Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:51:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STRIKE! UPDATE: STRIKE OVER  (Read 1761 times)
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:24:08 AM

Thanks. I've added more explanation in the main post.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
stas

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:36:14 AM

good:)

SlyWax

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:22:18 PM

FreeTrade I just saw your grant got refunded, and it's a good thing.

As a side effect, the Revolution-Pool lost his grant, witch is not a problem if it's for you.
But I see that in your OP edit you are grunting against people searching for interest payments grant,
witch may not be only directed at my grant-pool, but since it was the new one in the grant race...
I wish you would have been more phony against the 2 big unknown hoarders that are monopolizing the grants since mostly the start.

Anyway, my purpose with the grant pool was not to get the money, but stop those rich grant grabbers.
As a matter a fact, I started to vote for EFF charity &co, but seeing that they got so few votes, made me think how I could change that. I even voted for the "don't reset chainblock" grant even after it was finished, just to push it so it could remove the rich grabbers.

But then I thought well, I could fight greed with greed, so I created the Revolution-Pool so that even it's for pennies, people are motivated to vote for it (and since it's sharing, it's nice too).
And as you know it, it worked pretty well, in just 2 days it hit the grant line.
As a side effect, it kicked memorycoin fondation off the line (witch itself kicked you out to get in again)
and I was sad about it.
As another side effect, it made people to vote witch didn't have voted before, witch is nice on it's own.

For a conclusion :
For everybody to win we have all to get more votes than the two grant grabbers !
For that, we need to cross vote for each others (I already did that since the beginning by voting for you and all the legitimate grant as second choices)
And when more people votes and more useful grant are created, the pool will go out naturally.

As a side not :
All this is a lot of fun and interesting, and I hope this will induce people to vote and take part in the life of the coin, and discover this "new" way of voting and hopefully understand it.
maxocoin

Activity: 102
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:29:37 PM

Hi,

I still don't fully understand how to vote, is it just mater of sending some coins to a specific grant address?

Cheers
 MC

As a side effect, the Revolution-Pool lost his grant, witch is not a problem if it's for you.
But I see that in your OP edit you are grunting against people searching for interest payments grant,
witch may not be only directed at my grant-pool, but since it was the new one in the grant race...
I wish you would have been more phony against the 2 big unknown hoarders that are monopolizing the grants since mostly the start.

Anyway, my purpose with the grant pool was not to get the money, but stop those rich grant grabbers.
As a matter a fact, I started to vote for EFF charity &co, but seeing that they got so few votes, made me think how I could change that. I even voted for the "don't reset chainblock" grant even after it was finished, just to push it so it could remove the rich grabbers.

But then I thought well, I could fight greed with greed, so I created the Revolution-Pool so that even it's for pennies, people are motivated to vote for it (and since it's sharing, it's nice too).
And as you know it, it worked pretty well, in just 2 days it hit the grant line.
As a side effect, it kicked memorycoin fondation off the line (witch itself kicked you out to get in again)
and I was sad about it.
As another side effect, it made people to vote witch didn't have voted before, witch is nice on it's own.

For a conclusion :
For everybody to win we have all to get more votes than the two grant grabbers !
For that, we need to cross vote for each others (I already did that since the beginning by voting for you and all the legitimate grant as second choices)
And when more people votes and more useful grant are created, the pool will go out naturally.

As a side not :
All this is a lot of fun and interesting, and I hope this will induce people to vote and take part in the life of the coin, and discover this "new" way of voting and hopefully understand it.

21stcenturymoney

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 03:25:12 PM

Oh noes! My MemoryCoin grant has been defunded. I'm on strike.

Hi,
Without some context the reaction doesn't look like the most mature one....

OTOH, I really think that we need some kind of documentation about how those grants work and how to find out the options to vote and how to vote...

MC

Someone made a grant for that:   http://21stcenturymoneytalk.org/index.php/topic,40.0.html
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:42:47 PM

Sorry if you felt I was targeting you . . . I wasn't. Any grant trying to get funded is competing first and foremost with the grant with the least level of support.

Your pool is certainly an interesting development. It is a bit more worrying than the large holders voting for their own grants. They'll be dealt with by currency expansion . . as long as the coin grows, they can't hope to hold onto 17% of voting rights. However they're likely to join your fund if they can't secure a grant on their own. Your enemies will soon be your allies and co-operation means that your fund is very sustainable.

Yes, it's creating drama and helping people to engage with and understand the voting. That's a good thing. 76% of coins are voting at least one preference - that's a really good turnout, much higher than I expected.
I happen to think interest seeking is bad for the coin . . but in the spirit of Bitcoin I expect people to act in their perceived best interests. I don't expect to persuade people to do the 'right thing', I only try to persuade them to act in their enlightened self interest, rather than their immediate self interest.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: