Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:11:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should there be subforums for each chip vendor?
Yes - 10 (47.6%)
No - 11 (52.4%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining - Subforums for each chip vendor?  (Read 687 times)
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:52:20 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 09:08:02 AM by senseless

Things are getting ever more cluttered in the custom hardware section. It's hard to find specific information. Would it be possible to get custom sub forums for at minimum asicminer, avalon, bitfury, bfl?

Maybe only do it with each company that has shipped products (proven chips) aka asicminer, avalon, bitfury, bfl ? Once a company has proven chips (chips in the wild) then they can get their own forum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:56:01 PM

Just move BFL to scam accusations... everything that is posted about them. That clear it up.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 02:57:44 PM

Than every new ASIC Producer that pops up needs to get a own board immediately as well, if it's legit or not.

Otherwise that could be counted as unfair endorsement of particular companies by the forum.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:05:44 PM

I was going to suggest this as well... but maybe a sub-forum for "BTC Miner Companies".. and let them trash that one with countless threads about pre-news announcements and shit.. perhaps even have one main company thread sticky'd up top if they donate to the forum since they are essentially getting free advertising from a large community..

Or if all else fails at least enforce a one thread rule on the current forum.. .much like what happened with all the BFL bullshit last year.. merge all threads into one and enforce it..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:06:19 PM

I don't see it as such a problem, just some companies are abusing the board by opening up a needless amount of threads just to bump their name up to the top when they have nothing of any importance or any valid contribution to bring to the table; i.e. polluting the forum with scammy marketing methods.

Delete all but the main thread unless the associated thread adds something helpful. Currently they don't.

Aside from that it's the BFL haters swamping the board with irrelevant resentment . I mean, I understand the discontent, but another Josh is a muppet thread is unnecessary, the guy is more than capable of preventing people from purchasing from Butterfly Labs himself.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 03:08:42 PM

I was going to suggest this as well... but maybe a sub-forum for "BTC Miner Companies".. and let them trash that one with countless threads about pre-news announcements and shit.. perhaps even have one main company thread sticky'd up top if they donate to the forum since they are essentially getting free advertising from a large community..

Or if all else fails at least enforce a one thread rule on the current forum.. .much like what happened with all the BFL bullshit last year.. merge all threads into one and enforce it..

No the donation thing will be equally abused. Let them survive on their own merit, or the DIYers won't stand a chance.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 05:27:33 PM

No:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=240424

Signature space available for rent.
senseless (OP)

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:34:54 PM

Well that's a shame. There's 8 bfl threads, and 8 avalon threads on page 1 alone. It would really benefit from some segregation.

J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 06:34:59 PM

Than every new ASIC Producer that pops up needs to get a own board immediately as well, if it's legit or not.

Otherwise that could be counted as unfair endorsement of particular companies by the forum.

Unfair endorsement? Is this an actual rule? I think Theymos can choose to support whatever he likes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: