2011, 02:26:51 PM

Agreed, light needs something to reflect off, it doesn't just reflect off itself., There needs to be some sort of surface for it to reflect against
There's a small example of this technique in the multimedia presentation that you see before you go up Sydney Tower. It's monochrome (like the Japanese avatar) and it seems to be an image projected from a CRT onto a sheet of flat glass. It's arranged so that there are no reflections on the glass and the glass is effectively invisible, yet somehow the projected image interacts with the glass and seems to emanate from that position in space. Perhaps the CRT emits ultra-violet and reacts with phosphors on the glass.

It's certainly not true holography, but it's a stunning visual effect.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
January 17, 2011, 11:23:01 PM

Wow. The most surprising part is that he is a very good bass player. Impressive technique.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 18, 2011, 12:40:11 AM

Personally, I despise manga and anime, the stupid big heads, the ridiculously large eyes, the whole grotesque cutesyness of it all, it's the low water mark of Japanese culture I blame the use of nuclear weapons. Sad

Anime style is very diverse. Some are very realistic, and so on.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: