Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:51:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't be a hypocrite  (Read 2533 times)
just_me (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:44:26 AM

And perhaps consider not buying hypocrite coins either.

What am I talking about?

Well, I have read lots of slander going on, on these forums about premined coins,
but the people who are slandering the 'premined' coins also support and buy and sell bitcoins.

Bitcoins are a premine.

Therefore anyone who buys and sells and supports bitcoins, and goes around slandering coins with premine, is a hypocrite.

And I want you to consider not buying hypocrite coins then ok.

Good day.

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
vinne81

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:45:23 AM

Whatever, let people do way they want
just_me (OP)

Activity: 420

Jesus Christ Saves Sinners

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:51:57 AM

Whatever, let people do way they want

Hypocrites leading new-comers astray by slanderizing premined coins, and new-comers then invest in non-preminted coins?

But wait a minute, the new-comers who do that, then embark and join and become hypocrites themselves, because they likely bought bitcoins which was a premine.....

That is why I am saying: Don't be a hypocrite.

So whether you support a premine like bitcoins, or whether you support hypocricy, its up to you, and I agree let people do what they want. After all, its their money, isn't it. Therefore, don't slander the premines and fool the new-comers into thinking that premine is so terrible when in fact bitcoins is a premine. You just turn the newcomers into hypocrites.

Don't be a hypocrite.

Today is the day that the Lord has made, lets be glad and rejoice in it
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 07:01:09 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 08:35:23 PM by Lethn

Peoples opinions do change all the time and they gain a new perspective on things but I have to agree and I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the attacks against pre-mined coins ( They're probably doing it to lower the price I suspect Tongue ) Satoshi pre-mined a million coins before he/she released Bitcoin and the people who go after pre-mined coins completely ignore that fact.
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:16:22 AM

Satoshi pre-mined a million coins before he/she released Bitcoin and the people who go after pre-mined coins completely ignore that fact.

Sshhhh...dont mention that around here..you'll get yourself banned..  Wink

Personally, looking at a lot of the later coin releases, I think many of the pre-mined coins are generally more attractive than the one's that arent.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 07:22:20 AM

I just ignore it really, the ones that are updated regularly and have developers talking to people are the ones that are going to rise in value in my opinion, no one wants to use a wallet that goes out of sync for no reason or has error messages on it because the creator hasn't properly edited the code and LOL Oldminer. On other forums it usually takes me about five seconds of posting before I got warned by a moderator so if I haven't been banned after all this time I doubt I'll be banned now Tongue.
LittleDigger

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:36:49 AM

I just ignore it really, the ones that are updated regularly and have developers talking to people are the ones that are going to rise in value in my opinion, no one wants to use a wallet that goes out of sync for no reason or has error messages on it because the creator hasn't properly edited the code and LOL Oldminer. On other forums it usually takes me about five seconds of posting before I got warned by a moderator so if I haven't been banned after all this time I doubt I'll be banned now Tongue.

I completely agree, I'm involved with a coin that was premined and then quickly abandoned by the "developer" when it didn't hit an exchange. But it does have potential and there been hard work put into it by a community, nobody is rushing it's development for profit but focusing on creating some quality, and it's network is growing... If anybody does different well, good luck to them.. 

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 07:41:53 AM

What am I talking about?

Well, I have read lots of slander going on, on these forums about premined coins,
but the people who are slandering the 'premined' coins also support and buy and sell bitcoins.

Bitcoins are a premine.

Therefore anyone who buys and sells and supports bitcoins, and goes around slandering coins with premine, is a hypocrite.

Good day.

If you write a new code from scratch, feel free to premine it

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 07:48:35 AM

Satoshi pre-mined a million coins before he/she released Bitcoin and the people who go after pre-mined coins completely ignore that fact.

well its actually not a fact.
Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 07:50:32 AM

>_< Damnit Sad not on the ball today, should have googled it first Tongue I know he did pre-mine SOME Bitcoins though Tongue or am I going to be wrong about that too? 1 million must have been this random figure thrown around :S I know he at least had to mine the genesis block.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:02:11 AM

*facepalm* for not doing some simple blockchain analysis.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:08:55 AM

>_< Damnit Sad not on the ball today, should have googled it first Tongue I know he did pre-mine SOME Bitcoins though Tongue or am I going to be wrong about that too? 1 million must have been this random figure thrown around :S I know he at least had to mine the genesis block.

Nope.  The only "premined" block is the genesis block and it is unspendable.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 08:38:50 AM

Hypocrites leading new-comers astray by slanderizing premined coins, and new-comers then invest in non-preminted coins?

But wait a minute, the new-comers who do that, then embark and join and become hypocrites themselves, because they likely bought bitcoins which was a premine.....

That is why I am saying: Don't be a hypocrite.

So whether you support a premine like bitcoins, or whether you support hypocricy, its up to you, and I agree let people do what they want. After all, its their money, isn't it. Therefore, don't slander the premines and fool the new-comers into thinking that premine is so terrible when in fact bitcoins is a premine. You just turn the newcomers into hypocrites.

Don't be a hypocrite.

*Chuckle*, your funny.

Giving everyone a lecture droning on about slandering coins, yet decide to cook up some slanderous lies yourself about Bitcoin being premined. LOL  Cheesy

Hypercritical indeed. Maybe you should practise what you preach...

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 08:54:33 AM

Not a lie I made up but clearly a lie I managed to pick up off stupid articles Tongue at least I admit when I'm wrong though.
Loki8

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 09:08:08 AM

Satoshi created the bitcoin, he didn't create shit with a copycat coin. It's the main difference !
Only innovation should be rewarded.
Hfleer

Activity: 448

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:39:09 AM

What am I talking about?

Bitcoins are a premine.

Good day.

There's altogether too much whining about pre-mining.  The first thing to think about is that most of those alt-coins are useless.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
eule

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:46:36 AM

I don't care about a reasonable premine if the coin has new features that show the dev put some work into it.

bybitcoin

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 04:44:04 PM

The only ones complaining and whining about premine are the well known troll-face bump and dump miners.. they believe their machine working calmly in dark for few hours at initial days of a coin launch should be more rewarded than the whole effort of a coin creator.
But the main point for general users, who are the blood of life cycle for a new coin, is that the coin got improvement by more advanced features while security is still kept high and reliable. Then they start to use it in their everyday life and the coin will survive and then flourish..
The moral conclusion is that let's this worm-like pump and dumpers say whatever they would, you can't stop these trolls, do what you think is correct!
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 05:46:34 PM

by the time bitcoin was adopted, satoshi had solomined well over 5 million coins, though initially he only mined 500,000 prior to launch. for whatever reason, he was mocked and laughed at and by the time it was adopted, he was a bitmillionaire. times have changed though. you can premine, but keep it reasonable

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 06:04:09 PM

Since all of these copycoin creators deserve to earn money for their "hard" work.. Satoshi invented something new, that's why he deserves it, premined or not.  Cool

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: