Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:51:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Investing in SIAcoin? What YOU NEED to KNOW + Antminer A3 / Obelisk Tech SC1  (Read 626 times)
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 04:15:59 AM

Here are my thoughts on the recent SIAcoin / antminer a3 / obelisk tech sc1 development if anyones interested

Is Siacoin cryptocurrency a good investment after the recent drama that has transpired out of the recent release of the Bitmain Antminer A3, Obelisk Tech SC1, DragonMint B52 Blake2b Mine, and Baikalminer Giant B? SIA made a move to "secure" their blockchain by launching an additional company www.Obelisk.Tech which has their development team developing their own ASIC miner hardware the Obelisk SC1.

Sources
Dev's against Bitmain Antminer A3 - https://goo.gl/kx3zer
Dev's working on hardfork? - https://goo.gl/UmY8rQ
Community divided, some want softfork - https://goo.gl/LZQfL3
Bitmain Antminer A3 - https://goo.gl/Mbghcj
Obelisk Tech SC1 - https://goo.gl/HnMbGM

https://youtu.be/ADK6SUGfb6w

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:14:56 AM

Man that reddit page is full of anger. It's like watching Segwit vs Big Blocks all over again. Is it weird that I agree with both sides lol.

Vosk, I really envy you. That Tails is too damn cute, every time I see her I get mushy Cheesy I hope she's doing better.

"6 months away! Do you know how long that is? That's 1/2 a year. You probably knew that." <-- I fell off my chair laughing  Grin
CjMapope
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092

~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 06:21:18 AM

Obelisk has done nothing but talk
while they were talking (and taking money for their talk), Bitmain and Balkai put OUT miners

- They screwed buyers with BTC price, the YEAR lockup will cost SO much in BTC price rise, so ROI of your actual $ back = like 3 years, and they havent been RELEASED yet :/
- By the time they drop one, it will be HIGHLY inefficient, and their excuse is:  well "were gonna promise a 2-10x better one within 6 monthish after..."    -_-  thats reassuring
- Butterfly labs all over, by time its delivered, it will be ded.
- those who buy in HAND now direct have a chance, but thats it, havent people seen this over and over each new FPGA/ASIC? :/

oh well, i don't do preorders so i never threw my money away im happy for

~Got this girl in my bed, a roof over my head, i mint a couple coins a week, and thats how i make bread~
~On the 12th day of Hatzvah, OGminer said to me: "compute root of the merkle hash tree!"~
Prohashing  -- Simply the best Multipool!
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:27:27 AM

Thanks for the links - I knew the basics of the discussion but it was good to get a better picture from the dev's and the community about where its all at
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:41:48 AM

I thought this was going to be another stupid post in broken english, then I saw it was VoskCoin who created it.  Much respect man.  I got into GPU mining last June, and the first video of yours I watched was about the D3 and how high the difficulty was getting.  I bought the A3 the other night when it came out and it was the first asic I bought. I obviously expected overselling and rising difficulty, but could have never envisioned talk about a soft fork.  Anyways, thanks for the always unbiased opinion and advice, you tell it how it is.
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 04:06:41 PM

Man that reddit page is full of anger. It's like watching Segwit vs Big Blocks all over again. Is it weird that I agree with both sides lol.

Vosk, I really envy you. That Tails is too damn cute, every time I see her I get mushy Cheesy I hope she's doing better.

"6 months away! Do you know how long that is? That's 1/2 a year. You probably knew that." <-- I fell off my chair laughing  Grin

Haha yeah exactly it’s honestly crazy to see how much bitmain has shaken up their community by simply releasing a miner.

xD Tails is the best, she was a driving force of me into crypto so I could not work 10 hour night shifts and miss half her life + most days I’m the only caretaker and unfortunately leaves her bored alone or crated when I had to work. The recent crazy events in our lives shook everything up and now I am fortunate to be able to provide her a better life just need to get past this health issue.. appreciate the support though. The community has been so awesome through all of this.

Hahahaha that’s great Cheesy after I said that I thought .. I hope people think that’s funny or they’ll be like what an idiot lol

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 04:10:04 PM

while they were talking (and taking money for their talk), Bitmain and Balkai put OUT miners

- They screwed buyers with BTC price, the YEAR lockup will cost SO much in BTC price rise, so ROI of your actual $ back = like 3 years, and they havent been RELEASED yet :/
- By the time they drop one, it will be HIGHLY inefficient, and their excuse is:  well "were gonna promise a 2-10x better one within 6 monthish after..."    -_-  thats reassuring
- those who buy in HAND now direct have a chance, but thats it, havent people seen this over and over each new FPGA/ASIC? :/

Yeah I’m all for funding promising projects... but truthfully .. did SIA NEED an asic miner? They should thank bitmain then they did their work for them?

When I look at it from that POV... really makes me wonder the true motive? $$$$$$$$$?

As you said it wasn’t just $$$$ that is actually $$$$$ in BTC now and required zero work lol

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 07:11:12 PM

Thanks for the links - I knew the basics of the discussion but it was good to get a better picture from the dev's and the community about where its all at
Of course, glad I could help! I've been really surprised by how vocal their dev(s) have been and even the posts about their potential forking discussion and immediate response of one of their main dev's basically saying he's totally supportive of that fork

//I really can't get over their backdoor secret switch too. . very premeditated

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 07:13:26 PM

I thought this was going to be another stupid post in broken english, then I saw it was VoskCoin who created it.  Much respect man.  I got into GPU mining last June, and the first video of yours I watched was about the D3 and how high the difficulty was getting.  I bought the A3 the other night when it came out and it was the first asic I bought. I obviously expected overselling and rising difficulty, but could have never envisioned talk about a soft fork.  Anyways, thanks for the always unbiased opinion and advice, you tell it how it is.
haha that's incredible to hear man thank you for the support, seriously. Whats your gpu farm consist of and what are you mining?

Yeah I hope that this doesn't turn out to be d3 . . round 2, and I doubt bitmain would pull that stunt back to back however all this wild soft fork hard fork talk could easily screw a3 owners big time. . .

Glad you enjoy the content man, feedback like this keeps me going w/ the youtube! Anything you'd like to see covered in the future?

VyprBTC

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:14:41 PM

Personally I do hope they do it. Get rid of all the A3's.
PWillz

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:26:54 PM

I'm still new to all of this. Why would Obelisk tell everyone that ASICs are good for Siacoin and then suddenly change their tone? Sounds a lot like Obelisk is just upset that someone else is eating their lunch. They only want ASICs if they're the ones selling them.
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:35:55 PM

Great video Vosk. I wish Sia had some clear governance in place (thinking of Decred and its initiatives here). Community is a good thing, but unless you have governance figured out there is no good way of handling something like this.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:00:31 AM

did SIA NEED an asic miner? They should thank bitmain then they did their work for them?

You are missing the point here, sia devs released not to protect the network, they released because they are greedy, if they were not then sia would still be gpu only mining and for that I applaud Bitmain cause now it seems ASIC is common in the sia network and sia devs are freaking out cause they thought they would have only their asics around. As sia devs said they will hard fork their network, that tell us was never to protect the network, it was for their pockets only. The sia devs got what they wanted and hard forking will not help cause bitmain and the others can patch it. Sia network is done for and the lie about they wanted to protect the network is hilarious, and now bitmain and the others if they want, they can hack and kill the network and all ecosystem sia coin network was built. Sia devs cant compete with bitmain and if the worse comes to happen, bye bye siacoin.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 01:36:57 PM

did SIA NEED an asic miner? They should thank bitmain then they did their work for them?

You are missing the point here, sia devs released not to protect the network, they released because they are greedy, if they were not then sia would still be gpu only mining and for that I applaud Bitmain cause now it seems ASIC is common in the sia network and sia devs are freaking out cause they thought they would have only their asics around. As sia devs said they will hard fork their network, that tell us was never to protect the network, it was for their pockets only. The sia devs got what they wanted and hard forking will not help cause bitmain and the others can patch it. Sia network is done for and the lie about they wanted to protect the network is hilarious, and now bitmain and the others if they want, they can hack and kill the network and all ecosystem sia coin network was built. Sia devs cant compete with bitmain and if the worse comes to happen, bye bye siacoin.

I understand that and its why i've proposed that question Cheesy

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 01:38:49 PM

Is that fair though when they have such a vested interest in obelisk? What if X company makes another asic for their forked algo and they just fork it again to protect their obelisk venture?

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 01:39:56 PM

I'm still new to all of this. Why would Obelisk tell everyone that ASICs are good for Siacoin and then suddenly change their tone? Sounds a lot like Obelisk is just upset that someone else is eating their lunch. They only want ASICs if they're the ones selling them.

Sounds a lot like Obelisk is just upset that someone else is eating their lunch.

I lol'd at this - haha great way to put it xD

VoskCoin (OP)

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 01:41:01 PM

Great video Vosk. I wish Sia had some clear governance in place (thinking of Decred and its initiatives here). Community is a good thing, but unless you have governance figured out there is no good way of handling something like this.
Absolutely agree. . the real question then is. . does their decred ASIC have a bitmain kill switch built in too?!
Should we also expect a decred asic miner from bitmain here shortly?

Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:04:16 PM

Anything you'd like to see covered in the future?

Vosk I must admit I haven't watched every one of your vids yet but If I had to make a request (and if it hasn't been covered?) I'd like to know your methodology about balancing the "hobby" mining with the rest of your life. Do you work full time and use some of that fiat to purchase the GPU's/miners etc I noticed you've got a fair few miners now just wondering how you approach the whole thing ie are you converting the earnings back to fiat to expand more progressively?
dlezama

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:55:35 AM

Leaving this here for A3 owners, in case they are new to the Sia community: https://www.reddit.com/r/siacoin/comments/7slr57/something_stinks_in_the_world_of_a3s_and_mining/
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:02:04 AM

Well said , thats what I bee trying to tell people, youre giving $$ to a vaporware company that did not even have a freaking prototype then get mad
when they get beaten to the punch by true professionals ?

I hope this will be the last fucking 6 month + preorder we even see on these boards when all these idiots lose thier shirts. 

I cant even take pity on them because we have seem this damn movie before like 10 times so far
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: