Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:32:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: rpcminer-mod (Modified puddinpop's miner)  (Read 15041 times)
Ang3lus (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2013, 04:27:43 PM

Hi all, I come from a game development background and know that CUDA mining is more than possible.  I am doing research now and it seems better to start from scratch than to fork any existing miner (based on what I've seen so far).  Getting ~100Mhash/s with a nVidia 660 Ti using unoptimized OpenCL (version 1.1?) code and I think this can easily be pushed into the 300 - 500Mhash range.  It will become backwards compatible in time, but if I can get CC (Compute Capability) 2.0 running then we will be in business (2.0 was introduced in the 400-series of cards, however support will likely go back to the 200-series).

No talk of donations yet though.  It will be open-source (once it's basically working), cross-compatible (although Windows will be the primary deployment target) and will support getblocktemplate and stratum (because slush is cool like that).  IPv6 and Tor (does anyone do Tor mining?) in time.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but just throwing this out there for us nVidia gamers that leave their computers idle Grin.  Feel free to submit humorous/witty suggestion for possible program name via PM.

It is ok Smiley The aim of Your project is different than mine, i'm trying to build easy to use CUDA miner, look at the cgminer, You just download and run it, it has various options, there is nothing like this for CUDA Smiley The second goal is the performance because for now nVidia is far far "behind" the ATI cards with performance in mind (the architecture of ATI cards let them achieve crazy GH/s in this kind of calculations Smiley). So if somebody want to go in "serious" mining he will bought ATI cards and be ready to go in 5 mins, but for casual "idle" miners like me and others, running some miner with decent performance is real PITA cause of the OpenCL architecture, so anyway if i want to get some coins (maybe just for fun etc.) i want to use CUDA and have fully usable system Smiley From the post that You have written i assume that You aim in performance Smiley Support for stratum would be awesome though Smiley As for Thor, why someone would like to use thor for this kind of stuff anyway ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 06:11:12 AM

Hi all, I come from a game development background and know that CUDA mining is more than possible.  I am doing research now and it seems better to start from scratch than to fork any existing miner (based on what I've seen so far).  Getting ~100Mhash/s with a nVidia 660 Ti using unoptimized OpenCL (version 1.1?) code and I think this can easily be pushed into the 300 - 500Mhash range.  It will become backwards compatible in time, but if I can get CC (Compute Capability) 2.0 running then we will be in business (2.0 was introduced in the 400-series of cards, however support will likely go back to the 200-series).

No talk of donations yet though.  It will be open-source (once it's basically working), cross-compatible (although Windows will be the primary deployment target) and will support getblocktemplate and stratum (because slush is cool like that).  IPv6 and Tor (does anyone do Tor mining?) in time.

Not trying to hijack your thread, but just throwing this out there for us nVidia gamers that leave their computers idle Grin.  Feel free to submit humorous/witty suggestion for possible program name via PM.

I and others will pay you if you can get an efficient nvidia miner

you should try for Litecoin mining though

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Notanon

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2013, 08:53:32 AM

I and others will pay you if you can get an efficient nvidia miner

you should try for Litecoin mining though

I agree, the ship has practically sailed for serious Bitcoin mining with nVidia GPUs (or any GPU for that matter) with the advent of the ASIC miners. I'm just trying to squeeze a few shares out of the GeForce 220M on my laptop until I can gather the funds to build a decent desktop rig for gaming and watching media on (while mining in the background) and I'd rather stick with nVidia if I can.
phylogrammet

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 05:55:57 PM

Ang3lus,

I had some bad luck trying to get this compile under Windows.

Not sure what will take longer, installing Linux on my machine or figuring out how to compile with CMake on windows without any development libraries pre-installed.

420 also mentioned that there are unix only functions in the code, so I'm not sure it's even worth the effort.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 02:46:40 AM

Ang3lus,

I had some bad luck trying to get this compile under Windows.

Not sure what will take longer, installing Linux on my machine or figuring out how to compile with CMake on windows without any development libraries pre-installed.

420 also mentioned that there are unix only functions in the code, so I'm not sure it's even worth the effort.

there is apparently a new modded version that gets fast speed for new Nvidia GPU's:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163750.0

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142270.0

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Thulsa_Doom

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 12:55:48 PM

Hi all, I use Ubuntu 12.04 LTS to 64bit with Gforce 9600GT and I have a problem, when you start the program shows me this error:
Code:
./rpcminer: error while loading shared libraries: libcudart.so.5.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

when i  installed the program showed that:

Code:
mako@mako-ubuntu:/media/DATOS-1/BitCoin/rpcminer-mod/build$ sudo cmake ../
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
-- Boost version: 1.46.1
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   date_time
--   filesystem
--   program_options
--   regex
--   system
--   thread
-- checking for module 'openssl'
--   found openssl, version 1.0.1
-- Found OpenSSL: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so;/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so (found version "1..1")
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H
-- Looking for include files CMAKE_HAVE_PTHREAD_H - found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthread - found
-- Found Threads: TRUE
-- Found CUDA: /usr/local/cuda
-- Found CURL: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /media/DATOS-1/BitCoin/rpcminer-mod/build

apparently compiles fine and installed but not working, can someone help me?
dragon88

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 18, 2013, 05:18:45 AM

Hello People,

Does rpcminer-mod-cuda.exe support stratum protocol or proxy?

stratum proxy:
http://mining.bitcoin.cz/mining-proxy-howto

The reason why I am asking because I am getting 100% clean_job=false, which ending up with mining nothing  Cry

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: