Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:58:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to explain BTC values to co-worker  (Read 435 times)
loengrinm

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:46:53 PM

You should explain only to people who are interested in Bitcoins.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:09:06 PM

Hey guys I'm pretty new so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this; recently in my office my coworkers started talking about crypto and Bitcoin. All of them knew about it but they didn't really understand why it is so expensive, I explained them that it's basically supply and demand and that there is a limited supply but they didn't really understand how someone can put that much value onto a currency which is backed by a corporation or government. Do you have any idea how I can explain them better that Bitcoin is representative for crypto and it's gonna be changing a lot of our daily lives?
I suggest you should share in Facebook, Twitter and some other social media is helpful to understand the  co-workers. In current scenario all the peoples are always active in social medias so you should share something definitely all the peoples are watching the post. But it is not easy to explain in all peoples everyone have different set of mindset. So you should share something in different newly that means daily you should posted in just cryptocurrency, Bitcoin and blockchain this is not enough to understand. So you should create a curiosity then only all the co-workers are easily understand.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
JennetCK

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

[PROFISH.IO]

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:27:48 PM

Hey guys I'm pretty new so forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask this; recently in my office my coworkers started talking about crypto and Bitcoin. All of them knew about it but they didn't really understand why it is so expensive, I explained them that it's basically supply and demand and that there is a limited supply but they didn't really understand how someone can put that much value onto a currency which is backed by a corporation or government. Do you have any idea how I can explain them better that Bitcoin is representative for crypto and it's gonna be changing a lot of our daily lives?
You're wrong when you said it was backed by a corporation or the government. It is a decentralized currency so how come the government owns it? Anyway, I really don't explain bitcoin to my co-workers because they already knew it. I explain some atlcoins. I'm a trader so I explain it to them.

Pro Fish 
The ProFish online marketplace & tournaments
Twitter ⋄❖⋄ Telegram ⋄❖⋄ Facebook ⋄❖⋄ Instagram

boboyboi

Activity: 146
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:08:27 PM

it is difficult to explain to someone who knows only the theory but not intriguing how to apply their knowledge. you can not even explain to them what bitcoin really is if you're new to crypto also. till them to watch  on youtube and read what bitcoin is and why their currency is decentralize and not own by government.
luisowens

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:03:27 PM

Explaining to them might not be very easy. But first thing, you need to state its benefits. No disadvantage things to be said, because it will show that the people you are explaining to do not want to participate in what you're saying. Explain and show them what you got after you participated in ICO projects. and how profitable the participation was. They need to know and see Bitcoin benefits then they'ill automatically take their time to learn more on their own.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:39:36 AM

Well, i tried to explain it to my friends, but they think it's scam. No matter what i tell them, they wouldn't believe it. Always find a way to make an point, how people will get burned, lose all money and its bubble, etc etc. So now i stop explaining.. some people don't trust the currency they can't see.
I also tried to explain it to my friends and to my brother too, but guess what they also think that it was a scam also. Well, I guess they are being used to hear those news of mine regarding online businesses because I've done a variety of online business way back 2015 and like what many I'm also failed and experience those failures somewhat makes me feel afraid of trying again, but then here I am in this world of digital currency which now I can say that I've made a right choice, and i would show to those my friends that choose to not believe in me.
This kind of thinking is very common unfortunately this is something that I face every time I try to explain bitcoin to friends or family, they know that I have an interest in technology and most of the time they hear about new stuff from me but when it comes to bitcoin they let their opinions to be influenced heavily by the media that depicts bitcoin as a scam and this makes really hard to explain bitcoin since they do not want to listen.
beej

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 02:54:48 PM

It's a challenge every time I'm confronted with a task of explaining bitcoins and
cryptocurrency to a friend, a stranger and even a co-worker. Basically the absence
or lack of interest of the person makes it hard to explain. Introducing the basic
concepts of bitcoin is a good place to start then slowly tackle the benefits and it's
potential components. Social media, youtube and websites are useful and informative
sources that might also be insinuated to speed up the process. Keep the conversation
simple and encourage questions. Be patient, positive and expect nothing.
mindfly09

Activity: 405
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 04:08:25 PM

Whenever i explain btc to others, its not really easy especially to those who have not yet knowledge on bitcoin. But the first thing we should do is teach how to start invest and sharing our knowledge, but if people who are really interested they can easily learn. I think its better also to tell them that they should be a patient to do research always so that it can make help to improve their knowledge abut bitcoin.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:57:28 AM

Try to use the simplest words and comparisons. If you know blockchain technology pretty well, draw a scheme and show it to your co-worker. You can offer him to watch one of YouTube videos for a newbie, for instance this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X9eJF1nLiY
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 09:09:14 AM

To explain bitcoin values, I think they have to first cover the beginning of the coverage in the basics of cruptocurrency on what it is and what the value represents. It is important that we don’t over hype the cryptocurrency to people and show then what it really is on a broader soectrum that they can comprehend easily and understand which is better in the long run when they decide to jump in

legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:14:20 AM

The value of a cryptocurrency is defined as the value of any other commodity that can be exchanged. Everything depends on demand and on supply. While the number of people wishing to buy grow more rapidly than rates of mining, the price is growing.
markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:48:56 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2018, 02:33:34 PM by markdario112616

I think you meant to say a currency which isn't backed by government or corporation yes?

Not to generalized all, There are already institutions, corporations, businesses, and Government that already accepted cryptocurrencies. Though some (or most) of these countries set prohibitions in doing transactions using cryptos.

Do you have any idea how I can explain them better that Bitcoin is representative for crypto and it's gonna be changing a lot of our daily lives?

As a senior member of my current work, Some of my subordinates do ask for an advice on how to earn extra income or some sort money related inquiries. Since base from my past experiences in handling such cases, I do first check if they really are interested in what will I discuss with them. I normally start with this "Do you or do you not have any idea about cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin?" if they reacted negatively to it then I will not continue, Don't push someone to like what you like. If they reacted positively then, I'll show them first what normally to expect. From then on, I'll explain it the way, my mentor explains it to me with additional thoughts based on what I've already experienced and learned from this industry.

Spoonfeeding would literally my style of teaching like a teacher-student way of explaining. What I've said or taught are just guidelines, It's up to them to generate their own strategies and discover things on their own in this industry.
abhishek273b

Activity: 94

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:04:12 AM

Smiley  To explain them is very easy. The first thing you need to mention is its benefits. Do not say harmful things, it will only show that people do not want to participate.
Show them what you got after participating in ICO projects on the bitcointalk forums and how profitable it was in the past five months. They need to see the benefits of bitcoin and they will automatically take the time to learn. simple.Smiley
Julia_KA

Activity: 96
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:14:09 AM

Once was asked to explain what bitcoin was. Just suggested they watch the "Banking on bitcoin" documentary. I think on the basic level it explains what bitcoin is pretty well.
moamin77

Activity: 310
Merit: 102

JACS.tech

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:19:34 AM
Merited by 1Referee (1)

IMO (& that always worked for me), always start by explaining the underlying technology; i.e. blockchain and how it helps achieve the required decentralization, trust...etc (not only for Crypto Currencies but for all other industries as well)
Then move directly to BTC and how it is the king of the Crypto Currency world that has been there for approximately 10 years now, how it's gaining interest and attention from thousands of folks every day, how it's the base for all ALTs out there and so on....

ChConcept

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:58:56 AM

How I explained it to friends and co-workers, I used FAB; talked about it what is Bitcoin, its features - what it does and how it works, next is its advantages - its technology and how it is better that the ones that our governments and banks are using currently.  And the last but not the least, its benefits - how it will give them great profit, financial freedom and more. Hope this helps.

╔═◼ CARDSTACK ◼═╗
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet (https://cardstack.com/)
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:03:23 AM

Smiley  To explain them is very easy. The first thing you need to mention is its benefits. Do not say harmful things, it will only show that people do not want to participate.
Show them what you got after participating in ICO projects on the bitcointalk forums and how profitable it was in the past five months. They need to see the benefits of bitcoin and they will automatically take the time to learn. simple.Smiley
Not really a good idea, if you do that then people will have a distorted vision of the market thinking that making money is easy and there is no way to lose, then when they lose and they will lose if they have that frame of mind then they are going to blame you and bitcoin for what happened and instead of creating a bitcoin user you will create a bitcoin hater.
Gringoblin67

Activity: 104

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:05:51 AM

I think all you need to do is explain what Bitcoin does and it's entirely up to your co-worker if he finds value in it.
nCredible

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:25:54 AM

let him trade it on paper as i did with stock market.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1347

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:43:54 AM

I guess you wanted to say which isn't backed by a corporation or government.
How much money? The value of a single coin doesn't mean anything. It can be $1000 or it can be $10000. When you are putting 100$ in BTC you are putting 100$ in BTC. That's all there is to know. Depending on the current rate you may get 1k satoshi or 10k satoshi or any other number. Once you make them understand it the tone of the discussion will change, but most people find this very hard to grasp.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███