Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:03:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Ponzi scheme?  (Read 1844 times)
Maxson

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:43:35 AM

Bitcoin is far as compared to ponzi scheme.BTC is a digital currency that portraits value with an exchange with a request made, ofcourse dues are deducted from transaction after that you receive what you ask for, like a big market where buy and sell what you want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
usechain

Activity: 246
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:55:43 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?
The capital flows of bitcoin trading markets are similar to the stock market, where new investors buy investments (bitcoin or stocks) from unspecified old investors and neither new or old investors make any profit.
The definition of "Ponzi scheme" is that the later "investor" money is returned to the "investor" in front of the investors as a reward for capital attraction. In the Bitcoin / stock market, the elderly have no advantage over the new couple. Rely on their own ability to judge the rise and fall and profit; and Ponzi scam than the newcomers have a mandatory advantage, the elderly forced to obtain funds from the couple. So bitcoin is not a Ponzi scheme.
casdder

Activity: 110
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:00:11 AM

Ponzi scheme is typical of dismantling the wall to make up for Western Wall with new funds to ensure the interests of the elderly to expand investment fraud fraud. Obviously Bitcoin is not. Bitcoin is a subject (you can understand it as a currency). Bitcoin is more like a bond, a contract. The bit-to-bit trade is basically what you buy with a currency and you buy it. Although this thing has no real effect on you ... but this does not meet the definition of Ponzi scheme.
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:02:40 AM

For those who don't understand the blockchain and the bitcoins, they all think it's a ponzi scheme.
There is no need to argue with them, because time will tell them the right answer: they are all wrong, and perhaps in the future they will buy back bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
Yes people who already arguing with me about bitcoin it’s big bubble after November growth upto 20000$ they really worried and again came back to me was asking about bitcoin investment. In that moment I have given one big smile at their face .

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
antchains

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:14:21 AM

Bitcoin system itself is similar to the bank accounting system, is a payment transaction system, not a scam, not a Ponzi scam. Of course, there may also be criminals holding the pretext of bitcoin to do MLM, that is Ponzi scam. But the current bitcoin market is a weakly regulated (or even unsupervised) market for similar underground markets. Risky, and the single bitcoin, the majority of speculation, the practical application too little. This is the status quo. If you invest bitcoin loss, it is equivalent to a loss of stock futures is a truth, and can not be cheated. Individuals are more optimistic about the underlying technology Bitcoin, blockchain. More and more attention is now focused on the blockchain.
incomefromcoins

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:22:37 PM

indian govt said Ponzi scheme so every one started saying bitcoin is again a ponzi scheme if u think it is ponzi dont buy just see
adekpulpen

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:20:23 AM

yes you are right, bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme, it is a fluctuation
according to my observations, so far, altcoin has gone up four times, and down four times
different from bitcoin, because bitcoin has a limited amount, bitcoin moves unlike altcoin, if bitcoin rises, it will last for a long time
wnfmzm74

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:07:31 AM

I had arguments  with my friends  who are always  tagging  bitcoin with negativity. Today, we argued  and I educated them on bitcoin and Ponzi scheme.  To me Ponzi scheme  is when developers takes  money from new entrance to pay early birds,rinse and repeat until they raise enough and vanish. But bitcoin  is not like that.  Do you think I am right?

Lol ponzi?? really??. Dont trust your friend, he is one of many bitcoin haters. Use your wits,you know bitcoin not like that. Just wasting time talking about bitcoin with such a person like that. Tell your friend "if you dont like bitcoin, say what ever you want i dont care, lets see who will succes in the future"

Bitcoins were once accused of "Ponzi schemes" because Bitcoin exchange rates are constantly rising, while early bitcoin users are easier to mine. After prolonged discussions, the allegation is generally not recognized now.
And bitcoin's core developers have repeatedly and unequivocally emphasized that bitcoin is just an "experimental" project that repeatedly prompts the risks of investing in bitcoin.
kumar jabodah

Activity: 532
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 09:10:10 AM

No! So it's called Ponzi Scheme because it uses the bad guys. Like the money we used to gamble, At Bitcoins it is also. Hopefully people's false beliefs will be removed to make people feel good about it.
mwsind

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 10:07:59 AM

many people are talking negatively about bitcoin many bitcoin holders know that bitcoin is not a scheme or Ponzi scheme
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:12:45 PM

Bitcoin is not a ponzi scheme because bitcoin is a cryptocurrencies and just like the other kind of market, bitcoin is relying on the law of demand and supply which the price of bitcoin is depending and i think that it is too far to compare to ponzi scheme because ponzi scheme is simply pyramiding which bitcoin doesn't any have of trace like that.
bicoin110

Activity: 56
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:25:58 PM

to answer this question we must know about the basic point of creation of BTC, we did not know exactly Why satooshi bulid BTC ok so we can not answer that BTC is ponzi exactly. but i feel it is ponzi but we can take profit altought it is been so

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
P3

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:47:39 AM

Bitcoin is a currency that no company or government that are controlling, there's no bank on it too. this coin is an independent currency that differs to FIAT, BITCOIN might have a price that like some bubbles but those bubbles are steal made and you don't need to worry about as it depends on peoples demand all around the world. PONZI scheme might be connected to bitcoin but bitcoin don't is now a Ponzi, people jump into some company who promised that they will earn double your money in just a short time without doing anything. bitcoin is just a currency that they are using. THAT'S IT!
Well the biggest miners do have a large amount of control over BITCOIN and cryptocurrency due to the sheer mining power
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 08:34:44 AM

Bitconnect is the ponzi scheme and not bitcoin. They might have watched bitconnect scam videos and they mistakenly think of it the same as bitcoin. Bitcoin is not a ponzi because it does not promise any high profits but a transaction that has proofs and cannot be altered.
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:09:16 AM

I think that bitcoin is not a po zi scheme, however there are people who are taking advantage of bitcoin’s popularity and adding some superlative sugar coated words to attract more people and put bitcoin investment in the sirface but actually a scam propagated by many people to create a po zi scheme and to make people invest but actually invest on nothing and in air.
Icaxx

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:23:42 AM

There are a couple of things I would do in this situation, firstly, I would remind your friend that a "Ponzi Scheme" was actually carried out with fiat currency, not crypto currency.

I dont agree with you with this. Ponzi scheme its not always carried with fiat.
Oke i understand that all about fiat because no other currency can be used as ponzi.
But remember, crypto currency can be used as a background of legit company but in the back it can be ponzi.
For example onecoin.

Secondly - some people are just ignorant, if they are not going to get it, its OK. the same people probably have those pulse dial telephones at home and cant figure out why nobody calls them anymore. There are plenty of open minded people in the world, sometimes you have to let a few of the naysayers go.

I agree with this. Why people who dont want to do something and they prefer to talk something bad about that?
If we dont to do it then just dont. Dont need to talk something bad.
orion_tera
Copper Member

Activity: 47

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:43:26 AM

Ponzi scheme has nothing to do with what Bitcoin is. Bitcoin is just a hyper volatile commodity, which is 100% freemarket driven, thus making it susceptible to specualation.
DarLim11

Activity: 151

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:51:48 AM

For me bitcoin is like a ponzi scheme but in a different way. All of us can be the mastermind and all of us can also be a victim. Depending on how you manage or try to earn in bitcoin dictates who will you be in the two.

If you are trading that would be the case but because there are different ways to earn in bitcoin you can still escape from that path. Just take some jobs that pays some bitcoin and you will earn without being in the risk of losing something.

q835197677

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:52:31 AM

Yes it is ponzi scheme but shhhhhhhh, don't shout it as no one will believe you like dotcoms bubble and bitconnect brash.  Grin Let bitcoiners pump it and live in their own dreams  Grin

There are many mistakes for the country, many people think Bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme or MLM, in fact, is not the case. First of all, if you want to know bitcoin, you have to understand how it works, and it takes a long time to know specifically.
Ponzi scam, haha, I would not believe Bitcoins are Ponzi scams. Because each country's leaders are not fools, they desperately want to suppress bitcoin and altcoin, but they are also trying to master the blockchain technology, this is not the best proof of it? If bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme, it's okay to forbid it directly, so it does not have to be so tedious.

Kenassi

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:57:08 AM

Ponzi scheme means referral system and receiving fixed income per time. Bitcoin has none of this attributes, you are receiving profit because of growing demand
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: