Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:49:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Requesting 0.1BTC loan - Repaid within 3 days  (Read 692 times)
mynameismud (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:33:58 PM

Hello,

I am requesting a loan for 0.1BTC to complete the purchase of a PCI-E riser cable to extend my current mining rig. I cannot seem to find these cables for sale for USD and I just cashed out my BTC last week so I'm running a bit short. I've purchased the funds through Coinbase but unfortunately I've only ever sold coins through them and do not have the required trust to receive them instantly. Your help is appreciated and I will gladly tip 0.02 BTC upon repayment for your trouble.

I will be capable of repayment in less than 3 days (probably 1-2 days - just need to mine it).

1APH3f5BeeHxX1pGdng5AjBRemmaVt3U4m for interested parties.
jdany

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:38:56 PM

Hello,

I am requesting a loan for 0.1BTC to complete the purchase of a PCI-E riser cable to extend my current mining rig. I cannot seem to find these cables for sale for USD and I just cashed out my BTC last week so I'm running a bit short. I've purchased the funds through Coinbase but unfortunately I've only ever sold coins through them and do not have the required trust to receive them instantly. Your help is appreciated and I will gladly tip 0.02 BTC upon repayment for your trouble.

I will be capable of repayment in less than 3 days (probably 1-2 days - just need to mine it).

I can lend it.  What's your collateral?
mynameismud (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:41:22 PM

Hello,

Sorry I'm not really familiar with how exactly this works. What sort of collateral would accommodate?
jdany

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:43:16 PM

Hello,

Sorry I'm not really familiar with how exactly this works. What sort of collateral would accommodate?

Check the sticky...

The long and short is that you provide something very liquid - that I could sell if you default to cover the BTC I lend you.

mynameismud (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 10:56:18 PM

Hello,

I can lend it.  What's your collateral?

Check the sticky...

The long and short is that you provide something very liquid - that I could sell if you default to cover the BTC I lend you.

I'm afraid that I do not currently have anything that I would trust using as collateral for a ~$10 loan (unless a screenshot of a pending Coinbase purchase is suitable). However, thank you for your consideration and I will consider this a learning experience. Next time I request a loan (if ever) I will be prepared with collateral that is roughly equivalent in value.
mynameismud (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:09:08 PM

Hello,

I can lend it.  What's your collateral?

Check the sticky...

I'm afraid that I do not currently have anything that I would trust using as collateral for a ~$10 loan (unless a screenshot of a pending Coinbase purchase is suitable). However, thank you for your consideration and I will consider this a learning experience. Next time I request a loan (if ever) I will be prepared with collateral that is roughly equivalent in value.

On second thought I do have some codes for free downloadable PC games. I would just straight up give you one honestly as I get them as part of custom workstation builds for my firm. From there you could sell it or play it if so inclined.

I currently have codes to download Splinter Cell: Blacklist and Metro: Last Light that I received from Nvidia GPU purchases through Newegg.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 11:11:29 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2013, 11:25:06 PM by Vod

Personally I don't accept collateral that is roughly equivalent in value.  It makes it more likely the borrower will simply default and lose the collateral.

I recommend anyone accepting collateral to have it valued at 150% of the loan at least.  This makes it a lot less likely that the borrower will want to lose it.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:15:20 PM

On second thought I do have some codes for free downloadable PC games. I would just straight up give you one honestly as I get them as part of custom workstation builds for my firm. From there you could sell it or play it if so inclined.

So you're working, getting weekly/monthly paychecks.
You just bought a new card and realized you don't have a free slot to plug it in.
And you need a 10$ loan to buy a http://www.ebay.com/bhp/pcie-riser-cable ?

That's a nice story, which I will classify as fiction, if you don't mind. Smiley

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
millsdmb

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:17:28 PM

OP check out billmelater (an eBay/PayPal Service) too

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
mynameismud (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:21:29 PM

So you're working, getting weekly/monthly paychecks.
You just bought a new card and realized you don't have a free slot to plug it in.

That's a nice story, which I will classify as fiction, if you don't mind. Smiley

Sigh, if only my paychecks came in bitcoins Tongue

Seriously though, I considered this a longshot at best. I'll mine the coins in 2 days so not a huge deal really. And just so you know the riser cable you linked isn't powered so, as per the advice of a knowledgeable individual, I did not purchase it in order to reduce the strain on my MB. But no matter, a simple no I won't loan it to you would suffice and be perfectly accepted.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:24:57 PM

May I know what is your rig that can hit 0.10 Btc in 2 days?
mynameismud (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:27:32 PM

OP check out billmelater (an eBay/PayPal Service) too

I've had a BML account for some years. I've heard bad things about them but I've never had any problems. But yeah if there's somewhere to use paypal reliably/within a few hours to purchase bitcoins then that information would actually be even more helpful to me then a loan. I realize you guys think I'm trying to scam at this point but I'm really just a hard working guy in need of a very small amount of bitcoin to get a part here by Friday.
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:28:50 PM

And just so you know the riser cable you linked isn't powered so
Just scroll down, there are powered ones, this is a list.  Wink

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
mynameismud (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:33:32 PM

May I know what is your rig that can hit 0.10 Btc in 2 days?

I mine LTC and convert to BTC. I have one machine that's running 2 7970's (this is the one I want to add my third to but it overheats bc it's too close to the bottom card). I'm currently running the third 7970 in my primary machine but the issue is that anytime my wife tries to watch youtube it crashes the driver and mining stops. We work different schedules so I don't find out about the failure until the morning when i've missed 5-6 hours of mining. I also have another machine that's running a 7850 but it's an old Dell and only has a single pci-e port. Combined I'm pulling 2.45KH/s scrypt mining. Which in turn generates roughly .1BTC per day.

The best part is that since I put my rig at my office behind my desk I don't have to pay for the power Tongue
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:36:28 PM

Do you have any Amazon Certificates? Just for collateral?
gektek

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

I rave ... whats your excuse?!?

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 11:36:56 PM

Hello,

I have an extra one I'll sell ya for USD. $10 shipped via PayPal or Dwolla. I ended up getting one more than I needed last time I ordered. It is NOT the powered kind but its the same one I use for mining with my 5830, 5850, 6570, 7770, 7950, and 7970 cards soooo. Lemme know Cheesy
mynameismud (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:43:41 PM

And just so you know the riser cable you linked isn't powered so
Just scroll down, there are powered ones, this is a list.  Wink

I see it there now, my mistake. Horrific shipping times though Sad

Hello,

I have an extra one I'll sell ya for USD. $10 shipped via PayPal or Dwolla. I ended up getting one more than I needed last time I ordered. It is NOT the powered kind but its the same one I use for mining with my 5830, 5850, 6570, 7770, 7950, and 7970 cards soooo. Lemme know Cheesy

At this point I've missed the cutoff to get it here by Friday without paying for overnight shipping so it's all good. I'll just mine it up and order then. Thanks everyone for the consideration and, more importantly, advice and wisdom on how to proceed with future dealings in the lending department. I see now that requesting a loan was not the correct path to take in this scenario.

Do you have any Amazon Certificates? Just for collateral?

I'll just wait it out, thanks Smiley
gektek

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

I rave ... whats your excuse?!?

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 11:46:35 PM

Hello,

At this point I've missed the cutoff to get it here by Friday without paying for overnight shipping so it's all good. I'll just mine it up and order then. Thanks everyone for the consideration and, more importantly, advice and wisdom on how to proceed with future dealings in the lending department. I see now that requesting a loan was not the correct path to take in this scenario.

All good. I tried Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: