Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:11:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is bitfinex a reliable broker can anyone comfirm?  (Voting closed: February 09, 2018, 08:42:43 AM)
yes - 3 (60%)
no - 2 (40%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is bitfenex a scam  (Read 237 times)
Luke007 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:42:43 AM

I have heard some bad things about bitfenex are they a scam and has anyone signed up and had issues?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:46:19 AM

Bitfinex has been around for many years, They are not a scam.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Luke007 (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:50:59 AM

have you dealt with them before or have an account with them because when i googled to see if they were it came up they are
Shinryuu0

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:59:34 AM

Bitfinex is one of the few exchanges I trust fully. Never had any issues with them. Deposits and withdrawels have never been an issue for me.

Why exactly were they called scam?
Luke007 (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:06:23 AM

cause i put in google are they a scam and its coming up with all this stuff that they arent trust worthy saying people are having trouble withdrawing money taking to long and they have had money taken from them. Also not sure if you know but i heard that tether is a podgy scheme and the ceo is supposebly the same ceo. what u.s exchanges are you using that you trust that you can put large amounts of $$$ on and there are no limits and have low fees?
Ciscopro2000

Activity: 495
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:09:43 AM

Bitfinex is one of the largest crypto exchange platforms.  Although I do not use it, I have Binance, I have not heard anyone calling it a scam.  I am curious why you would say that though.  
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:12:38 AM

Bitfinex has been acting very strange these past few months. Ghost deposits, support replying queries for too long, trading platform freezing occasionally and whatnot, but on top of all this, Bitfinex still remains to be a legitimate exchange on my books. Though I must say as well that if you still have any funds on that exchange, withdraw them immediately or else, regret it later. They are showing some signs of being "hacked" sooner or later. and you surely don't want to get caught on that.
cryptorampage

Activity: 56
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:16:28 AM

I trust bitfenix , it is considered one of the largest exchange platform , but I also heard many people just started accusing against it specifically for ghost deposited. May be they have some technical issue.
Luke007 (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:22:58 AM

so do you guys know any other reputable brokers that are u.s regulated?
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:24:11 AM

Well not all systems are very stable and there can always be an error regarding the exchange, withdrawals, even in depositing your money with bitfinex but I think all of these are just errors from their system and the number of users had congested their system if you check their twitter page you can see that they are still updating and maintenance are always their solution to all problems that they have, they sure are shady and risky to let them held your coins and dothebeats  can be right that hackers are attacking bitfinex so you better take a step in withdrawing your coins before its too late.
AleksandrKosov

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:32:14 AM

I have heard some bad things about bitfenex are they a scam and has anyone signed up and had issues?
So you can talk about each exchange. Bitfinex is always in the top 3 exchanges for daily volume and almost always the biggest bitcoin volumes go exactly on bitfinex. This exchange is not a scam. This is a golden chicken for the owners of the exchange.

CryptoChanel

Activity: 102
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:11:34 AM

The poll is indicating that the majority of the people is answering YES to this question. This is certainly worrying, because should Bitfinex ever collapse, the price of Bitcoin would drop considerably - for a while.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:21:39 AM

I guess if you are here in this forum for quite a while and have already read a great deal of comments about exchanges, you must have heard a lot of negative comments of all exchanges, major or small. Bittrex is one highly trusted exchange and yet there are still negative comments about it. Same goes to Poloniex. And then the same goes to Bitfinex as well as to HitBTC, Binance, Cryptopia. There will always be some people who tend to focus on the negative side of things. Bitfinex for me is one fine exchange platform.
Bodiul1975

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:34:49 AM

I do not think of betfencie chalcchari, if you break the Bitcoin dollars, then you have to spend bitfinancial or scam many times. I do not want to read this one at a time. I understand the change in the currency in the good company.
mariadifreschetti

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:35:40 AM

I don't really think Bitfinex is a scam...
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:41:20 AM

I have a Bitfinex account too although I stopped using it lately due to current Bitcoin price situation. I didn't cast my vote since there were past hackings and some accusations with Bitfinex. Still I say it is reliable and better than some of those smaller exchanges. Just don't make it as your savings bank. Only put amounts you use in trading.
weeklyeth

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:04:47 PM

bitfinex is next mtgox
xXLimbXx

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:15:05 PM

I dont think it is a outright scam but it could get a big hit in case Tether turns out to be a scam. Time will tell...
emmablue

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:30:28 AM

I don't think it is a scam, but it require a minimum account equity of 10,000 USD to open the account, which is a huge amount. I think you have to reach the minimum equity requirement, then the functions will be available to you. It is a huge investment, but I dont think it is a scam though. Anyone has experience using bitfenex?
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:37:26 AM

I don't think it is a scam, but it require a minimum account equity of 10,000 USD to open the account, which is a huge amount. I think you have to reach the minimum equity requirement, then the functions will be available to you. ...

They recently removed this requirement and lowered the minimum account
deposit to 1000 $.

https://www.bitfinex.com/posts/243

Announcements > Lowered Equity Minimum and New Token Listing April 07, 2018
We are very pleased to announce that the equity amount for new traders has been lowered from 10,000 to 1,000 USD equivalent.

The 10000 $ minimum for new accounts was a temporary measure and I suspect
that they could see after some time that this requirement deterred too many retail customers.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: