Bitcoin Forum
October 20, 2024, 01:00:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: value of ETH  (Read 138 times)
sv624 (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:45:26 AM

Hi All,

I understand ETH is a platform and tons of new startups are coming up based on ERC20.
It is open source, right? How do they make money (err revenue)? I don't understand how it is valued.
Like bitcoin is being used as a stored value, like gold.
Why would ETH go up from here? what would be the catalysts or triggers?
Also, are there any competitors coming up in the horizon?

Thanks in advance
sv624 (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:31:10 PM

Any thoughts?
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:37:24 PM

Do you mean how Ethereum developers make money off or how ICO developers are making money?

If you meant to Ethereum developers, it's the same as bitcoin, they don't directly make money from developing new features for the Ethereum network, but I believe that they do own Ethereum tokens and they will benefit from the price going up(the more success the network will achieve, the more Ethereum tokens will increase in price).

If you meant for ICO developers, they make their money from selling the ICO tokens( they make new tokens, and sell them for people that want to invest in the project).

beskid

Activity: 252
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:40:07 PM

Now we see the emergence of a large number of new projects based on the Etherium platform, all actions of such plan are widely covered on news resources of the appropriate profile.  The more news, the more people learn about this currency, it begins to be interested in it, and this, of course, leads to an increase in the rate itself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: