Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:34:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much potential for Altcoins this year?  (Read 244 times)
King Koopa (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:52:48 PM

Hello All!

New to the forums here but about a full month into the Cryptocurrency market, so definitely still green from both perspectives. I'm hoping I didn't miss the boat but I sincerely believe in the technology behind it.

I wanted to get your guys thoughts on the potential for altcoins this year. We've seen some take off anywhere from 20-40x in just a matter of a year. For those that have gotten to ride the wave in the past 1-2 years, do you see the same type of growth for the altcoins or are there diminishing returns now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randee888

Activity: 88
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:29:26 AM

I think this yaer some altcoin will have great future, i mean im holding ethereum anyway. another alt that i think have great chance too is cardano and neo. also maybe binance coin.
Mjc14ca

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:24:38 AM

Hello All!

New to the forums here but about a full month into the Cryptocurrency market, so definitely still green from both perspectives. I'm hoping I didn't miss the boat but I sincerely believe in the technology behind it.

I wanted to get your guys thoughts on the potential for altcoins this year. We've seen some take off anywhere from 20-40x in just a matter of a year. For those that have gotten to ride the wave in the past 1-2 years, do you see the same type of growth for the altcoins or are there diminishing returns now?

Greater growth for alt coins, so many good projects already started or starting. Tons of junk as well watch out for those.

TRX can easily go 20-40x this year I believe, it will go more. Check out the team and their connections

DBC/RPX are the first coins being built on NEO chain, (Chinese etherum) Neo is also very underrated they are probably the safest coin you could buy in my opinion

RHOC could got 20-40x Ian Balina rated it top 5 coins with a chance to go 100x

ZRX could go 20-40x in my opinion too
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:30:05 AM

I think the potential for altcoins in this year is big because at least every altcoin has a chance to increase from 20%-50% and could be more because if the altcoin follows the bitcoin price, then the altcoin will adjust their price to a new price. although bitcoin now has a correction, it seems it won't stop the altcoin to increase and we are going to see the altcoin rise again soon.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
wayancrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:50:59 AM

In my opinion altcoin will have more potential than last year because many newcomer jump in to it so the volume and marketcap higher and also the demand increasing. Actually some Altcoin more promising higher return than Bitcoin last year and for this year will be the samething.

Boomber

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:04:52 AM

I think this year will be the year of altcoin. Altcoin prices will growing as you can see at first week in 2018. Universa and datum have potential in this year will growing up after they launched platform.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 03:14:55 AM

This year we will see some altcoins that made their launch last year to skyrocket and some will plunge to the ground. Some of them have great potential, if they are really doing what is on their whitepaper. So let us see if our coins belong to the heroes or zeroes.

cryptomarijuana

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Create Your Decentralized Life

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:21:09 AM

Probaby ADA it is cheap right now but it is on the top 10 coins in coinmarketcap,it can give you x100 in just 1-2years.

covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:21:55 AM

I would call it the year of altcoins. 2017 was a bumpy ride yet we saw exponential growth and there are not much options left for alts to go downtrend. Cryptos to some extent are being recognized as an unavoidable technology by the whole world including the governments and authorities.
We've already seen bans and now 2018 can be a year of regulated release as ban is not making any huge difference at all.
sinduarianto

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:03:02 AM

maybe in 2018 this Altcoin will experience a considerable development because if seen last year alcoin always increases with the increase of Altcoin users.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:04:42 AM

For sure a lot of altcoins will be rising this year. 3rd generation cryptocurrencies such as Cardano and Aion will play a big role.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 04:07:38 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 08:15:06 AM by Ilegendph

maybe in 2018 this Altcoin will experience a considerable development because if seen last year alcoin always increases with the increase of Altcoin users.
I also believe the same way, and also people are starting to realize that it is more profitable to invest in altcoin rather than in bitcoin because most of them are start ups and can be like ethereum which from $1 to $1000 in just a span of 1 year.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
Nkan25

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:07:53 AM

"In 2016, venture capital investment in blockchain-backed startups have now surpassed pure Bitcoin startups totaling over $1.1 billion (Coy and Kharif, 2016). As one example of a management effort to capitalize on blockchain technology a coalition or consortium of financial firms were formed, led by the company R3. The original set of founding participants included IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs and Barclays, JP Morgan, State Street, UBS, Royal Bank of Scotland, Credit Suisse, BBVA and Commonwealth Bank of Australia. This number of companies has since grown to 45 financial firms in 2015 and 80 firms in 2017. The group of firms intend to research the use of blockchain networks across the financial system (Higgins, 2015; Kelly, 2015; R3, 2017). "

BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY ADOPTION
STATUS AND STRATEGIES
Joseph M. Woodside - Stetson University
Fred K. Augustine Jr. - Stetson University
Will Giberson - Stetson University
Journal of International Technology and Information Management Volume 26, Number 2 2017

This excerpt shows that the big boys still haven't caught up yet.
uszaty43

Activity: 849
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:16:58 AM

I think this yaer some altcoin will have great future, i mean im holding ethereum anyway. another alt that i think have great chance too is cardano and neo. also maybe binance coin.

Binance coin? This coin is from an exchange, and it does not have huge chances to keep going up. It is a good exchange, but why do they have a coin?

It is the most useless thing that they could have created.. just a coin for their exchange, what a waste of time..
Synaesthesia

Activity: 546
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:40:56 AM

although all the market has fallen down recently, I believe that it is just a correction of the market when the Chinese New Year is coming. After that, altcoins will recover soon.
pprun

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:45:10 AM

Altcoins is potential in the coming future. No doubt it will survive for a long run in crypto. This year it could be a good year for altcoins. Maybe altcoins exceeds to the highest level of potential.
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 07:04:16 AM

If you check the previous year's market price, you'll find out that the alts have given higher gains than Bitcoin. I believe that this is going to continue happening the current year because Bitcoin is facing many problems with high fees and the propaganda of his forked clones.
I am very optimistic.
A friend of this forum bought $1000 in the first 100 coins according to the cap list and he has already doubled his initial investment.
madgtr

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:57:43 PM

I think this year altcoins have a lot of potential, and the strong alts will shine soon. People are noticing that it can be more profitable to invest in altcoins rather that BTC and that also creates a demand for more altcoins.
123newath

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:34:21 PM

I think this year altcoins have a lot of potential, and the strong alts will shine soon. People are noticing that it can be more profitable to invest in altcoins rather that BTC and that also creates a demand for more altcoins.

Hope bad/scam projects will be history this year. I think real world usage projects will have a way to shine.
madtea

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:54:47 PM

I'm betting big on NEO and OMG. OMG has actually been somewhat forgotten in the last few months but keep in mind that what they are trying to accomplish takes time. Also really liking XRB but unfortunately, buying at ATHs goes against my personal investing rules.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: