Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:24:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recently I've taken a liking to ICO's. So I've decided to share my results.  (Read 656 times)
llordic

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:35:06 PM

I was addicted too sometimes Grin
I'm got out of it after some unsuccessful investments Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aoirayn (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:49:02 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 10:00:58 PM by Aoirayn

I was addicted too sometimes Grin
I'm got out of it after some unsuccessful investments Grin

That's unfortunate. Might I ask what you invested in?

Oh, and I've changed the OP a bit again, just to point out certain things about my investments in ICO.
And I've noticed many of you comment about my title. So I changed it too.
Addiction is not a word one should be using casually, so I decided to remove it.
Being addicted to something is a concerning and sad thing, I didn't mean to offend anyone that is or has a friend who has a serious addiction.
RieraMusic

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:54:40 AM

Icos are very good but we have to know how to differentiate beetween a good project and a scam. If you invest at the beggining you will make for sure tons of money. I will invest on any good project I see on 2018 and use the money from mining and past ICOS earnings to reinvest.  Cool

█ ▌        Vice Industry// The Revolutionary Adult Cryptocurrency        ▐ █ (https://vicetoken.com/)
Aoirayn (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:18:25 PM

Icos are very good but we have to know how to differentiate beetween a good project and a scam. If you invest at the beggining you will make for sure tons of money. I will invest on any good project I see on 2018 and use the money from mining and past ICOS earnings to reinvest.  Cool

Yeah that's what I'm gonna do as well, reinvest my earnings (or losses) from the ICO's I participate in and reinvest them in good ICO's this year.
It's becoming hard to tell which ICO are good and which are bad, because it's pretty easy to make it look professional nowadays.
Also they can copy from an old ICO and it'll be hard to notice.
Aoirayn (OP)

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:18:14 AM

So after Gems announced how they are handling their ICO, I'm gonna pull out of that mess.
I won't criticize anyone participating, but I'm not touching an ICO that runs a Dutch auction of only 25% of total tokens.

I guess this is a prime example of an ICO that looks really great, and then takes a giant turd.
Instead I'll allocate more ETH into other upcoming ICO's Smiley
Azzhan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:34:12 AM

FortKnoxster is a great investment, and it looks promising, but the project is not hot enough and may require further marketing.
You can look at other recent ICO projects, DADI, experty.io,wepower.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:17:27 AM

Invested:

Adbank 2 Eth [Eth rate = $1,448] (60,000 ADB)
Invested: $2,896

HOQU 2.7 Eth [Eth rate = $1,075] (15,075 HQX)
Invested: $2,903

FortKnoxster 1 Eth [Eth rate = $1,295] (6,799 FKX)
Invested: $1,295

Have I made any good choices? Any bad choices?
Have a tip on an ICO that I should invest in?
I already reviewed these ICO's project as what i have read on their platform it is very interesting and promising project.
As what you've said invested on ICO's project is so risky we don't know how it they run their project or they abandon if they hit the target fund in their project when it is field. So, good luck to you my friend so far as what have you invested now was really interesting and have promising to the investor.
If you want more just try Aida services they are live now. Grin

Aoirayn (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:13:34 AM

I have decided to not invest into Arcblock and Gems. You will find my reasons in the OP.
These are my thoughts of them. If you disagree, that is fine. I can very well be wrong.

I've learned a lot the past couples of weeks looking at ICO's.
I'm sure I still make mistakes, and we will see in a year if I made any good / bad choices.
Only time can tell. But for now I'm threading carefully. Potential is everywhere. You only need to spot them before it's too late.
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 06:54:53 PM

with different source of message from developer and liaison future investors to gains information as defining use of spare with the funds to put with the table of exchange with the market.

popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:25:06 AM

I would argue with those who are very excited about ICOs and the benefits these projects give. Yes, it will be the best investment if you really find the right and honest company, but a newbie can make a mistake in 99%! You must be very careful picking an ICO.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:43:13 PM

ICO is risk. You can invest big money and have small return also it can be to invest small amount of money or coins (mostly BTC and ETH) and have huge return. Mostly ICOs are gamble with right one picked you will gain huge interest and opposite if you made mistake.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

number37

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:46:44 PM

I observe many ICO, I select qualitatively and here is my conclusion: in 50% of cases after entering the exchange you can buy coins cheaper than they were on the ICO
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:59:58 PM

Recently I've stumbled across a couple of ICO's
And I'm falling in love with too many of them..

So far I've participated in:

Adbank (2 Eth)
HOQU (2.7 Eth)
FortKnoxtser (1 Eth)

And I'm (maybe) planning to participate in:
LiveStars (1.5 Eth)
Dadi (2.5 Eth)
Current (1.5 Eth)

I haven't even made any returns yet, as none of the ICO's I've participated in have sent the tokens yet (due to them recently being done).
But I will update this thread later how my returns were.

What do you guys think of this?
Have I made good choices? Bad choices?
all of them seems good but you miss many big ico such as titanium . investing in ico is addicting and its good way to invest to earn big profit. but becarefull of scam.
yes everyone likes ICO, and they missed a good ICO and invested in it, and this is the right way to make big profits. so far I also participate in many ICO, I think it will be profitable in the future.

rudito

Activity: 275

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 03:07:44 PM

EDIT: Investing in ICO are HIGHLY RISKY.
I'm not trying to encourage anyone else to invest in ICO's.
Please research for yourself and make your own decision.
I am currently only investing what I've gained in cryptocurrency.
I would never risk gambling what I can't afford to lose. And you shouldn't either.

The year is 2018, and I believe this will be the biggest year so far for cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
Bitcoin, Ethereum and other altcoins are getting exposure like never seen before.
A lot of people want to jump on the bandwagon, a lot of companies and people want to adopt this technology.

That's why I strongly believe that the good ICO's of 2018 will bring fortunes for many people.
And so starts my experiment. I will invest in a series of ICO's and post my results here.
My plan is to HODL for as long as I can handle. I might cash out earlier than planned if there's a huge gain.

I will update this thread of my returns on each and every ICO.
Below you will find my current status.
(Eth rate = Ethereum/USD rate at the time of investing)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invested

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Planning to invest

Dadi [1-3 Eth] ICO launch: Jan 29th.

Not sure, maybe investing

LiveStars ICO launch: LIVE.

Lympo ICO launch: LIVE.

Medicalchain ICO launch: Feb 1st.

Current ICO launch: Feb 7th.

Nucleus Vision ICO launch: TBA.

Decided to NOT invest

Gems - My reason: Less than a week ahead of sale they announced they are only selling 25% of the total supply in the ICO.
Also, they ICO will be going with a Dutch auction model, which means the hard-cap will essentially be decided by how fast the tokens sell out.
This, combined with the huge amount of investors will mean that the initial market-cap will probably be very huge.
What prevents the team from not selling some of their 75% tokens if they could earn hundreds of millions of dollars in doing so?
This would push the price per token to below ICO price most likely.
All companies essentially want money in the end, that's the purpose of starting a company.
I wouldn't trust Gems to be 100% faithful. We ARE talking about random people on the internet. Not everyone is a saint.

Arcblock My reason: After more research I felt that I had to abandon this ICO. They claim partnerships which they don't have,
numerous people getting kicked from telegram after asking legit questions. Very small team, no media links, just icons on website.
Also, they claim to be blockchain 3.0, but they don't actually have a product, and will sell ERC-20 tokens.
Which you will be able to trade against the real product later. There's too many things that could go wrong with that.

I too, I have participated in several ICOs and I have benefited from it. For me ICO becomes a very profitable alternative work.
leppyj

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:57:58 PM

EDIT: Investing in ICO are HIGHLY RISKY.
I'm not trying to encourage anyone else to invest in ICO's.
Please research for yourself and make your own decision.
I am currently only investing what I've gained in cryptocurrency.
I would never risk gambling what I can't afford to lose. And you shouldn't either.

The year is 2018, and I believe this will be the biggest year so far for cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
Bitcoin, Ethereum and other altcoins are getting exposure like never seen before.
A lot of people want to jump on the bandwagon, a lot of companies and people want to adopt this technology.

That's why I strongly believe that the good ICO's of 2018 will bring fortunes for many people.
And so starts my experiment. I will invest in a series of ICO's and post my results here.
My plan is to HODL for as long as I can handle. I might cash out earlier than planned if there's a huge gain.

I will update this thread of my returns on each and every ICO.
Below you will find my current status.
(Eth rate = Ethereum/USD rate at the time of investing)

Invested

Planning to invest

Dadi [1-3 Eth] ICO launch: Jan 29th.

Not sure, maybe investing

LiveStars ICO launch: LIVE.

Lympo ICO launch: LIVE.

Medicalchain ICO launch: Feb 1st.

Current ICO launch: Feb 7th.

Nucleus Vision ICO launch: TBA.

Decided to NOT invest

Gems - My reason: Less than a week ahead of sale they announced they are only selling 25% of the total supply in the ICO.
Also, they ICO will be going with a Dutch auction model, which means the hard-cap will essentially be decided by how fast the tokens sell out.
This, combined with the huge amount of investors will mean that the initial market-cap will probably be very huge.
What prevents the team from not selling some of their 75% tokens if they could earn hundreds of millions of dollars in doing so?
This would push the price per token to below ICO price most likely.
All companies essentially want money in the end, that's the purpose of starting a company.
I wouldn't trust Gems to be 100% faithful. We ARE talking about random people on the internet. Not everyone is a saint.

Arcblock My reason: After more research I felt that I had to abandon this ICO. They claim partnerships which they don't have,
numerous people getting kicked from telegram after asking legit questions. Very small team, no media links, just icons on website.
Also, they claim to be blockchain 3.0, but they don't actually have a product, and will sell ERC-20 tokens.
Which you will be able to trade against the real product later. There's too many things that could go wrong with that.

Add E-CHAT to your list its an ICO of a coin that has a real life  use case they are in the  3rd stage of ICO check it out at https://ico.echat.io
mrspumpkin

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:15:56 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 09:45:25 PM by mrspumpkin

From your list I see 2 good projects: Current and Medicalchain
They both have a good rating on many of the ICO-trackers. And their telegram channels have a large number of participants and activity
Aoirayn (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:27:37 AM
Last edit: January 29, 2018, 08:24:23 AM by Aoirayn

From your list I see 2 good projects: Current and Medicalchain
They both have a good rating on many of the ICO-trackers. And their telegram channels have a large number of participants and activity
http://i66.tinypic.com/2nb9eh0.jpg

Thanks for this, I've looked at it.
A small part of me wants to invest, and a small part of me don't.
Since they are only selling 50% of the tokens.

It's giving me the same vibe as Gems, only selling 25% of the tokens.

Just because something looks nice on the website, and they have a lot of telegram users doesn't mean it's gonna succeed.
It's just good marketing and has usually got something to do with referrals or pre-sale bonuses or pre-sale tasks to earn free stuff.
Everyone loves free stuff. But freebies are also usually dumped pretty hard.

Still, I have decided to join the token sale. Overall the product looks good.

Also, I'm running a bit short on ETH atm, and I'm having trouble getting enough to invest into Dadi tomorrow.
I could sell some coins, but I have faith in too many of them.
My biggest coin in my portfolio is XRB, and there's no way I'm selling a single coin of that with so many good things coming for it in the upcoming weeks.
Aoirayn (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:16:49 PM

I just sold some coins and invested in DADI.
Wow what a ride!

Even though this ICO had a personal hard cap of $5,000,
and had a total hard cap of $25,000,000, it sold out in less than an hour! That is insane!

First of all, the site crashed and I was unable to access the contract address.
After waiting for the site to respond (after about 15 minutes) I got the address and prepared to send my 2 ETH.

I put in the maximum gwei allowed (99), and 200,000 maximum gas.
After 10 minutes it got confirmed, and it had used up 134,800 gas. Phew! That was a bit sweaty.
I got nervous that it would run out of gas, but it turned out OK.

At the time of writing, the contact address has received more than 30,000 transactions. and it's still increasing at a rapid pace.
But after about 15,000 transactions, it started rejecting the transactions due to already reaching the hard cap.
They have already announced on twitter and telegram and their homepage that it's sold out, but people are still desperately trying to invest.
I'm relieved that it rejects the transactions, but it's still a lot of gas being used.

This is really insane, considering the personal hard cap.
I believe this token will skyrocket once it reaches exchanges. I am heavily excited for this.
mrspumpkin

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:46:13 PM

I just sold some coins and invested in DADI.
Wow what a ride!

Even though this ICO had a personal hard cap of $5,000,
and had a total hard cap of $25,000,000, it sold out in less than an hour! That is insane!

First of all, the site crashed and I was unable to access the contract address.
After waiting for the site to respond (after about 15 minutes) I got the address and prepared to send my 2 ETH.

I put in the maximum gwei allowed (99), and 200,000 maximum gas.
After 10 minutes it got confirmed, and it had used up 134,800 gas. Phew! That was a bit sweaty.
I got nervous that it would run out of gas, but it turned out OK.

At the time of writing, the contact address has received more than 30,000 transactions. and it's still increasing at a rapid pace.
But after about 15,000 transactions, it started rejecting the transactions due to already reaching the hard cap.
They have already announced on twitter and telegram and their homepage that it's sold out, but people are still desperately trying to invest.
I'm relieved that it rejects the transactions, but it's still a lot of gas being used.

This is really insane, considering the personal hard cap.
I believe this token will skyrocket once it reaches exchanges. I am heavily excited for this.
Wow! Shocked This was a hot trip. There is a regularity that the harder it is to buy tokens during a crowdsale, the more likely it will give you the best ROI. I hope you will also have
Miz

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:10:15 PM

I think your choice is very good but you need to expand your cryptocurrency portfolio so that there was at least 10-15 altcoins. Risk diversification is very important.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: