Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:41:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin wallet is not safe  (Read 172 times)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:38:34 AM

Many people believe that electronic wallets are safe, but in fact, Bitcoin accounts and trading floors are frequently hacked.

As there is no regulatory body that guarantees a Bitcoin number to a person, it is very difficult to retrieve it if lost. If stolen, there is no hope. Such attacks are ongoing.

You are confusing two things:

1. bitcoin wallets
2. exchange wallets

Saving stuff on an exchange wallet is never recommended unless it is for trading. When you are done you should move it to your personal (preferably hardware) wallet as soon as possible.

Personal bitcoin wallets are only as safe as you make your system.
Toden1379

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:52:52 AM

A hardware wallet is as safe as you can get. I recommend that you get one if your are too concerned over the matter of reliable security. Nobody has guaranteed the absolute safety of any wallet. What you can do is choose the best one which is easier to maintain and harder to get hacked.

EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWOR      EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25       
        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││
leisha

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:09:54 AM

Many people believe that electronic wallets are safe, but in fact, Bitcoin accounts and trading floors are frequently hacked.

As there is no regulatory body that guarantees a Bitcoin number to a person, it is very difficult to retrieve it if lost. If stolen, there is no hope. Such attacks are ongoing.

It is true that most of Bitcoin wallets are not safe and once we lost a Bitcoin, we cannot retrieve a single one of it. Because it was decentralized, we can't blame someone else. We are the one that will take care of our Bitcoins so it was our responsibility to make our transactions safe and the blame will be on us once we lose some bitcoins. As a bitcoin enthusiast, I always make my moneys or my bitcoins in a safe place or sometimes I converted my bitcoins to fiat to prevent hacking.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:31:30 AM

Since Bitcoin is a decentralized platform, it puts the responsibility on the users to secure their money.  You should not trust any centralized authority such as an exchange to take care your money.  Those online exchanges and wallets are absolutely susceptible to hacking, just like anything you do online.  Therefore you must understand methods such as offline wallets to safeguard your coins. 
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:44:19 AM

Electronic wallets are not secure. We often hear about attacks and thefts. The safest are offline wallets.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:17:33 AM

It is a well established fact that online wallets are unsafe for storing large amounts of btc. The user can also choose to use hardware wallets--which tremendously increases security. But security of bitcoin really just boils down to how the user values its safety.

PS. don't store coins on exchanges.
armansolis593

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:24:32 AM

True, these kind of wallet is not literally safe to store bitcoin or any other coins, that why you dont have to put all your bitcoin in one wallet alone try to separate them or for added protection store all your bitcoin to an offline wallet.

If you are afraid that your bitcoin whos at the hands of a trading or web wallets might be hack then go offline wallet. Offline wallet are the safest when it comes to storing large amount of bitcoins.

This is why the government wants to regulate bitcoin, they want to protect the investors from such acts. The government cant push the owners to pay its user when things like this happen because its not regulated.
drew314

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:41:26 AM

In my own opinion, as of our technology today, everything in the internet can be hacked by any computer genius or something.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: