Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 03:02:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Order time binance  (Read 107 times)
CreatineSh1ts (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:55:07 PM

Hey Guys!

I have a quesion for the guys who are running a trading bot on binance:

How long does it take for an order to be finished. So the time from PC(Order placed) -> Binance executes Order-> PC (gets notification that order is executed)

Thanks in advance
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:39:21 PM

well it depends on many factors and remember there is a difference between execution of an order and the order getting filled.

when you execute the order it virtually takes no time to reach the Binance server and be placed in their database. it is a tiny amount of data you are sending them (a couple of bytes) so even with a slow internet speed it only takes a second.
so it depends on your internet speed and latency to "Post" that request and then it depends on their server computer to receive it, gets your information from their database, checks the MD5 hashes to see if you used the right private key and then acts based on the request, generates a response and gives it back to you.

i have never actually measured this but i think (based on experience) the whole thing is about 1 second. and during server over load time it can take forever!

There is a FOMO brewing...
CreatineSh1ts (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:10:09 PM

Thanks for the quick answer!

Just so i get more information:
Is anyone else here with some order times based on their experience?
I am from austria btw
CreatineSh1ts (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:01:00 PM

One more question:

Is there any way to determine if it was wether the order transmission time or the delay at the exchanges computer itself that took the bigger amount of time of the trade?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: