Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:08:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coins are really privacy and anonymous?  (Read 964 times)
KimJungUn

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:17:45 PM

The public rich list and the fact that 99% of coins are held by the top 1000 (which is insane even by other crypto standards) are the reasons I sold my 1k xSpec when it dipped under 5 usd (to 4.5).  Won't be buying back in either unless some serious redistribution occurs.

Here's a look:
BitCloud
Code:
Top 1000	17,793,525 BTDX	99.97 %

XSPEC BELONGS HERE

BitSend
Code:
Top 1000	17,694,339 BSD	98.68 %

VeriCoin
Code:
Top 1000	30,210,364 VRC	98.25 %

Diamond
Code:
Top 1000	2,553,961 DMD	97.71 %

ColossusCoinXT
Code:
Top 1000	10,274,349,647 COLX  95.46 %

Groestlcoin
Code:
Top 1000	65,925,525 GRS	95.17 %

Particl
Code:
Top 1000	6,307,307 PART	94.52 %

BlackCoin
Code:
Top 1000	68,873,192 BLK	89.89 %

Stratis
Code:
Top 1000	87,350,923 STRAT	88.49 %

DigiByte
Code:
Top 1000	8,036,828,910 DGB	82.58 %

PURA
Code:
Top 1000	144,559,209 PURA	80.62 %

Litecoin - First edition = October 12, 2011 (The project is more than 6 years old !!!)
Code:
Top 1000	36,097,870 LTC	65.79 %

In general, it is necessary to understand that PoW projects - miners create new wallets during extraction.
PoS projects - store all your money in one purse to get more booty !!
Therefore, all POS-projects have a small number of wallets.

Are you really trying to compare XSPEC bag holders to those coins?  The coins that have over 70% are SCAMS, it only takes a few seconds to research those other coins.  If you're trying to group those coins in with XSPEC, you're a scammer.

It's #2 on that list, any person can see that what's below are also scam coins that only benefit a few.  I can't believe 99% are held by the top 1000.  That is fucking incredible and a huge verification that XSPEC = SCAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:19:11 PM

Simple, anonymity in Monero the most fungible and untraceable crypto coin in existence is achieved with with 4 things:

1. Ring signatures, that hide the output being used by hiding it among several others that also appear to be used. NOTE: this is very different than mixing.

2. Stealth addresses, that removes the association between outputs and addresses.

3. RingCT, that is basically a confidential transactions that works with a ring signatures.  (Updated with Bulletproofs in 2018)

4. Kovri, that hides the IP for the transaction broadcast. This data is never stored on-chain, but it can help protect users from malicious nodes.  ( Updated in 2018)

But even with all that Monero is still work in progress and research and adds new innovations to always stray ahead of blockchain analysis.

To add some to how much development there is in Monero and how many people work on Monero check out this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K33PoKM7vOM
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:44:22 PM

For all that I read, news, tech, and my friends... In my opinion:
Spectrecoin
Zcash

Spectre coin is new one and before that monero is the most privacy one and its the first privacy coin.
However, really privacy or not, it dose not matter for me because i domt use the crypto for something else. I only use cryptocurrency for investment amd i hope my capital can grow enough.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
SCAR_8

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:00:06 PM

XSPEC is a scam coin.  The only people you'll see pushing it are people speaking broken english.  There's a reason for that, and that's because they are attempting a "get rich quick scheme" that seems to be prevalent in crypto now.

Hence: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xspec/

Public richlist, Largest wallets are all visible.  =  Not private.

In the future if they can fix those things, then maybe we can have the discussion if it can have the privacy features that coins had in 2014.

hahaha XSPEC is definitely not a scam. And if you have read anything about the coin you would know that and know that it will be completely private soon and has more features than most any other privacy coin. Like stealth staking. I can't wait for that. There is a lot of work going into XSPEC it will be one of the top contenders for privacy in a year or so.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Riten

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:45:31 PM

Please take a look at the Deeponion. It's not fully anonymous, but it will be with Deepsend option and TOR integration.
Very nice coin and aggressive community lol
signaturecoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:51:26 PM

So.. all this theatre was just to promote your ponzi coin called Spectrecoin? Gosh.. all those shill paid guys are very creative nowadays..
No one is using that coin, it was suddenly on the top 350 and now it is below the top 500. What happened mate? the team doesn't have any other ideas to shill it?
George_de_la_jungla

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:22:59 PM

So.. all this theatre was just to promote your ponzi coin called Spectrecoin? Gosh.. all those shill paid guys are very creative nowadays..
No one is using that coin, it was suddenly on the top 350 and now it is below the top 500. What happened mate? the team doesn't have any other ideas to shill it?

Bellow 500? Sure? 244, it has been ~180. Im not paid for no one. Are you crazy?
AlexeyB (OP)

Activity: 169
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:22:07 PM

Did you notice that no one has ever written their addresses of other coins, except for Monero and Spectrecoin?
If your coins are truly privacy, you need not be afraid to write your addresses.

What about the other coins?
- PIVX: ZKP (zPIVX), Multi-sig, PoS 3.0, $450 M - market cap
- Particl: RingCT, Multi-sig, Atomic-swap, Staking quantum resistance, PPos, $200 M - market cap, low for this tech
- Komodo: ZKP (Zerocash, zkSNARKS), Atomic-swap, $600 M - market cap
- Zclassic: ZKP (Zerocash, zkSNARKS), non-mix-masternodes, optional Tor,  $320 M - market cap
- ZenCash: ZKP (Zerocash, zkSNARKS), TLS-non-mix-masternodes, optional Tor, $100 M - market cap, low for this tech
- Zoin: ZKP (Zerocoin), $23 M - market cap

https://hsto.org/webt/ff/fd/c5/fffdc5rsimcwozv65u9v21wwhyo.png
JW9494

Activity: 178
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:12:12 AM

ZCash..
Eventually Hush, Zoin or Zerocoin...
XZC is okay..

ZSnarks is a head above all else...
Hence, Bitcoin Private ... I think it'll be big
vovannovig2

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:32:05 PM

I analyze a lot, I seek information.
But every day I'm more and more convinced that I have chosen the right project!
XSPEC is the best anonymous project for me, I like that I can hide my physical address and all my operations.
deepcoreotc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:38:58 PM

for me if you have enough skill any coin can be anonymous. Cheesy

Lmao, I don't think so. Bitcoin scrambler won't help you Cheesy
iwishicouldfly

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:09:38 PM

Not really convinced of xSpec, tiny development team.  One or two people.  Who were extremely inactive over a long period of time (look at commits to source repository on github).  Top 1,000 addresses own 99% of the coin.  So yeah, whales abound.  Had thousands of it at one point but the longer things go on the more I believe it's a shilled ponzi scheme.  There are better alternatives out there and likely will be better solutions in the future. 
cj_tip

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:18:38 PM

Just wanted to say original post did a great job, love the style of the chart.  Easy to read / understand. Hopefully we can add more coins to the chart to make it even more comprehensive.
vovannovig2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:06:57 PM

Not really convinced of xSpec, tiny development team.  One or two people.  Who were extremely inactive over a long period of time (look at commits to source repository on github).
https://github.com/spectrecoin/spectre/releases - jbg released this 8 days ago  Grin
The guys are all easy to check - https://altcoinwiki.org/en/SpectreCoin

History

SpectreCoin was created in 2016 to improve on the concept of ShadowCash (SDC). The ICO took place starting Nov 20, 2016, until Jan 8, 2017. The goal was to add Tor integration to the ShadowCash codebase, and further extend the concept of an anonymous currency to target remittances via a mobile application, using a system inspired by Hawala. To release the ICO funds through an escrow, the Tor integration part was completed and submitted a few days after the ICO had ended.

Unfortunately, only few funds could be acquired during ICO, totaling to ~17 BTC (~16,000 USD at that time). The reason for this was unclear, part of it could be a bad timing and some people calling it a scam or "ShadowCash clone" repeatedly. Still as planned, the entirety of 20 Mio. XSPEC was proportionally distributed to the participating investors, resulting in an astonishing ICO price of only 83 sat on average (most investors paid more like 90 sat per coin, due to a bonus system to benefit early birds during ICO). As soon as the Tor integration was submitted and the coin was listed on exchanges, it was traded at a more realistic price of 1000-2000 sat, leading to a very high initial return for ICO investors. A large portion of the money acquired through the ICO was immediately spent on paying the contracted developers for their initial development work.

Since April 2017, the ShadowCash project has been abandoned for a new project of the ShadowCash developers called Particl, which ultimately stopped the accusations of SpectreCoin being a ShadowCash clone.

During summer 2017, SpectreCoin founder mandica started facing serious health issues and finally handed over the project leadership to lead developer jbg, who is now developing the coin.

Aug 9, 2017, SpectreCoin version 1.3.0 was released by jbg. This update fixed a lot of issues in the old codebase, updated Tor, included a 32-bit binary for Windows and added support for the OBFS4 obfuscation protocol. Also, a new website was created on https://spectreproject.io/ with updated information and a new, clean design to display the philosophy of the new project leadership.

From Aug 20 to Aug 25, 2017, the community raised ~37,500 XSPEC and 1 BTC (which was about ~$4000 USD at that time) to fund development, which allowed jbg to quit his job and work as a full-time developer for SpectreCoin.

Sept 10, 2017, an ex-colleague of jbg, @brycel, joined the project as a cryptographer in order to improve the stealth transaction mechanism, so that it could be used as the default transaction mechanism in future versions. Brycel was initially paid by Mandica from her own pocket to work for 1 month.

Sept 11, 2017, wallet version 1.3.1 was released by jbg, which addressed a visual bug in previous wallet versions that had become known as the infamous zero-balance bug, because it made the users balance appear as zero. Furthermore, this release was the first to include a binary for Apple MacOS. A change to the stealth transaction mechanism was introduced so that the wallet allows for non-anonymous ring signatures with only 1 or 2 members. The reason for this was that at that stage, the network often did not have enough participants for ring signatures to do a full ring signature transaction. On the same day, version 1.3.2 was released that fixed a minor bug in version 1.3.1.

Sept 12, 2017, version 1.3.3 was released, which fixes some further GUI issues, and brings faster wallet startup and sync performance.

During October 2017, the community raised additional funding for Brycel so that he could continue working on the project.

Wallet version 1.3.4 with an updated Tor version, updated node list and a new "staking reward donation system" was to be released on Jan 8, 2018, but got delayed due to a leveldb transition issue and a Qt4 bug on Windows. The decision was made to skip 1.3.4 and instead port the wallet to Qt5, which would become version 1.3.5.

Jan 16, 2018, wallet version 1.3.5 got released. With this release, a new project funding mechanism was introduced, that allows users to donate a certain percentage of their staking rewards to the developers of Spectrecoin. The donation is probabilistic, and by default 5% of the staking rewards are donated, which means that on average, every 20th staking reward will be accounted to the official donation address instead of the user's address. By donating up to 100% of their staking rewards, users can decide to financially support the development team on an ongoing basis, in order for them to be able to grow the team and hire additional full-time developers.

SCAR_8

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:16:03 AM

Very informative write up on XSPEC history vovannovig2. Thank you for all that, I knew some of that but not all. Should clear up SOME of the FUD about this great coin. It's headed towards the top!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
vovannovig2

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:15:42 AM

Very informative write up on XSPEC history vovannovig2. Thank you for all that, I knew some of that but not all. Should clear up SOME of the FUD about this great coin. It's headed towards the top!
I copied the story from the site. A source - https://altcoinwiki.org/en/SpectreCoin

All the necessary information about the project is freely available, the developer answers questions in the SLACK, a friendly community.
Inkognito222

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:51:07 AM

Spectrecoin (XSPEC) really best privacy coin
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:55:26 AM
Merited by grchina (24)

Monero Monero and Monero, if anyone says they have better privacy than this they are lying. Look up the info on Monero and you will see that the FBI are scared of it because the privacy is just that good. Zcash i wouldnt touch with a barge pole, PIVX is a dash clone, Dash is just a giant scam too.

Monero - the only coin that is for the people and completely private
Wladestaucs

Activity: 30

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:54:29 AM

For anyone saying Spectrecoin (Xspec) is a scam, I say go right on ahead and keep spreading that FUD. The weak hands will believe you and dump their coins, and I'll be waiting to pick up those cheap coins. So keep saying Xspec is a scam, because you're going to make me even richer when its 50% of XMR's market cap!

Xspec is very inexpensive compared to Monero, and both are neck and neck in terms of privacy and anonymity capability.

I don't hate on XMR. I never would. It is simply great.
Same reason I don't hate on Xspec. Tech is right there. But at a massive discount to XMR.

But hey, keep FUD'n, and I'll keep stackin'
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:21:32 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2018, 10:03:59 PM by Febo

Xspec is very inexpensive compared to Monero, and both are neck and neck in terms of privacy and anonymity capability.

That is totally not true.  What on earth are you talking about. Who have same level of anonymity as Monero?   Do I need to paste what i wrote up once again? What in Monero do what. OK just for you:

Simple, anonymity in Monero the most fungible and untraceable crypto coin in existence is achieved with with 4 things:

1. Ring signatures, that hide the output being used by hiding it among several others that also appear to be used. NOTE: this is very different than mixing.

2. Stealth addresses, that removes the association between outputs and addresses.

3. RingCT, that is basically a confidential transactions that works with a ring signatures.  (Updated with Bulletproofs in 2018)

4. Kovri, that hides the IP for the transaction broadcast. This data is never stored on-chain, but it can help protect users from malicious nodes.  ( Updated in 2018)

But even with all that Monero is still work in progress and research and adds new innovations to always stray ahead of blockchain analysis.

To add some to how much development there is in Monero and how many people work on Monero check out this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K33PoKM7vOM

Now explain me how is each thing solved in the other coin so is par to Monero.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: