Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:36:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you determine if coin is overpriced or undervalued  (Read 227 times)
alexcryptoo (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:47:10 PM

Hi guys,

I'd like to know your views on how to determine whether a specific crypto currency has a fair price, or overpriced or undervalued. For example, what exactly do you look at when you value a coin/token like NEO or Stellar or ETH or Monero, or XRP or TRON and the list goes on..I read in some articles, certain coins/tokens are undervalued but i've not seen somewhere detailed explanation to back up such concern.

Also, for new ICOs, how can you tell if the price proposed is fair according to the market as I've seen some ICO sell their token for 1 dollar and even 2 dollar. Also another concern, on what basis ICO set the price during ICO and who set the price when it hits the exchange sites? - How can I say, yea I can make profit from this ICO once it hits the exchange?

Another thing, all ICO sell their tokens based on ETH or BTC not based on USD - but at the same time, they say our token is equal to xx USD - and as you know the BTC and ETH value changes every minute. This means by the time you purchase ETH using USD and trade it with the ICO, you may get less amount of token - Do you consider this factor as well?

Thanks Guys
Ros-In

Activity: 306
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:57:08 PM

The community do that, we do that. If we believe that the coin have great future and have nice project the coin should have higher price. and if that coin just forked coin with no real project developed behind it that coin should be abandoned with no price at all. But this is only my opinion, let the rest talk about it too

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
neinnein125

Activity: 475
Merit: 251

VTOS

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:59:35 PM

I try to do it personally and discussing with group of friends. It is not that hard. You need to look at supply first to see if coin deserves the price and then whitepaper. For last, final product. And compare to opponents.

▄█████████████████████▄
  ▄
█████████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████████▄
▀█████████████████████████████▀
 ▀████
███████████████████████▀
  ▀██
███████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████
     ████
█████████████████
      ████
██████████████
       █████████████████
        ███████████████
         ▀███████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
V T O S      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
MEDIUM    TWITTER     GITHUB

⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫
      ███
      ▀▀▀

▄▀  ▄▄▄
   ▀    ███
███
     ▄ ▄
▀▀▀ ▄  ▐▌ ▐▌
     ███   █
    ▄▀▀▀▄  ▐▌
   █ █   ▀ ▄▄▄
  ▀   █    ███
 ███
   █  ▄
 ▀▀▀ ▄  ▄▄▄
      ▀ ███
derago21

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

Crypto Enthusiast!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:00:37 PM

I would always wait for a few days and wait for the dip to purchase my altcoins and if you think, there is going to be a big price difference, while you purchase the coins. Then you gotta wait patiently, till it reaches the right value for the purchase. This is a huge factor because If you just blindly purchase it with the current market price, It might turn out to be a loss for you. So, patience is the key here.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:07:39 PM

I try to do it personally and discussing with group of friends. It is not that hard. You need to look at supply first to see if coin deserves the price and then whitepaper. For last, final product. And compare to opponents.
Yes it is one way that is quite effective, Discussion with the community can make us get enlightenment to be able to take science and make decisions. Discussion is a common way because then we can add knowledge, this is the importance of a socialization because then we can get together profit. For me to work with friends will be a fun thing, I am sad together and I will also be happy together.
Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:17:33 PM

Usually i look at what they have achieved compared to the price, if they already released a lot of updates then it's normal if the price is expensive but if they only have whitepaper and people hype it too much then it is certain that the coin is overvalued. I will also avoid some coin that get shilled a lot on twitter or YouTube.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:17:41 PM

This whole crypto market prices understanding is very hard because everything just based on demand and supply and people investing just by thinking that their product may success in future. Many people want to invest money in crypto so there is a lot of money available so if you just come up with nice white paper then you can collect a good sum of money and that's what happening now. I don't think it is an easy thing to find out the correct price tag for any of these coins.
alexcryptoo (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:41:07 PM

I would always wait for a few days and wait for the dip to purchase my altcoins and if you think, there is going to be a big price difference, while you purchase the coins. Then you gotta wait patiently, till it reaches the right value for the purchase. This is a huge factor because If you just blindly purchase it with the current market price, It might turn out to be a loss for you. So, patience is the key here.

Let us say there was an ICO a few weeks ago - many people missed that ICO sale and they have been waiting for the token to be listed on the exchange, and society believe that this particular ICO project will have a great future as they will achieve what they mentioned in the whitepaper - the question is, will you purchase it straightaway once it hits the exchange knowing that it might go up to 100x times within one year or you wait a few days in hope that you buy in the dip, but again it's so hard to know whether it might go in dip if there is a huge demand to purchase the token- and there has been scenarios like ethereum, stratis, neo and the list goes on. thanks for your opinion Smiley
peach56

Activity: 167
Merit: 59

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:50:37 PM

Easy. Look at other ALTS on the market and see where they are doing. Do they have a superior technology/ token economics or team behind it? If once you've done your research yu will the be able to see if this coin is overpriced or undervalue. For example... STK by STACK is coming out soon (a mobile touch payment app for crypto) other competition like TenX and Monaco have had 13/14$ rates - STK has a working product and far superior tech so it will surpass that easily so i will HOLD until then. Smiley

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:56:09 PM

It's pretty easy to detrmine for a pretty young project. For example if the price of some coin is much lower than ICO price and the founders have more ETH collected during the ICO than the capitalization of the project. It's an exellend point to get in. Of cource I'm talking only about reliable projects.

edgycorner

Activity: 1064
Merit: 382

Hurrah for Karamazov!

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:59:57 PM

Easy. Look at other ALTS on the market and see where they are doing. Do they have a superior technology/ token economics or team behind it? If once you've done your research yu will the be able to see if this coin is overpriced or undervalue. For example... STK by STACK is coming out soon (a mobile touch payment app for crypto) other competition like TenX and Monaco have had 13/14$ rates - STK has a working product and far superior tech so it will surpass that easily so i will HOLD until then. Smiley

Agreeing with peach, look at how and where the coin can go.Compare it with other similar coins.Then you will be able to guess whether the coin is a true bubble or not.

Just look at doge and how it is going up.
Even though the dev team haven't done anything special since last year.It didn't even have any major update since last two years, and still it reached a market cap of 2B$.Making doge an obvious bubble!
bellanas

Activity: 392
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:02:56 PM

I have not yet discovered the ideal technology for myself. Only intuition and nothing more.
Jaemouns

Activity: 274
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:13:08 PM

Yes it is definitely true!Honestly it`s not so easy to determine what is the best ICO or the value of it but we have a basis.Our basis was the whitepaper,road map and the groups of originator on how they facilitate their ICO to be the opponent for us to believe and recognized of their coins value.Everything in ICO is not easy to determine but our trust for every ICO can keep us alive.
Baton55

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:22:11 PM

Always check on the volume of the coins as well and the lock up capital of the coin as it will be able to provide some insight on the stability of the coin price. Site like Coinmarketcap , cyptocompare or Coins is helpful. It is also  imporatnt to look at the technology behind the crpto if it is a new technology or what does it offer and is it in a single market or does it has other cryptos which functions the same or competitors with the same technology with it. Always look into the white paper to see what is the crypto is all about and study them if they provide a road map so we will have a clear picture if there are any exciting developments or expositions planned.
Zufox

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:25:24 PM

about ICO-Six months ago I bought tokens on one ICO on pre-sale with good bonuses. Then on 1 ethereum, I bought 10,000 tokens. Now there is a token sale of this ICO and now on 1 ethereum  I could buy already 30,000 tokens.interesting mathematics... I am very sad. I advise you to pay attention to this.
pentol86

Activity: 851
Merit: 254

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 03:31:27 PM

first, you need know about supply of the coins, and then whitepaper or roadmap, form there, you will know that coins have great future or not. this method also work for ico, and who set ico price?, its from community, buyer and holder. about value in crypto and dollars, for me its risk, you will get double  if you want to be patient

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:32:16 PM

In general a coin with a big supply with high price per coin (depending on the features obviously)  is overvalued. A coin with a low supply, low price and good technology is generally undervalued.
StarLawl

Activity: 63
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:37:58 PM

Supply and Market Cap compared to actual product and tech: Eg - platform, mobile apps, wallets, community size, partners etc shall determine if a coin is undervalued or overvalued. A good example is to look at the top 10 currencies - compare what features the different currencies has and also transaction speed/cost. The latter is very important to be a viable product.  I wish there was this comparison. And I am looking forward to the grading that will be done by Weiss in a week. Though I am betting there will be some surprises based on this, and some balloons will be popped. And some undervalued coins will get their rightful spot in the light.

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1637983)
lunaalthea

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:41:55 PM

This how your trading skills will come into work. There is no literally a standard answer for your question because cryptocurrency world is really risky and volatile. That is why you should be aware in the news and articles about altcoins, how they work, their function ang how many people are into it. If you think it's undervalued, there is a reason why you should joy it's bounty campaign.

paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:51:21 PM

It is necessary to look at the quality of technical documentation, the openness of the team, the distribution of tokens
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: