Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:02:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: reliable advice for installing cgminer on linux centos 6.4 x86_64 (up to date)?  (Read 4535 times)
Temuujin (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:50:35 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2013, 03:04:52 PM by Temuujin

Hi. I am having one hell of a time trying to install cgminer onto a current version of Centos 6.4 (current as of August 21).
I put together a x86_64 rig with 5 MSI Twin Frozrs. My facility will only allow linux CentOs on its systems. I can't use Ubuntu, or any of the other more favored linux distros that are easy installs for cgminer.
The guides already out on the internet that talk about installing cgminer on Centos are somewhat helpful,  even some of the recent posts, but seem out-of-date.

If anyone could offer some advice, no matter how small, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Sincerely,
Temuujin  Smiley
Temuujin (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:04:29 PM

Ok. I figured it out. I didn't see Viceroy's post.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=170516.0
His advice is great.

Wow. My CentOS Rig is pretty powerful!
The only change that I made is that I am using the most up-to-date AMD/ATI drivers and nothing is broken. In fact, if I just use only "basic" mining commands without any major tweaks, I get the best results.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: