Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:48:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 60% of world population cannot access computer so Bitcoins will fail.  (Read 1820 times)
eaLiTy

Activity: 2814
Merit: 911

Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:36:28 AM

this is why bitcoins will not go mainstream because majority of human beings on this planet do not have access to a computer.
Bitcoin is here for the past nine years and you think that everyone would start using bitcoin to become global,you are wrong,you do not need everyone to start using bitcoin and make it a global benchmark for everyone to use on a daily basis because there is not much coins for everyone in the first place. Tongue
If you have any other random theory i would like to know rather than this lame excuse. Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kcirnhoj15

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:25:25 AM

I don't think this is became the reason of failing of bitcoins, we are moving toward innovative world so the 60% you are talking will be have an access to the digital later on. Don't assumed that only have computers can access bitcoins because mobile phones, tablets and other gadgets can access too.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:32:52 AM

Hm... that would mean that 3 billion people can use a computer.
I think that this number is high enough to ensure the existence of bitcoin for many years.
And the missing 60%, that number is going to decrease the coming years!
Sounds all like a promising future for bitcoin to me!

It's me!!!
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:40:02 AM

I think you are trying to say that bitcoin will fail to become a mainstream currency because 60% of the world population don't have access to the computer. If I am understanding you correctly, then let me assure you that bitcoin is not structurally built and fit for becoming a mainstream currency in any way. It is an experimental virtual currency which implemented the idea of a decentralized currency successfully for the first time through blockchain technology. It is not trying to become a mainstream one.

So bitcoin will always be used by those with a certain level of technological expertise  and not by any common people. Even though the process for bitcoin payment has been made very simpler by many third party wallet provider, but majority of the governments will not want to allow bitcoin to mingle with their own centralized currency system. It is and will always remain as a digital currency and an excellent store of value.

Everything that avikz said is on point. It is true that Bitcoin is not for everyone as it has a very complex structure despite being tried simplified by some third party application. One may say that its accessibility is a limitation towards being used widely but the truth is that if it becomes a mainstream currency, people would incorporate other aspects that may defeat its purpose. To simply put, Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that allows exclusive transaction over the virtual world.
Maren

Activity: 304
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:55:45 AM

I think you are trying to say that bitcoin will fail to become a mainstream currency because 60% of the world population don't have access to the computer. If I am understanding you correctly, then let me assure you that bitcoin is not structurally built and fit for becoming a mainstream currency in any way. It is an experimental virtual currency which implemented the idea of a decentralized currency successfully for the first time through blockchain technology. It is not trying to become a mainstream one.

So bitcoin will always be used by those with a certain level of technological expertise  and not by any common people. Even though the process for bitcoin payment has been made very simpler by many third party wallet provider, but majority of the governments will not want to allow bitcoin to mingle with their own centralized currency system. It is and will always remain as a digital currency and an excellent store of value.

Everything that avikz said is on point. It is true that Bitcoin is not for everyone as it has a very complex structure despite being tried simplified by some third party application. One may say that its accessibility is a limitation towards being used widely but the truth is that if it becomes a mainstream currency, people would incorporate other aspects that may defeat its purpose. To simply put, Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that allows exclusive transaction over the virtual world.

If bitcoin (or anything, really) isn't used by "common" people it fails. But I think the cryptocurrencies will be used by all in 5-7 years. The infrastructure is in place already, we just need better algos to function on mobile devices.

Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:57:58 AM

For using bitcoins you dont need a computer, at least smartphone enough.
You can pay with him, transfer, and cashout...

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Happy Smile

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:59:21 AM

60%? Where did you get your data?
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:01:06 AM

60% of the total population? so you are saying that the 60% of the total population is living on Africa where they do not even have water to drink?

Mate, if you are going to spread FUD in here, at least, try to create something more relevant, and credible than this shit.

Just my two cents.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:04:00 AM

If we say exactly about bitcoin those remine 40% of people on the earth who can allow themselves a computer will all use bitcoin one day, and cause of it's short number (~21 mln) such number is going to be enough to the demand made the price for bitcoin some times higher from the current one. Add to that I think the percent of people who have a comp is going to raise and the demand and bitcoin's use together with that.
Shamie1002

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:34:54 AM

How in the world you have come to a conclusion that there   40% of the world population can access computers.
Any reference ?

Secondly, I think computers are not the only way to access bitcoins. Mobile phones are developed every year for crying out loud.
Though there are still remote areas in some countries, they can know how to adapt to changes.

Also, Bitcoin doesn't aim to be mainstream but just to be accessible, for convinience, less fees. It can not replace fiat ever. One reason is currency discrepancies.
dogz12

Activity: 210
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:47:36 AM

...compared to say u.s. dollar bills which you can hold in your hand or stuff in your mattress.

this is why bitcoins will not go mainstream because majority of human beings on this planet do not have access to a computer.

successful gold standards are things like toyota trucks, ak-47's, u.s. c-notes which thrive in places like afghanistan and africa.
Having no access with computer is different from having an access to the internet. With the presence of smartphones and tablets anybody can engage with bitcoin. It has survived its 9 years of existence and at the moment it is still alive and going strong.
bisnisali16

Activity: 104
Merit: 38

You have 0 sendable merit (sMerit)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 05:40:24 AM

Which 60% does not matter because we as human beings have relationships, electronic devices such as computers or smartphones can be used without having to buy it, and I am sure at one time the entire population of the world will definitely have a computer, because I find the fact that the more sophisticated technology directly proportional to the increasingly cheap price.

You have 0 sendable merit (sMerit)!
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:47:02 AM

Agree with your point but it won't be like this in future since everyday there's improvement in technology and internet. Electricity been discovered a decade before but still there are places where electricity known or no connectivity. Likewise internet cannot be serviced or used by everyone but majority of people using it would impact the trend. Bitcoin won't get affected due to this reason and would be in high usage in future when everything is in place.
Zenifir

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:02:26 AM

Of course it will fail as a mainstream currency just like you said not everyone has an access to computer or internet but why would you like it to become mainstream or take over real money?, I know it will be convenient as a currency but for me having a physical money is more secured than a data that can be hacked
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:08:54 AM

...compared to say u.s. dollar bills which you can hold in your hand or stuff in your mattress.

successful gold standards are things like toyota trucks, ak-47's, u.s. c-notes which thrive in places like afghanistan and africa.

This is new for me, I've never thought that there are less computer users than that. I thought it would be like close to 70 to 80 percent of the World population but I think these proves me wrong. Also, not all of that 60 percent computer users don't really know digital currencies but still, I don't think that Bitcoin will fall. The bitcoin price reaches $20K with that population and not all of them really know what bitcoin and digital currency is, so I think it will not fall.
faatipoke

Activity: 321
Merit: 100

Token That Will Transform The Venture Capital Mark

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:13:35 AM

lol, 60% of the world population cannot access computers but apple, facebook, google are the strongest companies in the world.
a significant amount of the world population can not find necessary protein in order to survive, however people still pays for precious metals such as gold.

Wealth does not have to be mainstream. Wealth is for rich peoplei and rich people needs cryptocurrency in order to make transactions around the world in the global system. How can you be so narrow minded and think that majority have to access computers.

metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:17:15 AM

Bitcoin has gone a long way since more than 60% of world population cant access computer, if you look back a few years ago i think there are more than that. But technology will always lead the change of the world, people will be forced to change, otherwise they will be left behind. Bitcoin didnt need all of the world populations to strive. They only need people who had a lot of money that using them for financial transactions, as an example the 1% wealthy people who will beat the 99% odds.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:51:42 AM

I dont agree with you, from the time bitcoin began, there was plenty of brave people who invested and patiently waited for bitcoin to grow as how it is big today,  there are plenty of computer users back then, but bitcoin grew larger and larger up to this present day, we cannot assume that because not all people use internet or computer does not necessarily means bitcoin will not go to the mainstream, there are students today that has access or the chance to learn computer stuff and the next generations will follow the same. So it is progressive in terms of computer literacy for people today. Eventually, lots of people will have an idea of how bitcoin works.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
zentdex

Activity: 196
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 02:35:12 PM

Half of the world population can't get to or did not have time nor ability to open a website site, but rather the inquiry is do web come up short? No, why, in light of the fact that those half of the people is sufficiently huge to maintain the development of the web. A similar path runs with crypto. coin market cap says that there are 6 million people that have crypto wallet but it is still a little but could be sufficient to the growth of cryptos. As there are more and more people that is believing in crypto, it will not fail.
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 02:38:45 PM

Many people don't have access to credit cards but it didn't mean credit cards would fail. Give it some credit here. Internet will explode and more people will have access

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████