Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:48:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?  (Read 1844 times)
haocoin

Activity: 223
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:14:34 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?

You are right, bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme, Bitcoin is a brand new thing. Bitcoin, like the Internet, has a whole new set of underlying technologies, operational principles, and top-level applications that have never seen anything similar in history. To make it clear to the general public what bitcoin is, just as it is to the public in the 1980s to make it clear what the Internet is.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:22:56 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?
make some research in google mate "what is bitcoin" ,and don't ask here if its ponzi schemes, etc.  Cuase that is the stupid question I've ever seen here in forum. how bitcoin become a ponzi cause it is a decentralized digital currency and its working without administrator.do some research mate don't rely on other opinions.
Renal

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:27:47 AM

I think the Ponzi Scheme usually persuades new investors by offering higher profits than other investments in the short term with a very high rate of return.

The continuity of such high returns requires an ever-increasing flow of money from new investors to keep this scheme going
Lemer

Activity: 139

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:31:05 AM

For those who don't understand the blockchain and the bitcoins, they all think it's a ponzi scheme.
There is no need to argue with them, because time will tell them the right answer: they are all wrong, and perhaps in the future they will buy back bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:44:11 AM

knowledge is very important to assess on crypto. I am not surprised and feel restless if many news that says, that bitcoin is a ponzi scheme. This debate has been very long, and some countries say the same thing. but in fact, bitcoin is becoming more popular and involves many new investors. so I guess this is a matter of knowledge and understanding.

TonyBR

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:45:31 AM

You are 100% right. Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme and those who say that have no idea of it.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:50:36 AM

I think the Ponzi Scheme usually persuades new investors by offering higher profits than other investments in the short term with a very high rate of return.

The continuity of such high returns requires an ever-increasing flow of money from new investors to keep this scheme going

PIN THIS   PIN THIS
Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:55:42 AM

For those who don't understand the blockchain and the bitcoins, they all think it's a ponzi scheme.
There is no need to argue with them, because time will tell them the right answer: they are all wrong, and perhaps in the future they will buy back bitcoin and cryptocurrency.

Probably because there are numerous ponzi schemes out there that is associated to bitcoin. Those who don't know enough about bitcoin and did not directly buy bitcoin have fallen victim of ponzi schemes. Also, the "promise of great returns" from bitcoin has made others think that it is a ponzi scheme. Their lack of understanding and knowledge about bitcoin has led them to believe so. Obviously so, it's not a ponzi. It may be associated to a ponzi scheme but bitcoin in itself is not a ponzi scheme.

qwerty12

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:58:03 AM

Of course you are right

The Ponzi scheme is an investment scheme that pays investor profits from other investors' payments. not from the profit of a business. It's just like a money game where the financiers do not really invest their funds in real binsis. of course it goes against the nature of bitcoin.

Bitcoin is transparent. bitcoin is a digital asset that can be redeemed in common currency such as USD, Euro, etc. just as Gold can be exchanged for money as well. All bitcoin transactions can be traced through blockchain.

Bitcoin is a Digital Asset, not a ponzi scheme and not a fraud.
johnlhy251

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:58:45 AM

At the outset, let me clarify that Bitcoin itself is not a scam, but how Bitcoin is being sold is a scam. More about that below.

To start out, it is important to understand what Bitcoin really is. It would be easy to bore you with a discussion of the technology, about peer-to-peer servers and sophisticated algorithms, but that is not what you need to know.
Sachinist

Activity: 179
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:59:36 AM

No, but retail investors piling into cryptocurrencies, especially those with absolutely no purpose or actual working product, makes the whole market a ponzi-like bubble phenomenon whereby later adopters will take heaviest losses.
joetudi_qcshs

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:04:43 AM

Bitcoin is definitely not a ponzi scheme! Come on! But I know that there are countries with people who exploit or take advantage of the bitcoin hype to make it as a front in creating a business scam by taking investments from other people. I've seen a video where syndicates create a system where money is circulated and makes it look like a fully operational and working bitcoin investment.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:07:31 AM

People who have the right understanding about bitcoin never terms it as a ponzi scheme. Due to the increasing popularity some ponzi schemes were promoted in the name of bitcoin. I never have a thinking that bitcoin to be a ponzi, it is an innovation that has been making a large scale change around the world.
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:08:44 AM

I think you were right. I do not know what bitcoin will do with the system itself to generate the source of the profit but I am sure the bitcoin is not ponzi.
I do not have much experience with this, but I'm sure Bitcoin will not do that. I think bitcoin is in charge of an entire electronic money market and bitcoin will tax the altcoins shown on the altcoins chart. I'm not sure my opinion is right or wrong. Please give me a suggestion.

Vaculin

Activity: 2898
Merit: 612

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:24:51 AM

People who have the right understanding about bitcoin never terms it as a ponzi scheme. Due to the increasing popularity some ponzi schemes were promoted in the name of bitcoin. I never have a thinking that bitcoin to be a ponzi, it is an innovation that has been making a large scale change around the world.
Ponzi scheme operator are using the popularity of bitcoin to attract people to invest in their product.
Because of that, those who want instant money and does not really understand bitcoin will be easily attracted and in the end they will end up
blaming bitcoin for their negligence.
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:32:40 AM

If you imagine Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme then anything that rises legitimately is also a ponzi scheme because people who invested early in anything gain a lot. That isn't what a ponzi is that is what you call good investing. Bitcoin is 10000% not a ponzi scheme this you can be certain of.
I agree. Bitcoin was ridiculed that it will only crash down. According to some economist back then, bitcoin will not serve it's purpose as cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin was an invented way ahead of it's time that's why it got several negative feedbacks back then.
Now that most of the apps and programs wants to offer convinience with transactions with their users(Online games, Online store, etcetera) they now embraced this type of  innovation.
xugzr272186

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:50:43 AM

I can see why some people think it is a Ponzi scheme.  Because it doesn't pay interest like shares.  It can only rise if people pay money in.  And nobody can take more money out than they put in unless it's other people's money.  So everybody's profit in someone else's loss.  Or else it wouldn't work.  Not everyone can profit.  Although some people think everybody can profit.  Well they can't. 

Ponzi scheme is typical of dismantling the wall to make up for Western Wall with new funds to ensure the interests of the elderly to expand investment fraud fraud. Obviously Bitcoin is not. Bitcoin is a subject (you can understand it as a currency). Bitcoin is more like a bond, a contract.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:21:30 PM

No, not at all, it is very far from being some ponzi scheme! Follow Bitcoin history, learn about this first (and the best) cryptocurrency and you will understand that this is a revolutionary new stuff, the chance to earn a lot, the way to get rid of taxes and forget about corruption!
tlkchain

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:18:15 AM

Yes it is ponzi scheme but shhhhhhhh, don't shout it as no one will believe you like dotcoms bubble and bitconnect brash.  Grin Let bitcoiners pump it and live in their own dreams  Grin

There are many mistakes for the country, many people think Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme or MLM, in fact, is not the case. First of all, if you want to know bitcoin, you have to understand how it works, and it takes a long time to know specifically.
renggileh

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:31:39 AM

Not all, indeed there are some projects that apply ponzi scheme theory
Therefore, before joining, we must first study this project
and see how the participants anticipate
and more importantly, you have to see who the manager is
If he has a bad reputation, I suggest that you do not keep on joining
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: