Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:52:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kansas City Meetup - Tuesday, Sep. 10th, 5:30pm - Updated location  (Read 4066 times)
boozer (OP)

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 03:24:42 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2013, 09:37:13 PM by boozer

Going to have a small meet and greet in KC.  No agenda so far, just something to meet fellow bitcoiners.  The location is:

Tuesday, Sep. 10th, 5:30pm at
Sake Lounge
11953 S Strang Line Rd
Olathe, KS 66062

Reservation will be under (Bitcoin).  Just reply to this thread if plan to be there!

In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pontiacg5

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:25:26 PM

Dang, I'll be out of town the 10th. Hopefully the turnout is good so I have a chance to make another.

Anyone interested in helping me organize a Lawrence meetup?

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
boozer (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:50:43 PM

Dang, I'll be out of town the 10th. Hopefully the turnout is good so I have a chance to make another.

I can make it to Lawrence at some point.  Could help out a bit with organizing if needed.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:51:05 PM

Lawrence is pretty far for me but I might go if the date is okay.

Why on earth would you want to meet in lawrance when Manhattan is right down the road and has so much more to offer.  BTW, KSU football starts on friday!

Also I will check my calendar, but it would be fun to be there, especially since that is one of my favorite restaurants. Steak Frites FTW

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 09:10:51 PM

Why on earth would you want to meet in lawrance when Manhattan is right down the road and has so much more to offer.  BTW, KSU football starts on friday!

Also I will check my calendar, but it would be fun to be there, especially since that is one of my favorite restaurants. Steak Frites FTW

Split the difference and let's all go fishing at Perry State Park.
pontiacg5

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 09:29:48 PM

Split the difference and let's all go fishing at Perry State Park.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea at all!

I say we wait till after the 10th as to not steal KC's thunder, then plan on a meet somewhere ideal like Perry for Lawrence, Topeka, and Manhattan.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2013, 11:05:51 PM

I'm already making arrangements to be there.
boozer (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 09:01:16 PM

Hey everyone!

PM me if you are going to be able to make it to KC for this one. I know Goat is a yes, but not sure about anyone else...
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 07:33:44 AM

Hey everyone!

PM me if you are going to be able to make it to KC for this one. I know Goat is a yes, but not sure about anyone else...

I will be there. Will PM now.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 06:16:25 PM

This should create some more interest: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=288456.0
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 02:45:22 AM

How does everyone feel about sushi and chinese food?  There is a place in Olathe called Sake Lounge that has pretty damned good sushi and the rest of the menu is pretty good as well.  If you like Sake, they have like 23 different kinds.  I can probably get us a reserved area over in the bar/lounge side or the presentation/business meeting side or just the regular restaurant as well. Ignore their website, it's some template piece o' crap, the actual place is much nicer than the website would lead you to believe.

Personally, I'd prefer Sake over Gordon Biersch, especially if it's going to be noisy and rowdy.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:20:27 AM

If there's a Lawrence meetup, I may be interested in going, depending on my schedule.   Downtown noonish would be best.  I may be able to bring my coworker, too. (we work just off Mass)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 04:28:02 AM

How does everyone feel about sushi and chinese food?  There is a place in Olathe called Sake Lounge that has pretty damned good sushi and the rest of the menu is pretty good as well.  If you like Sake, they have like 23 different kinds.  I can probably get us a reserved area over in the bar/lounge side or the presentation/business meeting side or just the regular restaurant as well. Ignore their website, it's some template piece o' crap, the actual place is much nicer than the website would lead you to believe.

Personally, I'd prefer Sake over Gordon Biersch, especially if it's going to be noisy and rowdy.

I'm game wherever. Not into sushi or Sake, but Zhou Tong food is fine, especially the Yifu Duck with orange sauce.
boozer (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 05:40:22 AM

Isn't Bitcoin all about getting noisy and rowdy! lol... j/k   I have no attachment to Gordon Biersch.  I like beer over sake... but sushi over about anything... so either place is fine with me.  Only advantage a noisy place has is if you are all assholes I can ignore you easier  Shocked lmao
boozer (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 04:56:26 PM

Inaba, seems people don't care to much.  Since there is just the 4-5 confirmed (you, Gage, Goat, myself, a 5th you said might come with you) I think it would be okay to move it as notifying everyone shouldn't be hard, lol.  I'll leave the final decision up to you.  If you want to make reservations etc. at that lounge, just let us know and I'll update the first post with the new location. 
candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:00:48 PM

Sushi yumm!
Why dont you guys come to germany? We can have brezels and bratwurst

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 05:04:33 PM

Wow, I woulda missed this thread if someone hadn't linked it!  I'll be in KC that day and I love sushi!  Tell the restaurant not to run out of wasabi!!!!!

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 08:38:58 PM

I will set it up.  I'll put us down for like 8 or so, in case others show up.  There should be plenty of room either way.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
boozer (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2013, 09:38:23 PM

I will set it up.  I'll put us down for like 8 or so, in case others show up.  There should be plenty of room either way.

Alright, I updated the location in the top post.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2013, 09:38:29 PM

Wow, I woulda missed this thread if someone hadn't linked it!  I'll be in KC that day and I love sushi!  Tell the restaurant not to run out of wasabi!!!!!

I thought you were aware, but I didn't bring it up via our brief PM session since I understood you had to get back home early enough to be ready for the next day's activity.

See you Tuesday noonish at the lab.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: