Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:16:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining With a Rx480 19mh Ethereum/Sgminer problems  (Read 137 times)
Tubsie (OP)

Activity: 102
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:53:36 AM

Im trying to mine Ethereum with my Rx480, and im only getting 19mh when i cranked up the memory to 2250mhz and the core to 1350hz.
And 17mh when i dont overclock it with msi afterburner.

Now ive read about these bios flashes i can use to invrease the mh to 29-34 and that sounds really nice ofc, but ive also read that it will void warrenty.
Is it a safe way to flash the bios to another bios, and if i do that can i still play games normally??

And im using Claymore's dual miner with this batfile:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool -ewal -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10

Is there anything in the settings maybe to crank it up more?

Oke on to my next question, I was trying to mine Digicash a just released x11 algorithm coin.
Now i tried downloading 3 miners cg, sg and bfgminer.

Cg miner my pc wouldnt even start anymore because it thought it was a virus.
Sgminer, I startup and fill in the pool and username but it wont connect to the pool somehow, and when i try to create the batfile it opens cmd and closes it again.
Bfgminer same thing cant even open it will launch cmd and closes it right away again.

Hope you can help me guys  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
the_electronrancher

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:35:47 AM

You want to ask your question in the altcoin forum.

But yes, you can use atiflash to program a new bios, but I strongly suggest you first use atiflash to make a copy of the stock bios.  Or find the stock bios file online and keep a copy of it.  If you brick your card you can just reflash it, even using DOS if it's too f*kd to be recognized by windows.  I have never seen a bad flash cause a hard brick, I have always been able to recover even if I had to go lower than windows to do it.

So my suggestion is go ahead.  If you need warranty service flash it back to stock and send it back.  Read up, and make sure you understand each step - like if the program says "This file is not compatible, do you want to continue?".. Take it seriously, you are one click away from a brick if you guessed at a firmware and chose wrong.  The tool will happily flash anything that is compatible with your card, but you have to force it to flash something wrong.  My suggestion is not to force it to flash a questionable file.  Follow that advice and it should be smooth sailing.
Tubsie (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:11:30 AM

You want to ask your question in the altcoin forum.

But yes, you can use atiflash to program a new bios, but I strongly suggest you first use atiflash to make a copy of the stock bios.  Or find the stock bios file online and keep a copy of it.  If you brick your card you can just reflash it, even using DOS if it's too f*kd to be recognized by windows.  I have never seen a bad flash cause a hard brick, I have always been able to recover even if I had to go lower than windows to do it.

So my suggestion is go ahead.  If you need warranty service flash it back to stock and send it back.  Read up, and make sure you understand each step - like if the program says "This file is not compatible, do you want to continue?".. Take it seriously, you are one click away from a brick if you guessed at a firmware and chose wrong.  The tool will happily flash anything that is compatible with your card, but you have to force it to flash something wrong.  My suggestion is not to force it to flash a questionable file.  Follow that advice and it should be smooth sailing.

Okay thank you so much for the information, this is the kind of information I needed.
I didnt know I could make a backup of the bios and just simply restore it.
Because ive read somewhere you need a dual bios on ur gpu to even be able to do that?

But for sure tommorow i will try to flash the bios and will let u know here if i run it to any troubles or if i did it correctly  Grin
the_electronrancher

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:09:30 PM

Nope, you can back up or search a repository like this one to find a backup if you forgot.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

Tubsie (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:30:38 PM

Nope, you can back up or search a repository like this one to find a backup if you forgot.

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

Oke nice thank you mate, I just slept and left my pc mining ethereum.

These are the results for 1 night with the rx480:

And what I noticed is the best hour i got 22 shares and the worst hour i got only got 4.
Seems like im not getting a lot of accepted shares any reason for that?
Is it just the that so many people are mining it right now that the difficulty is way up?
the_electronrancher

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:19:29 PM

It does bounce around a bit depending on whether the card gets lucky or unlucky.  Your swings look a little bit big, but it's just one card so if the average is right (I'm not sure for that card) it should be fine.  Otherwise, check to make sure your router is not blocking the mining tool or otherwise interfering - I had one router that hated Ethos, blocked it entirely after 20 min.

yhhy

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:24:39 PM

You should try to flash your card, but be very careful since you can brake it. And you will loose your warrenty, i would suggest going to like youtube check a few videos to get a understanding of how it´s done.
Tubsie (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:37:10 AM

Ok I researched it some more and found out I have the worst memory u can get on the card from Samsung:(
I bought this card for gaming when it just came out so i have early edition I guess.

Well I also found out how to flash the card and im getting 21MH with Claymore miner now!!

Strange thing tho when I download the amd blockchain driver my claymore and eth miner both crash when loading the videocard.

And I keep reading about compute mode but when i look in my options it is not there.

So im wondering what can i do to crank this baby up some more?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: