Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:27:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Freewallet.org - "missing" tokens for 1.5 months  (Read 1106 times)
pablogarcor (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:49:09 PM

Ive never thought that my first ICO would be like this.

One month ago I registered myself in the WaBi ICO. I looked for an android wallet and, in a really bad election, I chose freewallet. I put the freewallet ETH address in the WaBi token sale and I sent the ETH. When the tokens were given, the problem began. Freewallet.org, didnt support WaBi, "it isnt their fault" I thought and sent them an email, they answered me telling me to wait, so I waited...

Finally WaBi tokens were added to their App but... my tokens didnt show up... my funds were 0!!! WTF?!?! Then, I sent an email again but I got no answer, I sent them some tweets but no answer as well. Finally I wrote my problem in the Play Store and they quickly answered me, telling me to wait... they didnt even ask me what my problem was!!!

I keep telling my problem in the Play Store and they finally listened to me. They tell me to wait some days... but ONE MORE WEEK has gone since that day and they havent answered or solved my issue.

I really need the money now and It looks as they dont care about their customers... I will be reporting all the news from now on here.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Expachugator

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:13:25 PM

Hi,

I´ve got a similar problem with Freewallet, they just say you should wait more and more weeks

It´s not your fault to trust in them, they say:

"Please note that we’re still working on the feature that will allow participating in new ICOs. If you’ve participated in an ICO, and your token is an ERC20 one, please contact us once it’s present on exchanges: we will add it as well."

As I can understand that once the token is added to the app, I can see my balance, but this is a lie...

I hope you hope and they come back you your tokens soon
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:18:51 PM

I've always seen this wallet when searching for erc20 token wallet but i ignore it because mostly they are recommend to use is mew wallet which is very safe and until now not having any issue yet..
Do you have any private key backup or seed phrase? if ever you wanted to recover it you can recover your wallet in mew or imtoken..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:27:00 AM

The only option is to continue to contact them until they assist you with your problem. There are several threads posted here before and an affiliate (not sure if that's the owner) is answering the queries, you could send a private message to Freewallet account and see if you could get help.

I've always seen this wallet when searching for erc20 token wallet but i ignore it because mostly they are recommend to use is mew wallet which is very safe and until now not having any issue yet..
Do you have any private key backup or seed phrase? if ever you wanted to recover it you can recover your wallet in mew or imtoken..
Freewallet doesn't provide the private keys for individual wallets so users have no control over it, that's why it is not much of a good choice imo.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 09:34:26 AM

One month ago I registered myself in the WaBi ICO. I looked for an android wallet and, in a really bad election, I chose freewallet. I put the freewallet ETH address in the WaBi token sale and I sent the ETH. When the tokens were given, the problem began. Freewallet.org, didnt support WaBi, "it isnt their fault" I thought and sent them an email, they answered me telling me to wait, so I waited...

Finally WaBi tokens were added to their App but... my tokens didnt show up... my funds were 0!!! WTF?!?! Then, I sent an email again but I got no answer, I sent them some tweets but no answer as well. Finally I wrote my problem in the Play Store and they quickly answered me, telling me to wait... they didnt even ask me what my problem was!!!

I keep telling my problem in the Play Store and they finally listened to me. They tell me to wait some days... but ONE MORE WEEK has gone since that day and they havent answered or solved my issue.

I really need the money now and It looks as they dont care about their customers... I will be reporting all the news from now on here.

This is your own fault. You do not hold the private keys to the addresses and the Wabi addresses are probably different to their Ethereum addresses. They are not the same as far as i know, meaning that whatever is in one address does not translate to the other. Why did you even send Wabi tokens to ETH addresses when clearly they have got no plans of supporting wabi back then?

What you'll have to get them to do is basically import their keys into a wabi compatible wallet, which i doubt they're going to be willing to do.

What you did was basically the same as sending eos tokens to an ETH address on freewallet. Of course you wouldn't get your funds.

Now, you can just sit back and wait. It's about as much as you can do.

Smiley
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:19:46 AM

Freewallet.org doesn't support all the ERC20 tokes like MEW do,so if you gave freewallet.org address to receive tokens from ICO then you will lose all the tokens if that wallet not support your token at the time of tokens sending time by ICO team.Once I am alos missed my tokens from bounty campaigns then I asked the support team they answered that they can't do anything in that case.
And many users also reviewing that freewallet.org is a scam they are taking all the funds which are stored in their wallet.So it is better to avoid these kind of wallets in future and try to use MEW for receiving tokens which is the best ever wallet for ethereum and tokens.
pablogarcor (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:15:48 AM

This is your own fault. You do not hold the private keys to the addresses and the Wabi addresses are probably different to their Ethereum addresses. They are not the same as far as i know, meaning that whatever is in one address does not translate to the other. Why did you even send Wabi tokens to ETH addresses when clearly they have got no plans of supporting wabi back then?

What you'll have to get them to do is basically import their keys into a wabi compatible wallet, which i doubt they're going to be willing to do.

What you did was basically the same as sending eos tokens to an ETH address on freewallet. Of course you wouldn't get your funds.

Yep, Its my fault to trust in a wallet like Freewallet.org, but you are wrong. Wabi tokens are ERC20 tokens built on Ethereum blockchain so you must store them in a ETH address.

Yes, i made a mistake thinking that I have access to the private key, even no backup is supported by them.

And yes again, I made a mistake thinking that they supported Wabi. Thats why Ive waited for one month until they finally add the token. I didnt blame them for not adding Wabi in one month, Im blaming them because theyve already add the token, the tx is in the wallet and transferred to their cold storage and my funds are still missing. Im blaming them because they dont answer my emails, and when they do, they dont care what my problem is, they just say "keep waiting".

I know that im screwed, but I hope that they finally can solve the problem and of course Ill write it here, maybe itll help someone in my situation.
pablogarcor (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:26:40 AM

Freewallet.org doesn't support all the ERC20 tokes like MEW do,so if you gave freewallet.org address to receive tokens from ICO then you will lose all the tokens if that wallet not support your token at the time of tokens sending time by ICO team.Once I am alos missed my tokens from bounty campaigns then I asked the support team they answered that they can't do anything in that case.
And many users also reviewing that freewallet.org is a scam they are taking all the funds which are stored in their wallet.So it is better to avoid these kind of wallets in future and try to use MEW for receiving tokens which is the best ever wallet for ethereum and tokens.

Yes, you are right. They keep telling me to wait... but I dont know what to think about it, I think they dont even know what my problem is...

I hope that they finally give me my tokens and yes, Ill avoid all this wallets from now on.
pablogarcor (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 11:37:48 AM

The only option is to continue to contact them until they assist you with your problem. There are several threads posted here before and an affiliate (not sure if that's the owner) is answering the queries, you could send a private message to Freewallet account and see if you could get help.

Freewallet doesn't provide the private keys for individual wallets so users have no control over it, that's why it is not much of a good choice imo.
Thank you very much jhenfelipe. I am sending him a PM, lets see if he can help me.

Yes, as long as you can keep the private key you are safe, because if a company holds your key, you will be at that company mercy.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:01:05 PM

Yep, Its my fault to trust in a wallet like Freewallet.org, but you are wrong. Wabi tokens are ERC20 tokens built on Ethereum blockchain so you must store them in a ETH address.

Yes, i made a mistake thinking that I have access to the private key, even no backup is supported by them.

And yes again, I made a mistake thinking that they supported Wabi. Thats why Ive waited for one month until they finally add the token. I didnt blame them for not adding Wabi in one month, Im blaming them because theyve already add the token, the tx is in the wallet and transferred to their cold storage and my funds are still missing. Im blaming them because they dont answer my emails, and when they do, they dont care what my problem is, they just say "keep waiting".

I know that im screwed, but I hope that they finally can solve the problem and of course Ill write it here, maybe itll help someone in my situation.

It's not a problem of trust, really. It's a problem of you sending wabi erc20 tokens to their ETH address when they've clearly not have supported it yet. Yes, Wabi tokens are stored on the ethereum blockchain. But if they don't support it, then you're screwed.

I think you misunderstood the fact that you had full access to your address on freewallet, and thus led to this error.

Even though this is your own fault, i agree. They should be at least responding to your emails, even if they want to give you a negative response. Don't expect too much, though. If they can't even respond to your support message in a timely manner, why would they even bother doing all this for you?

Smiley
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:36:31 PM

You simply use MEW to receive the token then everything will be fine. I never searched other wallets to receive tokens, because I think MEW is the best. I think the problem is in yourself, so it's better to be used as a wisdom for the future, so as not to repeat the same mistake. Take care.
Freewallet

Activity: 553
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 03:15:55 PM

pablogarcor, once the support for WABI tokens is added, all new transactions of such tokens will be automatically posted to our users' wallets and available in our Token Wallet app. However, if your transaction was made BEFORE the support of such tokens is enabled, we will need to manually rout it to your account. It takes time and human resources as well.

If you've already submitted your transaction details to our support team, your case is in progress. Please provide your user id or a ticket number for us to follow up on the status of it. Looking forward to your reply!

Freewallet, The Mobile-First Cryptowallet Developer
Learn more about Freewallet and our apps: freewallet.org
Freewallet 24/7 assistance: https://bit.ly/2rgGdRw or reach out to us directly on Facebook or by PM.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2842
Merit: 768

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:19:02 PM

pablogarcor, once the support for WABI tokens is added, all new transactions of such tokens will be automatically posted to our users' wallets and available in our Token Wallet app. However, if your transaction was made BEFORE the support of such tokens is enabled, we will need to manually rout it to your account. It takes time and human resources as well.

If you've already submitted your transaction details to our support team, your case is in progress. Please provide your user id or a ticket number for us to follow up on the status of it. Looking forward to your reply!
Good to read up that theres already response regarding into this matter which is hopefully op did able to read this up. Just as been asked better to report those thing to their support. I was supposed to say that Wabi is indeed a erc20 token which freewallet didn't make some those updates for it to be seen or credited if it done before on such announcement which would really need to be added manually. Hope this issue would resolve soon.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
pablogarcor (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:38:39 AM

Thank you for your answer.

My user id is c7236943. I really appreciate the efforts of the freewallet team, and I hope you can solve my problem as soon as possible Smiley
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:55:55 AM

Thank you for your answer.

My user id is c7236943. I really appreciate the efforts of the freewallet team, and I hope you can solve my problem as soon as possible Smiley

Nice to see this getting sorted...

You sent wabi tokens to freewallet's ethereum address before wabi was even supported. After wabi was added, you didn't see the wabi tokens reflect in your balance. This led to you creating this thread, thinking that freewallet has scammed you.

The fact is that since their ether wallet address is different to their wabi wallet address, and two are technically separate wallets in their interface, tokens sent to the ethereum wallet will not reflect in the wabi wallet.

Hopefully freewallet will fulfill their promises of resolving this issue, and not drag this on for too long. Cheesy
pablogarcor (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:35:57 PM

You sent wabi tokens to freewallet's ethereum address before wabi was even supported. After wabi was added, you didn't see the wabi tokens reflect in your balance. This led to you creating this thread, thinking that freewallet has scammed you.

The fact is that since their ether wallet address is different to their wabi wallet address, and two are technically separate wallets in their interface, tokens sent to the ethereum wallet will not reflect in the wabi wallet.

Hopefully freewallet will fulfill their promises of resolving this issue, and not drag this on for too long. Cheesy

You are right in everything but one thing. The address is the same to receive eth and wabi tokens. After they added Wabi to the platfform I sent wabi tokens to the wallet again, to replicate the tx of the lost tokens, and the WaBi tokens were correctly added and displayed in my funds.

I made mistakes, thats true, but sending tokens to the wrong address is not one of them. I hope that they find my problem easy to solve because of that.

Thank you everybody to answer to my post and for the advices, I really appreciate it Smiley
magneto

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 06:01:22 AM

You are right in everything but one thing. The address is the same to receive eth and wabi tokens. After they added Wabi to the platfform I sent wabi tokens to the wallet again, to replicate the tx of the lost tokens, and the WaBi tokens were correctly added and displayed in my funds.

I made mistakes, thats true, but sending tokens to the wrong address is not one of them. I hope that they find my problem easy to solve because of that.

Thank you everybody to answer to my post and for the advices, I really appreciate it Smiley

Oh right. I was mistaken then, but my point still stands. They'll basically have to manually credit your Wabi tokens to your wallet instead of the process being automatic, since you did it before Wabi support was added.

The process should be simpler then, they wouldn't need to access funds from another address and have to change your deposit addresses. They just need to confirm that you have indeed sent wabi to the address, and all of this is publicly verifiable.

BTW, since it's already been 2 days, have you received your wabi yet? Please post any updates.
pablogarcor (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:59:29 AM

Oh right. I was mistaken then, but my point still stands. They'll basically have to manually credit your Wabi tokens to your wallet instead of the process being automatic, since you did it before Wabi support was added.

The process should be simpler then, they wouldn't need to access funds from another address and have to change your deposit addresses. They just need to confirm that you have indeed sent wabi to the address, and all of this is publicly verifiable.

BTW, since it's already been 2 days, have you received your wabi yet? Please post any updates.

I was giving a little bit of time to the freewallet team to contact me but I have received no answer since they reply to my post. I have checked my PMs here, my email inbox and my freewallet app and they send me no answer.

I cant  send a PM to freewallet user in the forum because I have the newbie range and he has disabled that newbies users can send him message. So Im in the same point as when I wrote this post.

Thank you very much for your support magneto and everybody else. I am sending more mails to them and Ill keep you updated with any news.
Mike Zhelezkin

Activity: 56
Merit: 5

In Fly

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:52:54 PM

I sent my tokens NEM(XEM) from the address Bittrex to the address Freewallet in December 3, 2017. And I have not received them yet. The support service only writes one thing - wait!
Since then, in my multicurrency wallet, the address NEM(XEM) has changed. And my tokens hold on the common wallet Freewallet team.
This can be seen in the blockchain NEM(XEM).
How do you think I'll return my tokens NEM(XEM)Huh
magneto

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:04:35 AM

I was giving a little bit of time to the freewallet team to contact me but I have received no answer since they reply to my post. I have checked my PMs here, my email inbox and my freewallet app and they send me no answer.

I cant  send a PM to freewallet user in the forum because I have the newbie range and he has disabled that newbies users can send him message. So Im in the same point as when I wrote this post.

Thank you very much for your support magneto and everybody else. I am sending more mails to them and Ill keep you updated with any news.

I'm not too sure why newbies aren't able to send messages to him, since afaik there is no option of disabling PMs from newbies alone(or maybe I'm wrong, i just never saw an option like that). Anyways, I have PM'd him for you and asked him to follow up with any action he takes.

Hopefully, that will be soon.

I sent my tokens NEM(XEM) from the address Bittrex to the address Freewallet in December 3, 2017. And I have not received them yet. The support service only writes one thing - wait!
Since then, in my multicurrency wallet, the address NEM(XEM) has changed. And my tokens hold on the common wallet Freewallet team.
This can be seen in the blockchain NEM(XEM).
How do you think I'll return my tokens NEM(XEM)Huh

PM freewallet on forum, if they are not responding to tickets. Also, did you include your NEM txid in your support ticket? Otherwise, they'll have no way of confirming that you did send funds to the address.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: