Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:24:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'M INTERESTED IN BUTTERFLY MINERS, ANYONE RECIVED IT YET?  (Read 1513 times)
hamletfaio95 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 12:04:31 AM

hi guys, i'm interested in the new butterfly miners, but i can't find a miner that isn't a "preorder" so, anyone really received a miner? how much do you had to wait?
thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 12:08:41 AM

Yes, there are many THs of BFL ASIC's out there.  I have my Jalapeno and am mining with it.

I think they plan on being caught up with the initial preorders around September.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:02:49 PM

Yes, there are many THs of BFL ASIC's out there.  I have my Jalapeno and am mining with it.

I think they plan on being caught up with the initial preorders around September.

Willing to make a bet they will?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:05:37 PM

hi guys, i'm interested in the new butterfly miners, but i can't find a miner that isn't a "preorder" so, anyone really received a miner? how much do you had to wait?
thanks
They are still shipping units from July of 2012.

Keep looking at another company. Do yourself that favor and continue looking at other options.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 03:07:14 PM

They will not be finished with their pre-orders by september.  They're still on june/july of 2012 on some product lines.

If you order a Monarch now you won't get it until Feb.  What they're doing is a "bullet run" to get a few chips at high cost, then they're going to ship out a few Monarchs to a few lucky people, the first in the queue.   The rest will have to wait until feb to get units.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:08:59 PM

thanks

WOW, YOU DIDN'T SEE THE THOUSANDS OF THREADS ABOUT THIS, OR DID YOU JUST INSTANTLY POST A STUPID QUESTION TO ANNOY EVERYONE?

Oh, try turning off the Caps Lock on your keyboard when posting stupid questions.  Thank you.
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:12:38 PM

thanks

WOW, YOU DIDN'T SEE THE THOUSANDS OF THREADS ABOUT THIS, OR DID YOU JUST INSTANTLY POST A STUPID QUESTION TO ANNOY EVERYONE?

Oh, try turning off the Caps Lock on your keyboard when posting stupid questions.  Thank you.

Translation.

Ummm seriously... you want to order from BFL knowing they can't and won't deliver a unit for you in a reasonable amount of time? Are you really asking for advice on BFL? Here is all you need to know. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
monsters4r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:22:56 PM

They will not be finished with their pre-orders by september.  They're still on june/july of 2012 on some product lines.

If you order a Monarch now you won't get it until Feb.  What they're doing is a "bullet run" to get a few chips at high cost, then they're going to ship out a few Monarchs to a few lucky people, the first in the queue.   The rest will have to wait until feb to get units.

How can you say "until feb to get units" ?

You mean feb 2015 ?

If people still waiting for more than an year a product "delivery may take 2 months or more after order" and Monarch "delivery may take 3 months or more after order" , you have to wait al least 18 months to have this "card"  Roll Eyes in hand.

--- APOM - Anti Pre-Order Movement ---
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:24:30 PM

Butterfly Labs customer testimonial dated 2013-08-22 (today):

Quote from: 2weiX
FUCK THEM WITH MELTING HOT SPIKED IRON RODS or at least DON'T BUY FROM THEM

source: one-year waiting BFL customer.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ku836/bfl_already_delaying_monarch_until_feb/cbsyfr2
CrashX

Activity: 238
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:56:49 AM

If you want to give money away, by Accept donations  Grin

My BTC Address is below... Thank You.

PS: DONT BUY, TRUST, LOOK AT BFL.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 07:38:56 AM

thanks

From what planet r u from?
viperzero

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:19:55 PM

thanks

I ordered on 25.6.2012 and received my first batch of 4 X little singles on 1.8.2013. I have been pretty happy for the mining performance. With ambient temperature 12 celsius they hash 128.6 G/h s  I am just making little tuning and have already sometimes reached over 133 GH/s on a 2 hour period.

I live in europe and all units had wrong power plugs (3-pin model) also 2 units were missing micro usb cables. So be prepared. Old monitor power cables for example fit to BFL power supplies.

After 1 day operation one original PSU blew up so I plugged it to my corsair PC PSU because Power connector is 6 pin PCI-E I guess Singles have 2 6 Pin PCI-E plugs needed because little single has other empty hole next to PCI-E power plug
I am building new room for them in the basement for the winter and going to us UG802 with picuntu as control PC. Hashrate is related to startup & HW erors so cooler is allways better.

Also BFL didn't attach any proper shipping documentation or invoice so take every paper printed out if you need to go to customs. Perhaps wise to ask/print real $ invoice beforehand.

Because I had very bad luck aka fire in my house + I am afraid of custom parody happening again I am selling my next little single preorder:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281155185183?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Hope this helps, make sure you can source quickly those micro USB cables/power plugs

EDIT: Forgot to mention noice. This babieas make noice like circular saws, so if you have to place them in your bedroom ( I had to sleep a week with them after fire Sad replace cheapo chinese fans with arctic cooling or noctua silent ones. I am planning to make one with arctic fans and test if I can get few more Gh out of it. Also I screwed out those ridiculous roundhole plates from both ends (torx T10) and it made them run little cooler.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 10:44:53 PM

Seems like a good place for a PSA:

If you have ordered from ButterFly Labs and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask ButterFly Labs for a refund, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. Multiple customers have already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via Bitcoin or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with ButterFly Labs to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.
You can also do a paper filing with the DA here: http://da.jocogov.org/complaint-forms

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from ButterFly Labs, here are two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272585.0

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 11:41:21 PM

If you want to give money away, by Accept donations  Grin

My BTC Address is below... Thank You.

PS: DONT BUY, TRUST, LOOK AT BFL.
If you look at BFL the wrong way, you'll suddenly find yourself pregnant!
Bicknellski

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:29:49 AM

thanks

I ordered on 25.6.2012 and received my first batch of 4 X little singles on 1.8.2013. I have been pretty happy for the mining performance. With ambient temperature 12 celsius they hash 128.6 G/h s  I am just making little tuning and have already sometimes reached over 133 GH/s on a 2 hour period.

I live in europe and all units had wrong power plugs (3-pin model) also 2 units were missing micro usb cables. So be prepared. Old monitor power cables for example fit to BFL power supplies.

After 1 day operation one original PSU blew up so I plugged it to my corsair PC PSU because Power connector is 6 pin PCI-E I guess Singles have 2 6 Pin PCI-E plugs needed because little single has other empty hole next to PCI-E power plug
I am building new room for them in the basement for the winter and going to us UG802 with picuntu as control PC. Hashrate is related to startup & HW erors so cooler is allways better.

Also BFL didn't attach any proper shipping documentation or invoice so take every paper printed out if you need to go to customs. Perhaps wise to ask/print real $ invoice beforehand.

Because I had very bad luck aka fire in my house + I am afraid of custom parody happening again I am selling my next little single preorder:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281155185183?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Hope this helps, make sure you can source quickly those micro USB cables/power plugs

EDIT: Forgot to mention noice. This babieas make noice like circular saws, so if you have to place them in your bedroom ( I had to sleep a week with them after fire Sad replace cheapo chinese fans with arctic cooling or noctua silent ones. I am planning to make one with arctic fans and test if I can get few more Gh out of it. Also I screwed out those ridiculous roundhole plates from both ends (torx T10) and it made them run little cooler.

Ouch...

BFL = Shady.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 09:16:26 AM

Risk/reward with BFL is too steep.

I would recommend one of the Bitfury projects if "investing" right now (BFSB or BMP).
Bitfury raw chip deliveries from these projects have been very dependable compared to other bare chip sellers.
Mining boards for delivery in august are supposed on track for mass delivery before then end of the month (a first in the bitcoin world).
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 12:46:30 PM

Try waiting a year for a product you ordered on Amazon.com.

That's what a ordering a BFL product means.

You think Amazon would have a lot of customers if they shipped the customer's order a year later?

Welcome to pre-order hell.

Try E-bay, and be prepared to pay through the nose for an in-hand unit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: