Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:05:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking SHORT bitcoin right now - currently trading at 12732 on CMC  (Read 210 times)
Crypt0walker (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:16:04 PM

According to my algorithms the price will return to 4 digits, I will only know the a more exact number once Bitcoin drops to around $8,000.

4 digits? are you spreading FUD? and why should anyone trust your algorithms? and since when did an algorithm predicted the price of Bitcoin? everyone knows that cryptocurrency algorithms that try to determine what the price is going be are completely useless, especially on Bitcoin which is extremely volatile.

Also, as soon as you mentioned CMC to talk about the BTC price, you lost any type of credibility.
Honestly, you're just another wanna-be Bitcoin prophet. If you wanna try to guess the price, and also get some feedback from other users, go to Speculation board.

tomahawk9, are you willing to be open to the possibility you are wrong?
Bitcoin's price can be predicted with much more accuracy than you can imagine.

I guarantee it. Test me.
Look at my predictions in this thread so far, they have been correct (I switched to quoting bitfinex price for the last 2).

See the current price drop since I switched back from long to short.

I don't have much incentive to continue writing my predictions, so if they are not welcome I'll stop here.

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traderperspective

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:17:54 PM

I am interested in the way you have build the algo (I am a data scientist). Without revealing your formula, what kind of parameters does your algorithm take. Do you base it on volume, TA thresholds/levels etc? Just to get an idea, as I think it is very interesting to hear what kind of parameters your prediction model are using :-)
Crypt0walker (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:07:01 PM

I am interested in the way you have build the algo (I am a data scientist). Without revealing your formula, what kind of parameters does your algorithm take. Do you base it on volume, TA thresholds/levels etc? Just to get an idea, as I think it is very interesting to hear what kind of parameters your prediction model are using :-)

It's a system based only on historical prices, which is the only input fed to it,
the output is one of three: LONG/SHORT/UNCERTAIN + additional data that I can't discuss.

I will quote only bitfinex price here, but I feed it historical data from the api of multiple exchanges.
Sometimes the system will signal based only on one/two exchanges and not others, and sometimes they're all in sync (which is a better signal).

I don't use volume, except for threshold tests, meaning if an asset does not have
enough volume in the give time window the algorithm will not run,
so if it's a cryptocurrency or a stock with a very low volume there's no way to reliably predict its movement.

Bitcoin is great for forecasting since it's one of the assets with the highest volume in the world.
plusalpha789

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:42:44 PM

with 3 percent stop.

Should start dropping very soon

* This is not a recommendation to act and is based on my personal algorithms

How does one short bitcoin, please?
Crypt0walker (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:25:02 PM

with 3 percent stop.

Should start dropping very soon

* This is not a recommendation to act and is based on my personal algorithms

How does one short bitcoin, please?

There are a number of exchanges that allow shorting, such as bitmex.com.

Please be careful and always use a stop-loss when shorting,
and be aware it's not recommended for less experienced traders since you have to know the exact right time to enter a position.
plusalpha789

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:07:59 PM

Thanks, which exchanges do you prefer for shorting?  What sort of rate, if any, do you pay for the borrow?
Crypt0walker (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:39:22 PM

Thanks, which exchanges do you prefer for shorting?  What sort of rate, if any, do you pay for the borrow?

I like bitmex. The rate you pay is called "funding rate", it varies from day to day depending on market conditions.
There's also a comission which ranges between %0.025 to %0.125 depending if you make a market order or create liquidity through the book.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: