Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:40:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Profitable Merge Mine - XPM(with CPU) & DGC(with GPU)  (Read 2695 times)
mechs (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 05:35:07 AM

As best I can tell, the best bang for your buck is to mine primecoins with your CPU and to mine Digitalcoins with your GPUs.  Now, if a GPU miner for XPMs ever comes out, then they will be in competition to the detriment of both DGC and LTC. However, I am starting do doubt whether a GPU miner which is much more efficient than the current CPU miners is likely to be created.
cryptocoinsnews

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 06:12:28 AM

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/08/22/most-profitable-merge-mine-xpm-with-cpu-dgc-with-gpu/

/David Parker, Director of CCN
yurimir
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:31:46 AM

What do you think about Infinitecoin with Network Hash Rate - 1.17 GH / sec now, because DigitalCoin 417.56 MH / sec only?
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 11:20:55 AM

As best I can tell, the best bang for your buck is to mine primecoins with your CPU and to mine Digitalcoins with your GPUs.  Now, if a GPU miner for XPMs ever comes out, then they will be in competition to the detriment of both DGC and LTC. However, I am starting do doubt whether a GPU miner which is much more efficient than the current CPU miners is likely to be created.
This isn't "merged mining" though.  Merged mining is mining on 2 coins at the same time using the same hashing.  Merged mining can be done on either a GPU or a CPU or both.  Mining two coins at once however does not merge them.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
mechs (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 01:47:51 PM

This isn't "merged mining" though.  Merged mining is mining on 2 coins at the same time using the same hashing.  Merged mining can be done on either a GPU or a CPU or both.  Mining two coins at once however does not merge them.
I understand there is a technical difference, but fact is you can mine both these coins at the same time on the same rig.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:43:17 PM

This is completely arbitrary. First, this isn't true merged mining (as stated before), secondly (and more importantly), the profitability of scrypt-coins fluctuates wildly. Because of profitability-comparison-sites such as coinchoose. com and multi-coin mining pools that switch coin depending on profitability, you see the most profitable coin being mined extensively until the difficulty spike pushes the profitability way down, after which it takes time to recover and the cycle repeats.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: