Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:52:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Ethereum Overthrown Bitcoin?  (Read 507 times)
EHT7500

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:48:38 PM

Of course it's possible, but why not? After a year the etherium has reached very, very strong indicators, so probably it is worth thinking about this a lot, I decided for a long time that I will keep the funds on air, because it is much more stable than bitcoin
Rodimill8

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:24:49 PM

ether is a very valuable currency, but I do not think that it will bypass bitcoin in terms of cost and popularity - since bitcoin is a pioneer, bitcoin is the standard for crypto currency and it is a bridge to the crypto-currency world. Bitcoin have big influence on cryptocurrency market - so i think it will be huge.
troleybüs
Legendary

Activity: 1424
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:26:34 PM

Why do we have to discuss this possibility in various different threads when they are almost identical? Ethereum has good sides but it won't takeover Bitcoin. Bitcoin can be upgraded when the consensus reaches and smart contracts first talked for Bitcoin. When the scalability issue addressed we will have not much to left.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:44:22 PM

As everyone of us know that eth is getting momentum due to the fact of low transactions fee and the features of smart contract....

Is it possible for eth to overtake bitcoin in price in nearest future?

Obviously I do not see any reason why Ethereum does not exceed Bitcoin's price. After three years, the price of Ethereum may be three times higher than Bitcoin.
Delinquency

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:57:41 PM

I think there will be a situation like this in the future. Ethereum will rise rapidly as bitcoin loses value.
There are no obstacles for Ethereum to settle in first place
waiki

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:59:02 PM

whether the ethereum could topple bitcoin? Obviously can not overthrow the ethereum bitcoin because the price difference for this coin is much different and it's very impossible.
The Young Turk
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1013

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 09:59:16 PM

I think there will be a situation like this in the future. Ethereum will rise rapidly as bitcoin loses value.
There are no obstacles for Ethereum to settle in first place

Bitcoin lose what value? It's over 11k already, did you imagine this price last year?
They both rise in the long run but I don't expect Ethereum to pass Bitcoin in anytime.

███████                   
                      ██████████                        ██       
                       ████████████                  ███       
                                ██████████           █████       
                                        ███████      ██████         
██████                  ███████     ████
████████                ██████     ██   
██████████        ████████           
███████████    █████████           
████████    ████████

███████    ████████       
              ██████    █████████████ 
          █████████      ███████████ 
      ███████████          █████████ 
██████████████                       
████████████████                       
███████      ████████████           
██████        ████████████           
████                ██████████           

.xx-coin.io.

DAVID CHAUM's xx coin SALE IS NOW LIVE!

Mystica101

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:16:50 AM

I don't think ethereum will overthrown bitcoin because once a king will always be a king and ethereum as a queen is a good pair for bitcoin and will remain on her spot. But there's a possibility that when bitcoin is growing along the way, ethereum will follow the footsteps of bitcoin in terms of its value but I don't think she will able to catch up with the price of bitcoin that time.
pageraji

Activity: 966
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:29:08 AM

i think no, may be impossible, look for the journey for ethereum it will pump when bitcoin pump, and last year there was no bullish, may be this year price 2000 $ its still possible.
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:42:00 AM

As everyone of us know that eth is getting momentum due to the fact of low transactions fee and the features of smart contract....

I believe that the growth of the broadcast depends on how the developers will improve it. If the developers can eliminate all the shortcomings, then the coin without problems will be able to overtake bitcoin in the future.
DiceChain

Activity: 353

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 07:51:39 AM

It is difficult for ETH to overcome Bitcoin. But that can still happen. Because ETH is more interested in Bitcoin. The transaction speed of ETH is also much faster than Bitcoin. Prices are cheaper than bitcoin 10 times. These are necessary to show that ETH can overcome Bitcoin
Dasvino

Activity: 272

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:23:34 AM

if in the nearest future, I think it is not easy. because the price of eth when compared with bitcoin price is still very far, but it could be eth Overthrown Bitcoin in my long time. years front or next years

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Cryptosaphire18

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:17:06 PM

if in the nearest future, I think it is not easy. because the price of eth when compared with bitcoin price is still very far, but it could be eth Overthrown Bitcoin in my long time. years front or next years
As we look in the current state i don't think Eth will overthrown Bitcoin.For me ethereum is functionally different from bitcoin.As far as i know,ethereum is an open software platform based on blockchain technology.While Bitcoin is a type of digital currency.Then besides,Bitcoin will always be the remain reference value in the crypto world.If ethereum has the capability to convert directly to fiat money,then yes it is possible for ethereum to overthrown bitcoin.
Ronyx

Activity: 525

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:53:54 PM

Why not, all can happen. Nothing can last forever, maybe right now bitcoin is the strongest coin with so many investors investing in bitcoin, but not necessarily the future will be the same. Ethereum has good potential, it may be that ethereum will beat bitcoin.

vanmoreno

Activity: 359
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 03:09:58 PM

no,,i think its impossible this year, ethereum price will go down when bitcoin down, all altcoin will down when bitcoin is not stable..
letua

Activity: 160
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:00:21 PM

I agree that eth can overtake btc in the future in terms of price as what you stated. That will take place more years from now as btc strength is there. When btc make its own limitation in crypto land then eth will rise up and take the lead.
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1428
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:21:08 PM

I don't think bitcoin will be replaced by Ethereum.I accept ethereum was on second place next to the Bitcoin.But bitcoin is the king of Crypto and can't be replaced by any of the altcoin.I think ethereum will be on second place but replacement of Bitcoin is not possible.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Zanetti83

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:55:16 PM

In my personal opinion, I believe Ethereum will have a fair chance to overthrown Bitcoin, but not in this year.
As they may seem have steady growth and more stability, the price also affected by Bitcoin condition.
As we can see, when Bitcoin value goes down, all alt coin affected and shows the down graphs as well, but in different percentage, depending on their stability.
However, when people has more knowledge and understanding this cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, if they can not keep improving, it will not be crown as king of cryptocurrency forever, and perhaps not only Ethereum, but other alt coin will be possible to overthrown Bitcoin.
Joyjit

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:07:02 PM

Ethereum does have the potential to be the market leader in market cap. However, Bitcoin and Ethereum are two different entities with different use cases. Currently, Bitcoin is being used more as a Crypto Asset rather than a currency. On the other hand, Ethereum has many use cases like deploying smart contract.
samtarly

Activity: 196

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:05:53 PM

If this kind of trend continues for months or years i think it is really possible, it will take a long time but with eth strong pricing these days even most of cryptos are falling down it is getting consistent with $1k up price point.
I still believe in bitcoin but if this continues i guess it will only take time for ethereum to overtake bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: