Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:04:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Negative trust given for my bad English  (Read 389 times)
Weaklies (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:27:46 AM

I am not a native English speaker. This user "The Pharmacist" give me negative trust rating for my bad English.

Here is his profile https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=487418

My profile now showing -2 and I did not do any exchange. Why some people do this type of things? What do they get from it?
DOLONCHAPA

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:28:23 AM

I think disappointed, she also to me Trust feedback, I think she did not consider anyone, 1st causes she gave Green trust from Lauda mam Cry Cry Cry
chaitanya31

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:40:34 AM

I think disappointed, she also to me Trust feedback, I think she did not consider anyone, 1st causes she gave Green trust from Lauda mam Cry Cry Cry
I respect the fact that not everyone speaks fluent English because perhaps it is not their native language, or even because it is something that they struggle with.
DOLONCHAPA

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:46:17 AM

I respect the fact that not everyone speaks fluent English because perhaps it is not their native language, or even because it is something that they struggle with.
I will respect all senior member and all person but very sad for this feedback  Cry Cry Cry
Weaklies (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:02:15 PM

I asked The Pharmacist to remove my negative trust. Waiting for his reply.

Also did some reading about these negative trust thing. Saw I am not the only one who is affected by it.

Also if somebody knows what id a "DT member" then please share. I googled but did not find anything except those 2 words.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1353

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:23:28 PM

I asked The Pharmacist to remove my negative trust. Waiting for his reply.

Also did some reading about these negative trust thing. Saw I am not the only one who is affected by it.

Also if somebody knows what id a "DT member" then please share. I googled but did not find anything except those 2 words.

You wouldn't find the definition of a DT member anywhere on Google, but to give you an idea, default trust members are users who are, by default, trusted by community members and don't have any ill-intention towards their co-members in a given community. Mainly, these people have done something good for the whole of the community that's why they're given such trust. And as I can see, the Pharmacist only leaves negative feedback on those who are scammers, shitposting and spreading FUD most of the time. You can PM him about it, though I doubt he'll reconsider your request unless he sees change.
ThreeForty

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:44:54 PM

Sorry to hear OP.  I jut got done responding to another person in a similar situation.  Community policing isn't a bad thing, but when someone takes it open them self to be the Paul Blart cause they are given a little "power" is silly.  Especially in the newbie section.  If you want to be critical of Jr/Sr members who are trying to raise their activity, I am all for that scrutiny.  Most newbies just want to become Jr so they can actively participate in campaigns.
Weaklies (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:30:50 PM

You wouldn't find the definition of a DT member anywhere on Google, but to give you an idea, default trust members are users who are, by default, trusted by community members and don't have any ill-intention towards their co-members in a given community. Mainly, these people have done something good for the whole of the community that's why they're given such trust. And as I can see, the Pharmacist only leaves negative feedback on those who are scammers, shitposting and spreading FUD most of the time. You can PM him about it, though I doubt he'll reconsider your request unless he sees change.

My English is bad and I accept that. Also he did not reply to my message. What can I do now to remove the red negative trust?

Sorry to hear OP.  I jut got done responding to another person in a similar situation.  Community policing isn't a bad thing, but when someone takes it open them self to be the Paul Blart cause they are given a little "power" is silly.  Especially in the newbie section.  If you want to be critical of Jr/Sr members who are trying to raise their activity, I am all for that scrutiny.  Most newbies just want to become Jr so they can actively participate in campaigns.

My English quality is bad. And I did not make lots of posts. Made few posts only and asked questions on the bounty campaign I participated.
HodorHodl

Activity: 84
Merit: 58

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:25:45 PM

Sorry to hear OP.  I jut got done responding to another person in a similar situation.  Community policing isn't a bad thing, but when someone takes it open them self to be the Paul Blart cause they are given a little "power" is silly.

I agree with this. Not having English as a first language doesn't make someone less useful to the Crypto community. The Pharmacist's recent actions are blatant racism - check his profile for comments like "Filipino shitposter"....I mean....wtf?

And yet people will blindly follow this without reading the trust comments, or the comments he tagged.

This is why the "trust" system on this website is just broken.

Especially in the newbie section.  If you want to be critical of Jr/Sr members who are trying to raise their activity, I am all for that scrutiny.  Most newbies just want to become Jr so they can actively participate in campaigns.

This part I must disagree with though. The newbie section is exactly the place you want to police, because it's the front door. Posting trash because you want to artificially raise an activity level is not a good motivation, and it doesn't engender trust that you will be useful in a campaign. Merely that you can meet a bare minimum daily number of posts.

HOWEVER.

Being this trigger happy and adding untrusted ratings to so many new users will by default drive out potentially valuable members of the community, and weaken the belief and trust in cryptocurrency and associated technologies. This is the biggest crypto forum in the world, and it's getting a reputation of being the unfriendliest. This won't help anyone.

The problem is that as long as aggressive and arrogant idiots like The Pharmacist are given "default trust" status, we'll get abuse of power. His recent actions on the newbie board prove this.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 10:23:40 PM

In recent days The Pharmacist is probably the most popular person on Bitcointalk Cheesy
I see that you admit that your English aren't good enough. So, best thing that you can do - post in local board of your language. I looked at your post history and I can say that I saw many worse posters than you. Maybe try to improve your English before posting in the main boards. If you will improve quality of your posts, then you may try to contact Pharmacist and ask to remove that negative trust.

HodorHodl

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:26:33 PM

In recent days The Pharmacist is probably the most popular person on Bitcointalk Cheesy
I see that you admit that your English aren't good enough. So, best thing that you can do - post in local board of your language. I looked at your post history and I can say that I saw many worse posters than you. Maybe try to improve your English before posting in the main boards. If you will improve quality of your posts, then you may try to contact Pharmacist and ask to remove that negative trust.

And if there is no board for that language?
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 11:22:25 PM

And if there is no board for that language?
You can look at Other languages and locations board https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=11.0
You can find some less active local communities here. If you still can't find your language, you may try to start thread for your country/language, offcourse, you can't expect big activity there and many other people from your country discussing there... And mostpy signature campaigns aren't paying for posts made in local boards.

godfredmanu

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:27:04 PM

I doubt bad english can give you negative trust. If it is so then why don't stick to your local board. Because a lot of french, spanish and deutsch speaking dudes are making it to higher ranks by sticking to their local language they understand best. so why dont you do like them.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
UzumakiSakuragi

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:41:04 PM

Sorry to hear that ,im also facing same  problem..but i will use it as my motivation;  everyone has to learn from  mistakes.give space for learning and  upgrade skills..

HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 06:55:37 PM

My profile now showing -2 and I did not do any exchange. Why some people do this type of things? What do they get from it?

Your profile is not showing a -2, it's not showing any score.

Negative trust is tricky, some people use it as a weapon when they get upset. Did you do something to upset The Pharmacist? If so, maybe you could talk to him and try to smooth things out.

People that give negative trust get nothing out of it.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 07:08:16 PM

My profile now showing -2 and I did not do any exchange.

No it's not.

http://dev.martinlawrence.ca/bpip/profile.aspx?p=Weaklies

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 2462

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 07:16:00 PM

It's really quite a difficult problem. This is an english forum, and it is very active. Ths means that one often has to scan through quite a lot of threads and posts. Unfortunately, if a poster doesn't have a reasonable command of english and its structure, it can slow down thread scanning quite a bit. Very often there isn't a clear message in the post, or it may not have a great deal of value. This is very disruptive of the boards.  My solution is to add the poster to my ignore list, which doesn't have much impact on his membership of here.

As has been suggested, it is better to show respect to the english speakers here, and to post in your local language board.

I found this in his profile

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
King Koopa

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:40:27 PM

If the review was strictly for that and nothing else, I think that is pretty ignorant of somebody. I'm in the US and find it quite disrespectful when I see teenagers or even adults making fun of the way somebody speaks. It's a self centered mentality...
HodorHodl

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:59:29 PM

To those necroing this thread.

Please be aware that this issue was discussed IN DETAIL (see the Meta forum), and the new system of Merit was introduced.

Whatever perceived injustice to the OP at that time, it has now been removed, and we should move with it - i.e. onwards.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: